Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gvonpaul

Game runs slow, nearly stops when aiming.

16 posts in this topic

This just started over the last week, it happens on- or offline. I was getting 80-100 FPS offline, now I get around 20, and when I am, it goes down to 2. I've scanned for viruses and malware, I have tried every Windows 10 NVIDIA driver that there is (uninstalling completely between them), running task manager, there is never more than a 25% load on my CPU or my RAM. Last weekend (or the weekend before?) I was in the Beta with no problem. I have both the new and old versions installed on my computer, and they both do the same.

Windows 10

GeForce GT 740 w/4GB RAM

3.4 gig quad core AMD

8 gig system RAM.

Game is on a SSD with plenty of empty spece (I've tried it on other drives also),

Game and Windows settings are set for 'best performance.'

I've run diagnostics on my CPU and video card and all is in order.

It does run slow on other games, so it's not a WWIIOL problem.

I don't really know what else I can do.

Check temps while running anything? maybe cooler got loose & isnt touching CPU anymore hence CPU throttles down due to temps..check that

no ideas' date=' but they say some older hardware does not play nice with win10.[/quote']

That's possible, I guess, but it ran fine for over a month on Win10, actually it even performed better than it did in Win7. And I have scanned for malware and viruses. I may just have to reformat and reinstall win7

"Never more than 25% utilization of CPU"..you say its a quad core - 25% utilization usually means theres one core out of the 4 pegged to 100% actually...or is that 25% across all 4 cores combined ie CORE0 10% / Core1 5% / Core 2 5% /Core3 5%?

If one core only is pegged to 100% and the others just idling along..hmm

Go Task Manager / View / CPU History and see if you have option to check Graph "ALL CPUs" or "One Graph per CPU" or if greyed out

Edited by axis412

If greyed out it means your Win10 install has most likely auto-installed some update or some other BS a week ago / 10 days ago which messed up chipset drivers or something and is only using/recognizing 1 Core out of 4 available since- hence the 25% utilization = 1 core maxed out = everything slows to a crawl...

If you can do a fresh Win10 install and see if its back to normal

By opening up the resource monitor, I can see all 4 cores. At worst, one of them gets to 50%. It's funny because if I aim at nothing, it doesn't really slow down, but when I am at the avatars I've left, it's 2-4 FPS. Offline I finally have it to where I'm running 20-25 FPS until I aim at the avatars. I may just have to dump it and reinstall Windows 7.

I have just noticed what seems to be a huge amount of disk activity. In Resource monitor, 'system' peaks at around 95k read B/sec, which is a way higher than anything else. Do you know if that is a normal amount? A high read/write rate for something else could slow me down, maybe.

I have just noticed what seems to be a huge amount of disk activity. In Resource monitor' date=' 'system' peaks at around 95k read B/sec, which is a way higher than anything else. Do you know if that is a normal amount? A high read/write rate for something else could slow me down, maybe.[/quote']

Even w SYSTEM doing whatever on the HDD/SSD once the game is loaded and offlie even, spawning into offline barracks and aiming its in the RAM, disk activity cant slow it down really

Anything in event viewer / System and Application Event Log? task manager per se? maybe win10 is defragging your hdds for the last 10 days or so lol

Using Chrome / Skype maybe ?

P2P Updates Turned off?

Background Intelligent Transfer Service turned off?

Edited by axis412

Even w SYSTEM doing whatever on the HDD/SSD once the game is loaded and offlie even, spawning into offline barracks and aiming its in the RAM, disk activity cant slow it down really

Anything in event viewer / System and Application Event Log? task manager per se? maybe win10 is defragging your hdds for the last 10 days or so lol

Using Chrome / Skype maybe ?

P2P Updates Turned off?

Background Intelligent Transfer Service turned off?

I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out with this. Lots of good ideas, but ultimately I just went back to Windows 7 for now. Probably was time to do that anyway.

Thanks, I owe you one.

I play another game a little bit that has ships and tanks.

Was beta testing the ship game and found the lag/Desync to be really bad on one of my computers. The funny thing is after talking and suggesting that I upgrade to windows 10 there support department came back to me and said they do not support windows 10.

Food for thought; from a gaming that seems to have success with there tank game. But I still come back to this game because of the interaction on the battlefield.

I was always told never to install a new OS till after the first service pack.

I will wait to install 10 before I have to pay for it on all of my computers.

Not knocking windows 10 because I do here some good things; but to me its hard to imagine to have all the drivers correct in the first few months. IMO

Regards

drill

Having similar issues here, only with AMD video card...

Was running the game in Win8.1 with same HW the other day and had no problems...

Upgraded to Win 10 with no problems...

Wanted to do a clean install, did so and reinstalled same Win 10 and drivers, but had to install new game patch...

Game steps/lags like a-you-know-what now... tried uninstalling and reinstalling game as well as gpu drivers, and still have so much lag and low fps that game is unuseable...

Thinking network traffic might be suspect... not sure, nut nothing else has changed other than what I've listed above.

...but looks like I'll be losing forum access again as of Monday.

Edited by membrain

Bump - 550ti user having all sorts of open GL related crashes anywhere from 3 to 60 minutes after spawning in. Any (good) news on the driver front. Would replacing w/ a radeon board help?

Nothing?

Still having problems despite having done a clean install of newer driver... Seems to be most likely to crash whenever I use binoculars/gunsight - anything that provides a zoomed in view.

TIA for any suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0