XOOM

VETS: Check-in here

218 posts in this topic

What year did you start playing?: 2001

When was the last time you played?: 2013ish

What squad were you in?: never really been in a squad

What side did you primarily play on?: allied

thanks for the fun weeks rats, game looks good. felt nice to take out my panny again. would join up again but your payment scheme is a bit whacked imo. 17 of my dollars per month is just TOO DAMN HIGH!!1!!

how much for just a panny account?

thanks for the fun weeks rats, game looks good. felt nice to take out my panny again. would join up again but your payment scheme is a bit whacked imo. 17 of my dollars per month is just TOO DAMN HIGH!!1!!

Because you live in America's hat. I pay 12.99 is real money

Started in 2001. Played several years and left in 2004. Played off and on during welcome back soldier events.

Was in GHC and a member of the 11th SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division Nordland

Back to playing Axis again

You should have a special offer as a WBS, look at your account again.

When was the last time you played?:2013 summer

What squad were you in?: 11th SS-Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier-Division Nordland back in the day 2001-02

What side did you primarily play on?:Axis

Gamename-dwayne now changed to-Palpatine

Played with welcome back during September/october and subbed for 3months,my Girlfriend joined also and enjoys playing.I do like the new auto rifle,and looking foward to the new Paratroop 42MG is this right?I had a fun time with my old squad,fun times every night we played,win or lose,just to name a few members i played with in squad-- dv33rg,keres,moggel,fixxer77,u1122,koeppen,heavymet.

Also found a Youtube Memory Vault vid,was surprised was on youtube,my name is in this video also :))

S!

I started playing sometime in 2009 and went by the name "redmenace".

I primarily played allied(but now I like to mix it up each campaign)and started off in BTZ along with my work colleague(eddie05) who introduced me to the game and for that I will be forever grateful to him.

I did take a break from the game for around 12 months but now I am back and don't intend leaving again any time in the near future.

Last night was the last time I logged in and I will be back in game again tonight, beers are at the ready :).

P.S Can I give a S! to a friend and fallen comrade who passed away a couple of months ago (biglezh), He will be sorely missed.

S! Lez

Edited by onceakgn

i started in 2001 also in Nordland. i just back on today, my original name was DasVader but i wasnt able to recoup my old account. :( and i went to the Dr. so it no longer burns when i pee. :) she was not a n ice person it turns out, 

Edited by dasvaderii
spelling error

What year did you start playing? - April 2002 if I remember correctly

When was the last time you played? - Today!

What squad were you in? - Very first squad was TOG (The Old Guard), then I believe I was a member of the 91st before joining the ranks of the DDz (The Dirty Dozenz), since then I formed the Australian and New Zealand Axis squad which grew really fast and did some good things in the first 6 months but unfortunately members left the game or moved on and now its just me :)

What side did you primarily play on? - I've always been mainly Axis, and used to shoot over the the Allies during intermissions and what not, or load up my Allied account and play that during campaigns which was rare.

Love the game, and the people that make it what it is, so many memories that it's hard to think of one that stands out... but probably the countless times that Katonka threw me off the back of an opel to my death :P

Day 1 player.

On Macintosh that is (did not have a PC that could run it), way, way back in September 2002.

Was Axis Officer for about 3 years, finished as the CinC and a victory (#53? close to it)

• What year did you start playing? (see above)
  • When was the last time you played? (yesterday  :) )
  • What squad were you in? (a few, first an ally squad for a few years, then Bose26, now 617)
  • What side did you primarily play on? (currently who ever is under pop!  hate spawn timers :P )
Edited by frantish

Hello gents Hyo here. Been a while since I've played due to health reasons. I will have to start back in slow as I suffered some issues that may require me to play very sparsely at first. I originally started as free guinea pig 6 months before we actually had to start paying then in June of 2001 it became official. Worked my way up to Brigadier General in 4 years Luftwaffe flying the Pig (BF-110) solely. Then ranks readjusted to where I think I was a Colonel or Lt. Colone. And flew for 13 years straight. Unfortunately due to a minor stroke that messed up my vision and a very bad fall down stairs I was wheelchair bound for a year and multiple surgeries later was semi put back together. Body but not mind.  Lol....well ill be in and out for a while.  Any way I have always tried to support this game, ( it's awesome with no other truly like it), even as a hero builder, on disability now limits what I can. Ill do my best to help. I'll check out the rides (air) and see what you all have written about them and maybe pop in from time to time to try one. I don't have Internet ($) so it will be when I can. Steal it or get the Gov to give me access or something.  Salute. Looking forward to seeing you guys in game. 

Salute Hyo.

6 minutes ago, hyoslvr said:

Double vision some times lol

"I endeavor to persevere"

Edited by hyoslvr
I repeated my self twice.
1 person likes this

Kidd27 Quick Bio 

Enlisted in June 2002.  Age 25.  5'9  140lbs. Single

2002-2005 Allied.-played plenty.

2006-Mom Passes away

2007-2008 Allied played plenty

2008- bought the 7 year Tshirt

2009- Met Wife

2010-Gold Builder

2010-Married

2010- Allied played plenty

2011-2012 honeymoon Age 35. 5'9 155lbs.

2012-2013 Allied-still playing.

2013- Joins Mod Team.

2014- Daughter Sydney born. (My Hero) Grandfather WWII Vet. Age 97 Passes. On the same day. May 16th. Married 72 years to wife Kathryn age 97.

2015- Full time, stay at home Daddy. Bi-weekly visits to Grandma, with Sydney. (who lives in the same home by herself, doing all her cooking/cleaning)

2015- Uncle passes away (grandmother Kathryn has now lost both her children and her Husband)

2015- I assume POA duties for future care of Nana.

2016- Grandma still lives independently at age 99. (unbelievable)

2016 Age 44 5'9 170lbs.

Look what this game has done to me im old and fat!!!

It'll get you too!!

One day you're lining up a bomb run, next thing you know its 15 years later.

<S> CRS

Kidd27

1 person likes this

Year 1 player here.  Got in early to ensure getting my old Airwarrior handle, but didn't start playing until October because I had to bring my rig up to spec.

Been a lonewolf until both my brothers got accounts, now we're our own squad (Volkssturm Geheimwaffe 13) with a couple of college buddies.

I think there might be a blip where I logged in as a beddy once for 10 seconds, but I've never played allied, not even intermission.

S!

S!! 

And Hello everyone!! Been a long time and I'm sure there's prolly only a few that remember me by now..

It's been a rough year but I still think of you bums from time to time!! So glad you're still around!!

So I figured I'd create you a lil holiday eye candy!! 

Enjoy!!

http://Tribute to WW2OL_1.jpg

Edited by alfawulf

Well considering that I started also in 2001 I'll consider myself a Vet too.

My originalhandle was Vonkraut but CRS censored it so for awhile I was ID1156 or something like that till they gave me (which I requested ) my  handle dre21

Squads . 502 Schwere Panzerabteilung  (german speaking squad ) , 3rd Panzer, Sturmgrenadier, 1st Fallschirmjäger with Xoom, Afrika Korps ,GAK and now 1st Jäger. There might be one or two I'm missing.

Last time played . Yesterday

Side . 90% Axis  with a here and there a dabble on the Allied side.

• What year did you start playing?                    2001 i think forums registered 2003
  • When was the last time you played ?             today
  • What squad were you in?                               1st squad was 91st then kgw then 23rd armoured then merged into AEF
  • What side did you primarily play on?             started on axis 11k+ kills now mainly allied 50k+ kills after cinc term possibly go axis for a while

6 hours ago, dre21 said:

Well considering that I started also in 2001 I'll consider myself a Vet too.

My originalhandle was Vonkraut but CRS censored it so for awhile I was ID1156 or something like that till they gave me (which I requested ) my  handle dre21

Squads . 502 Schwere Panzerabteilung  (german speaking squad ) , 3rd Panzer, Sturmgrenadier, 1st Fallschirmjäger with Xoom, Afrika Korps ,GAK and now 1st Jäger. There might be one or two I'm missing.

Last time played . Yesterday

Side . 90% Axis  with a here and there a dabble on the Allied side.

Ah the glory days :). 1st FJ is where the Allied POW video happened, hehe. 

S! 

I started back in March of 2002 and have been away for probably 5 years. I haven't been in game yet, but I'm really looking forward to that.

I mostly played Axis, but did play French about a year to prove a point (don't remember what that point was anymore).

I made a lot of good friends here, and am really looking forward to seeing everyone again in-game, and here in the forums.

It looks like a lot has changed in Rat land, I'd love a history lesson.

Rancmeat

Edited by rancmeat

What year did you start playing?

Nov 2001

When was the last time you played?

2010 Allied Country Commander

What squad were you in?

21st Black Ops 01-05

53rd Shadow Falcon Rangers 05-08

23rd Armored 08-10

What side did you primarily play on?

Allied

Joined up 2004

retired AEF CINC

my squad was BKB

I last played in 2015 but RL has been too busy - will try to get in game this spring.

love the game and the people :)

ltibbs

On 9/27/2015 at 8:28 PM, XOOM said:

• What year did you start playing?
  • When was the last time you played?
  • What squad were you in?
  • What side did you primarily play on?

This morning.

Lafayette/Band/Sealed Fates

Allied where all the cool kids hang out.

Awesome seeing these posts.......salute to hyosylvr (I still watch your vids) and to kidd27 and others who shared personal stuff about themselves and their lives. I'll do the same:

i first joined in spring 2002 as "yuba" and joined SG. Wow what a squad! Suppo, I remember you from that, also dre21. OJ was one of the finest tactical commanders this game ever saw. The 501st split off from SG, and I rolled with them for awhile, then decided to switch to allied, and changed game name to sideout.

joined BTZ somewhere along the line, then around 2010, since I mostly fly, created my own squad FFG, and started recruiting pilots and joined AHC in French Air Force. I was 2nd in command of FAF when Jimato was commander. FFG had some awesome pilots, Cnycttr, Jester, sirsnipy, Don Juan, li85, and creeden just to name a few. Played steadily until early 2012 then between poor computer and real life, I had to bail out. I've been back for six months or so with two new computers lol. I'm not in a squad because being newly back I like to go in between, tho with such a smaller player base, I'm doing it a campaign at a time.

personally, I'm an old fart. I'm 63 years old, and I work for the United States Navy based JAx Naval Air station, in Florida. Btw it was my wife who encouraged me to get back into the game, she said she knew how much I loved it and it made me happy. 

Im personally excited about the new rats and what they are doing. I wasn't disgruntled as a prior player although I did think the old team was arrogant and could care less what the player base thought. Xoom has brought transparency to this game which is the only game I have ever played, or am interested in playing.

hope to see some old players comeback........hmmm imagining cnycttr and Sirsnipy in a captured db7 flying Axis makes me smile

2 people like this