Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B2K

Oh HE** NO (YES!!!!)

17 posts in this topic

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/17-development-notes/15289-friday-update-september-11th-2015

I refuse to stay on the ground and be sniper bait in big city fighting... :)

UNVEIL BONUS: FIRE ESCAPES IN DEVELOPMENT

One of the coolest things we had was being able to go up on top of buildings to make the battle more immersive and offer new paradigms in city fighting. We're currently looking to put these into larger city buildings and will require the terrain re-write before implementation, however the art work is being completed now in preparation for all of that.

stairs.jpg

Edited by b2k

I am so happy there will be roof access again! It increases the variety of gameplay, which is a very good thing. City fighting should be very different from fighting in the country. Plus roof access for fighting, observing, ... is more realistic.

Now if they would just massively increase the city destroyed states....!!!

Agreed. These types of terrain changes and different building models are great for more variety of play and increased replay-ability. The "old new bunker" being another. I get very excited when CRS starts talking about terrain and object changes. I've heard the player base talk about underground tunnel systems and have heard CRS respond that the way the terrain works would make this near impossible without a major rewrite of the terrain code.

What I would like to see in the big cities is more connectivity of the interiors creating some pretty big maze like interior areas that have capture-able objectives buried within. Along with a greater variety of CP and Bunker structures.

These would be some simple ways to start that will help refresh the game play experiences. I can see some awesome stuff on the horizon for this game if we can grab and retain a larger player base.

What I would like to see in the big cities is more connectivity of the interiors creating some pretty big maze like interior areas...

We used to have those ingame in the buildings that had fire escapes.

I do hope though the stairs bug and with it the offset bug is being worked on before that. Otherwise you cannot climb stairs anyway. These been the most annoying bugs in years

bb

I do hope though the stairs bug and with it the offset bug is being worked on before that. Otherwise you cannot climb stairs anyway. These been the most annoying bugs in years

bb

Just make the infantry kill lag stop. *cries*

And yeah those roof tops battles used to be so fun hahaha.

I remember having to check for fooking tatonka everywhere.

What we will also need is some relief on the roofs. What sucked back in the days was that they were completely flat.

I just may have to try circling overhead in a JU-52 and try picking off ei from the rooftops.

And yeah those roof tops battles used to be so fun hahaha.

I remember having to check for fooking tatonka everywhere.

Tatonka didn't need a ladder. He would fly in and para drop on the rooftop.

What we will also need is some relief on the roofs. What sucked back in the days was that they were completely flat.

This!!!! It would make rooftop battles very fun and unpredictable.

• chimneys
  • vent pipes
  • elevator maint. rooms. accesible with windows.

side note, we should have doors that you can open.

furniture inside the buildings.

inside stair wells.

roof access from inside.

xoom said after the rats finish the fire escapes, they are bringing back trees to climb

true story

LOL,oh I hope not that was silly,you would see a dozen or more players in 1 tree,their would be gun battles in the trees...

LOL' date='oh I hope not that was silly,you would see a dozen or more players in 1 tree,their would be gun battles in the trees...[/quote']

Can't get the image out of my head. It made me think of a Robin Hood's Merry Men sketch at the local Renaissance Fair. It was an adaptation of a Martin Mull song about men aboard sailing ships. The Robin Hood verse was...

"All of us are Robin's men and none of us are sissies.

At night we sleep in different trees and blow each other kissies."

Now, just what would you guys be DOING, with so many in one tree, eh? :D

-Irish

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0