XOOM

VETS: Check-in here

218 posts in this topic

Thrance' date=' Mosquit, Savvy, lipton, how the hell's are ya? Heck my free trial is gonna run out before I can get the old St290 mapped in. I wonder how many planes thats gonna cost the allies.[/quote']

Oh you know, life is treating me like a baby treats a diaper.

• What year did you start playing? 2005 it seems
  • When was the last time you played? 2011(?)
  • What squad were you in? Susipartio, Lagus, Mercenaries, Zg76, (Blackhand with later account)
  • What side did you primarily play on? Axis with this one, all with the later

So liek, what's up..?

are you still having sex with Tempest?

S! all

Sluggo here, checking it out after a four year absence.

What year did you start playing?

Early 2002 IIRC

When was the last time you played?

Mid 2011 sounds about right

What squad were you in?

JOC for the first couple of years, then freelancer

What side did you primarily play on?

Started German, switched to Allied since JOC played mainly allied (and they were short staffed at the time). Finished playing primarily German because they were the side always seeming to need numbers then, but I played both just about equally at the end.

Thanks for the invite RATs. I'm looking forward to trying the game out again for a couple weeks. Had much fun, many late nights (and some minor marital problems over it, hehe) during those first 9 years. I often think about rejoining, but free time has not been plentiful the last few years, which is why I went inactive. And I recall this game can be a real time sink (in a good way that is :) ). Perhaps if I get back into it, I'll stick around as a casual player.

Looking forward to showing up on some kill lists.

Regards,

Sluggo

are you still having sex with Tempest?

Ofcourse, but it's getting a bit old.. care to join in?

How u been sweetums? :-)

Day 1 player here but under a different user name. Played mostly German and remember the fun we had when we could spawn anywhere. Take a town way behind enemy lines. Be part of a huge attack force with 50+ panzers, Stukas, 110s, 88s and steamroll the allies.

Of course the bugs such as the flaming feet, branches knocking over tanks, finding yourself floating in the clouds, and flying ships and so on. I was lucky on that patch that wiped your hard drive. I played on my work computer(System admin at the time) and didn't have time to download it the day it came out.

I left around 2007 the first time and came back around 2011. I didn't stay long as I didn't like the way the game was heading. Be nice to get my old account back if I stay since I had ranked up to a nice level.

• What year did you start playing?
  • When was the last time you played?
  • What squad were you in?
  • What side did you primarily play on?

Day 1 2001

Maybe 5 years since I played last?

31st Wrecking Crew all day!

German - don't insult me with such a question.

Man I loved the hell out of this game... even sitting on a hill on my 88 for hours doing nothing.

Day 1 2001

Man I loved the hell out of this game... even sitting on a hill on my 88 for hours doing nothing.

S! 31st!

Day 1 2001

S! 31st!

SteelyDan, My Man! Good to see you.....welcome back...enjoy the game!

What year did you start playing? 1999-2000 I actually read a vision statement for this game...couldn't believe they were really going to make this game...and flew down to Bedford, Texas and saw the RATS personally! incredible what they envisioned doing then and its incredible what they are still doing....Wow! its great to be back seeing the game.

When was the last time you played? 2009 ish (?)

What squad were you in? KGW and don't remember any others

What side did you primarily play on? Axis

!S all

SteelyDan Reporting as ordered.

Started Aug. 2010

(Currently on a extended break....)

Last played 2014?

Side played, Axis. Member of Blitzkader.

- Tried the game in 2002, started in 2003.

- Last played... 2009, maybe?

- The 1st Spanish Company

- Always Allied

Pre-ordered the game in 2001 with a friend from playing Microsoft Flight Sim. Always have been Allied.

Joined up with VFA-25 pretty quick and played a lot until about 2005. VFA-25 was a total riot - had a lot of fun with those guys (sw25th, cirrus, Apache, kc, bitechu, enfuego, Carson, waverip, ogrenutz, guitar, etc.). I can't remember the name of my second squad, but I remember d0c7 and Itza were in that squad. We had some bad ass ground pounding days, with armor columns of over 50 Soumas.

The past couple months I've played more than I ever have in the past 10 years. The game is pretty friggen good right now.

OT was always a good time, and the crap that spawned out of it was so funny. I remember getting everyone together playing The Sims Online when it was beta. Hilarious. Playing Red Faction, and Aces High.

My ONE question, though, is WHERE IS BILTON?

Edited by nautilus

^^ I remember meeting up with VFA-25 a bit, they were a good bunch. Didn't they fly french down south?

And another squad, 357th, or 352nd, something like that? They were good blokes too. Never really flew with a squad officially, mostly winged up with Slider, great times.

Pre-ordered the game in 2001 with a friend from playing Microsoft Flight Sim. Always have been Allied.

Joined up with VFA-25 pretty quick and played a lot until about 2005. VFA-25 was a total riot - had a lot of fun with those guys (sw25th, cirrus, Apache, kc, bitechu, enfuego, Carson, waverip, ogrenutz, guitar, etc.). I can't remember the name of my second squad, but I remember d0c7 and Itza were in that squad. We had some bad ass ground pounding days, with armor columns of over 50 Soumas.

The past couple months I've played more than I ever have in the past 10 years. The game is pretty friggen good right now.

OT was always a good time, and the crap that spawned out of it was so funny. I remember getting everyone together playing The Sims Online when it was beta. Hilarious. Playing Red Faction, and Aces High.

My ONE question, though, is WHERE IS BILTON?

Was pre order a thing back then? I remember a poster who worked at EB games or something posted pics the night before launch of the box his store received. And then having to drive to 3 different stores the day of launch to find a copy.

Pre.order would have been a good.option for me, if it existed

Pre-Order was around. I remember I reserved two copies and picked up day of launch. lost my second account around 2005 and have never been able to recover it. ah well.

S!

S!

Checking in to see what all the fuss is about. :)

I flew planes from 2004-2010. I stopped playing in 2010 because that was when the first kid came and the time to play games went out the window... :)

Flew in JG52, will check out the game again to see what's changed.

Edited by trx

S!

Checking in to see what all the fuss is about. :)

I flew planes from 2004-2010. I stopped playing in 2010 because that was when the first kid came and the time to play games went out the window... :)

Flew in JG52, will check out the game again to see what's changed.

cant even find my js' date='maybe that's a good thing,gday ol timers..[/quote']

zomg dudes.

Edited by sirkkeli