Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sajuk

Tank review

5 posts in this topic

Hello BGE fanatics,

here a short review about my experience with the PzIIc.

The best think if you want to play with the PzIIc is, that this pocket tank is always free in the spawnlist. In all the time i have play i have never a problem to join with a PzIIc :D

Sometimes some people ask me, why i not play with the great sdkfz 232.

The say the 232 have the same gun and he is much faster.

This is true but i think the 232 is much more easier to kill with rifle and have less armor. I know that the armor of the PzIIc is dreadful most only one shoot from et or e-gun and you are toast on the battlefiled but the armor from the 232 is much more dreadful.

If you play with the PzIIc you cant really attack successful frontal or go in close combat. For me the best way to play with the PzIIc is to shot from the second row or you ambusch near a allied town. If you play save and cautious you can play very successful with this pocket tank.

But you can not play with the same hit and run strategy if you join the 232.

Both units need a other strategy i think.

Here a pic from my staats with the PzIIc

:confused:

If have have low or empty HE ammo i always despwan.

I used never AP ammo for me this AP ammo is ineffective.

I think a good idea for all tankers on both side is that the player can decide switch how manny AP or HE he charge. In real acommander from a tank in ww2 request her ammo self and say what he need.

Why not in BGE?

Edited by sajuk

Nice. I like this tank also for infantry attack and covering our cappers.

I had a head to head battle with a stuart before....both of us facing each other at about 50 meters and I was amazed at how much damage I took before I was actually dead.

Of course, I didn't hurt him at all, but I was able to trouble him enough to cause a pain.

I've never been killed by infantry in one of these that I know of.

Sajuk, the reason "why not in BGE ?" is because there is currently no way to individually alter vehicle (or infantry) models to individual user specification. Once they are created, and added to the game engine, they are fixed in terms of data.

Now, they COULD be adjustable, but that would require the creation of an entirely new system; all the way from creation, to implementation, and of course, whatever the game engine itself prevents, being recreated so that it can allow that kind of thing.

Which, from the end point where things exist now, backwards to where they came from more than a decade and a half ago ... is probably a bridge too far.

Now, we did when I was there, come up with some creative "workarounds" that might be able to fake this at a systems level and appear to the end user (player) that it was doing what you seek. It would require a lot of work to pull that off however, and resources that might not exist unless circumstances change quite a bit.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0