XOOM

VETS: Check-in here

218 posts in this topic

Started playing in Fall of 2008, original gamertag was freeland.

Played off and on throughout the years with a few months between. Spent some time in the Axis HC as an infantry and then FJ officer.

Last I played was in September of 2013. I've been running with Windhund for quite some time now. Axis for life.

i started playing in 2002 and just started playing again glad its moving forward

i play mainly allied

last member of the 17th bg to still be playing this great game

i started playing when i was 6

ans still enjoy it after 3 years of leave from the game

hope to see great things happen in the future

What year did you start playing? 2008 I think but account doesn't say it.

When was the last time you played? 2012, left due to cost and game mechanics getting too rusty, ArmA series stole me away...

What squad were you in? AEF's WWIIOnline social group

What side did you primarily play on? Allies - UK

Edited by jjwolfgang

Scratch that, now I remember why I quit, my proper account wouldn't reactivate properly... it works now though the prices have gone up... :/

Edited by jjwolf

I started playing in 2003 I think, I played on and off until 2012.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to tame the monkeys in OT (to no avail) however when I was on the battlefield I was usually playing as Axis for the good ol' 31st Wrecking Crew (at least I think that's what we were called, it has been a while). I have spent the last few years playing Planetside 2 on the Connery server as VS.

Oh and I am the only man to have killed Bilton.

S! all, first time I played was Sep 19 2006, can't remember the last time I played. Joined BTZ with RM and a few others in the very early days of the squad. I think I did try the "DARK SIDE" once but never went back. Always Allied. S!

Evening...

Kilo33 here.

I started playing in September, 2001, with a one year pause and I believe my current sub start date is in 2004. I played fairly religiously through 2009, then sporadically through 2012. This is my first time back since then. In the day, I have been a member of both HQ's, and have belonged to Windhund (my first squad), and when I was playing allied, Escadrille Le'Chat Noir until Lafayette formed, then Easy Company, then back to Lafayette.

I am seriously considering returning, just depends on how much it has changed, how involved the HQ's are, and whether there are any old faces I can reconnect with, or a new solid squad that I can join as I suspect there is no-one left from the old days. Well, except Xoom...oh, and Bragg... hrmmm... who else is floating around here?

Regards,

Kilo33

Edited by kilo33

1999 0r 2000...way more than a year before the pay to play started or campaigns. No bushs..no trees. mariemburg was where i was born in game as it was the farthest town to the east at the time. I think profondeville was the farthest town north. No army bases..only one radio with no cap timer. Just touch it and town was capped.

I rode in my uber-char and had over 50,000 kills in it. it was uber and OP.

Played till...uh...maybe...2009 or 2010. Jumped back in on a few elcome back soldier and have always enjoyed my time back in game.

Best mmo war game ever

was in squads 1st allied special forces group 1ASFG...then for many years Lafayette LAF

Hah... FLYING 38t's.... :) those were the days... the early days, when straying off the road would drop you into the abyss even though it looked flat, when you never new when a fairmille would steam by... in the grass... sigh. Oh... and I remember my time in Lafayette as well...

Edited by kilo33

its already activated' date=' just jump in with your old credentials...[/quote']

Does not come with old data.Writes this.Can't understand why.

'no registry for name'

Booo! (speaking of, is Bloo still around?)..

I see GvonPaul's still active! yay!

Xoom's head rat? weren't you like 15? lol. that's so awesome!

15 fricking years. I log in and there's still new pm's about keymaps in my inbox, lol. hell, are my keymaps even still relevant? hehe.

currently downloading the game. I've stuck my head in now and again over the years since I actually started having a real life again but it's been a few years at least...

Happy to see that this still exists.. who'da thunk it after day 1? I was mad at first but then the rats stuck around and actually kept working on it.. so I stuck by them.. and this was a surrogate family for me for many years that I can never express the words for how greatful I am and was for them.

I don't remember the year but I played starting with 1.13.

Used to write articles for a website and drove a lot of traffic towards the game.

Last time I played... I dunno, gave it a shot a while ago for campaign 100 but flying was pointless with a small player base.

Primarily Axis but I like to switch it up.

Really happy there's a new dev team going.

What year did you start playing?

When was the last time you played?

About a year-and-a-half ago.

What squad were you in?

My first squad was the Razorbacks. We transitioned and were absorbed into AST (Allied Strike Team)

What side did you primarily play on?

Allies.

Been around forever. That Texas Truce avatar over there on the left? I designed it.

I designed the T-Shirts for both of the cons. The first con ('05) was for the "BEYOND BLITZKRIEG" retail re-release which subsequently had to change names as the name was "taken". This is why we have Battleground Europe.

I have an unworn t-shirt from that event still.

Shortly thereafter, a WWIIOL-themed online poker game (Battleground Poker) was given (gratis) to the community so players could have another place to get together online.

battlegroundpoker.jpg

Also around that time I was asked to Create a launch site for the retail re-release.

Check this out: (turn up your volume) http://www.webmunki.com/battlegrounddemo/battlegroundpromo.html

The Texas Truce was the second con (I couldn't make it to that one) but I got tapped to design the shirts again. My company at the time, Prizewagon, was also a corporate sponsor for that event.

Also around that time I was asked to redesign the Battleground Europe website. It still exists to this day though not utilizing the excellently-rendered battle scenes (I paid a 3-D artist I worked with to make them). The scenes transitioned through a 24-hour lighting period and displayed differently based on local time.

...and yes, I STILL have to pay if I want to play.

Edited by tenpin

Hi everybody!! long time no see!!

wb ceska. best rifleman in the game. ever. where is darkvex, jamieg, merek, okiemoe and bud4u?

Edited by sorella

2003 or 2004

I won't admit anything

What squad were you in?

6Yearzzz

The Dark side

• What year did you start playing?
  • When was the last time you played?
  • What squad were you in?
  • What side did you primarily play on?

- Happy Monkey Heads

- c. 2008 (?)

- none

- the one with the Hurricanes

Something like 2003ish?

Around 2009ish, I believe.

What squad were you in?

Zemke's Wolfpack, the 56th!

Allied.

S! The Evil1 reporting for duty.

Can't remember when I first started.

Last played 2011

Allied player. HC officer. French Country Commander.

Specialty organized paradrops.

First to captured the uncaptureable

Edited by cwo4evil

2001, Right around launch day.

Awhile ago, not sure exactly.

What squad were you in?

#Blitz! SFS!

Allied for sure.

There was some reset that happened and my forum profile has shown 2004 ever since =/