• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odonovan1

Aircraft Basic Training

10 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that there are a ton of training lessons, but only one for aircraft...and that one doesn't even include takeoff and landing? They'll teach you how to sit on the flight line and look cool...even how to start the engine. If you want to actually take off, however...tough luck.

If free players can fly tier one planes, shouldn't ALL players at least get access to a takeoff and landing lesson, so they don't get discouraged and leave the game rather than having to try to figure everything out for themselves?

-Irish

Mouse and keyboard??? EWWW! The game should be set up to let you fly for a couple minutes then crash into the ground in a vertical dive, for anyone who flies with a mouse and keyboard.

A joystick is not that expensive. I bought a used one, at a local flea market, very cheaply. I even found a used Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, for $5, at a local thrift store. I brought it home, cleaned it up, calibrated it, and it works perfectly.

Joysticks fuh tuh wih (FTW)! :)

-Irish

Calibrate a joystick?! Holy 1996!

If you can't fly without arcade mode, go find that warplanes garbage. We didn't have any tutorials in 2001. We just made it work

Mouse and keyboard??? EWWW! The game should be set up to let you fly for a couple minutes then crash into the ground in a vertical dive, for anyone who flies with a mouse and keyboard.

A joystick is not that expensive. I bought a used one, at a local flea market, very cheaply. I even found a used Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, for $5, at a local thrift store. I brought it home, cleaned it up, calibrated it, and it works perfectly.

Joysticks fuh tuh wih (FTW)! :)

-Irish

As said in that thread and info text on YouTube, joystick is recomended ;).

Calibrate a joystick?! Holy 1996!

If you can't fly without arcade mode, go find that warplanes garbage. We didn't have any tutorials in 2001. We just made it work

Damn it! I did NOT need root beer in my sinus cavity...or on my keyboard!

You can always ask on mission chat for help' date='most pilots are vets and don't mind.[/quote']

But this would be actual PRACTICE. All the advice in the world doesn't help as much as an actual hands-on run through in a lesson.

-Irish

I tried to help a green tag last night who was failing horribly at taking off. I never got a response back when I was trying to tell him what he needed to do to get the plane off the runway.

After he nosed 4 planes into the ground he just de-spawned. Hope he wasn't so frustrated that he quit the game.

I tried to help a green tag last night who was failing horribly at taking off. I never got a response back when I was trying to tell him what he needed to do to get the plane off the runway.

After he nosed 4 planes into the ground he just de-spawned. Hope he wasn't so frustrated that he quit the game.

If he was Axis, perhaps he came over to the Allied side. Maybe we could make a pilot out of him. Still, another target in the air would be lovely. Keep sending them up, vmanstein! :D

-Irish

I think that sort of thing happens all the time, and that the game would have a lot more players if care had been taken from the beginning to get every bit of training to new players as possible.

Built-in voice is utterly critical to get to such people.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0