• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
XOOM

VETS: Check-in here

218 posts in this topic

S! And welcome back to all of our WWII Online veterans.

Please feel free to check-in here to see some familiar faces. If you're up for it, share a little bit of your story:

• What year did you start playing?
  • When was the last time you played?
  • What squad were you in?
  • What side did you primarily play on?

We're glad you decided to come back and play the game, we're having quite a big turn around year and hope you stay.

There's a special promotion offer for you all at http://wwiionline.com/account --> Special Offers.

Hi guys, and thank you RATS for the welcome back programme!

I Started out in 03-04 thanks to my brother vzed1

Think I was last subbed at the beginning of the year, cant remember now. Iv been on and off the past 4 years since my son was born.

I was a proud member of the Allied only 40Commando squad since 04. Unfortunately it looks like our time has finally come and we no longer exist :( gutted.

I'm glad to see the games still going. Its the precious memories that keep bringing me back!

If I could just offer some advice to the dev team. It only took a number of minutes back in the game to see some new bugs. i.e hits not bring visually registered even though at point blank range, and then all of a sudden the ei disappears. Iv seen this quite a bit in the few hours iv been on now. These are real game killers and should be your highest priorities IMO.

See you all in the land sea and skies!

S!

Hey, good timing on my part. Just went to the ol' wwiiol site to see what was going on and there's a Welcome Back event :)

Downloading on a whim.

Pretty much started within the first month or so of Day1 as I can remember

Many nights spent with the rest of Lafayette driving around in the back of a truck. Man, the novelty of online gaming could sure make-up for actual gameplay back then :)

Looking forward to see where the game has gone. Thanks for the opportunity to check it out again.

What year did you start playing?

When was the last time you played?

Properly in 2009

What squad were you in?

11th Hussars (still in)

What side did you primarily play on?

Allied

Knew the game like the back of my hand. At it's peak the Hussars would have 50 players online, 2003'ish.

OMG !!!

Started back in 01 with Empanada, man I remember most of you bastages!!

Been gone since 2007 though give or take a few months.

Who remembers Bluize? muahahaha I do.

I still remember the videos, my personal favorite top opel.

Re subbing, I had forgotten how much I loved the game. Not anymore all I needed was a good bomb run.

Now back to info:

started 2001

played mostly German side, flying bomb runs all the way England when aligning bombers and using the bomb sight was more intuitive. Yeah I would sit flying a bomber for up to 4 hours just to help attrition.

Still love bombing, just not taking long trips no more.

Launch 2001

12th SS (back when this was allowed)

Played for several years. Left because of changes to game. AI doesn't belong in this game IMO!!! Why does every MMOG tweak a game till its not fun anymore!!!!???

started in 2006 been playing on and off I always seem to come back lol :D

I joined the 54th\ltd and I have never played anything but allies :cool:

signed

54th\ltd Grears

Edited by grear

What year did you start playing? 2008

When was the last time you played? 2013

What squad were you in? Tercio Hispano

What side did you primarily play on? I have only played Axis

It is nice to be back but I start to feel how addictive this game was. :D

What year did you start playing?

2004 Oct

When was the last time you played?

What squad were you in?

1SC and 9Cia

What side did you primarily play on?

Allied

- What year did you start playing? I got an active account about 4 months after launch (so about Oct 2001) but I was following the game for three months before launch and remember sitting on the rat chat server as the game went live (who else remembers that night on the chat server?).

- When was the last time you played? I have always had at least one active account since I started and although I have not played much over the last couple of years I have continued to log on occasionally.

What squad were you in? ANZAC

What side did you primarily play on? Mainly Allied but I have spent some time playing Axis (I even have an Axis account) that I use when the Axis are having a bad stretch.

The chat was great. That day, someone kept typing the lyrics to bullet with butterfly wings in chat. Despite all my rage I'm just a rat in a cage. The chat was the best, need to bring it back

What year did you start playing? 2004

When was the last time you played? 2012?

What squad were you in? 4 Wing

What side did you primarily play on? Allied!

Horndog!!

Good to see you bud!

What year did you start playing? 2004

When was the last time you played? 2012?

What squad were you in? 4 Wing

What side did you primarily play on? Allied!

Hmm good to see so many that I have killed over the years coming back for more Deaths.

day one player

on an off since 2009

TIB the Iron Brotherhood aka 1st _ _ Panzer before we had to become PC

The name say's it all

Porsche

START DATE:

October 2001 (alt account)

LAST PLAYED:

Retired HC - Campaign 95 (alt account)

SIDE:

AXIS

REASON:

WWII Online may be a bit long in the tooth, but there's still nothing like it out there - even after 15 years.

It is true that playing AXIS can be profoundly challenging. If anything, it has spurred us to hone our tactics and strategy to a fine edge.

The challenge has brought out the best in a lot of people, and I am proud to be a part of that experience.

Edited by falken

RobSwede signing in!

Start date:

2001 (just a week) and then for real 2003. Played almost non-stop every day until 2010.

Side:

Axis - 31st WC

Allied - 169th War Dogs

Good memories:

Driving your tank for 3,5 real life hours with Dvdoc and the crew only to get obliterated within 5 minutes in a ambush upon arriving at the front. Or how me and nikita (also in the 31st) used to compete who was wwiionlines Top 1 AA gunner. We fought over that spot for over a year ... there were an allied AA gunner who used to snag that top spot from us from time to time.

Many fond memories ...

Edited by darklorden

S! all

Aug 2001

10+ years in Allied HC

1 stint GHC

Allied: 4RCA, White Falcons

Axis: Blitzkader

:D

Hello all, JakFrost here:

I'm back after about 3 years or so, I guess. I started playing in 2003, and after a few accounts, have played as JakFrost from 2005-20012. I ran with the Axis Iron Wolves for most of that, but then went free-lancer for greater independence, and the opportunity to use the Allied weaponry too.

I left the game because of bugs that didn't get fixed for several years at a time, and slow FPS even on my ultra-hot gaming rig computers. I don't really expect any of that to change, the game is still what it's always been, but I might re-up because the cost is cheap, and WWII Online is unique and fun. (Even if I do often call it "Driving 10 minutes to get killed by something unseen in one second.")

Salute to all!

JakFrost

lease feel free to check-in here to see some familiar faces. If you're up for it, share a little bit of your story:

• What year did you start playing?
  • When was the last time you played?
  • What squad were you in?
  • What side did you primarily play on?

Day 1, June 2001?

Play often only axis

VFA-25

Allied for 5 years, axis for the rest.