• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
XOOM

VETS: Check-in here

218 posts in this topic

S! Sideout.  I miss the SG days , Diddy Pgregory and of course OJ and multiple other players we don't see anymore. 

Edited by dre21

13 hours ago, Pittpete said:

OJ will be back as soon as the Brigade system is removed.

Really? Hmmmm that would be awesome rolling with him again. Yikes me back Axis in a reborn SG? Could be fun!

That might mean SG as a whole might make come back. I think a lot of players left cause being a Squad was almost useless. But I don't think I'll go back SG just because I'm not planning on joining the SG syndicate again and pay a monthly fee to be a member of it ,when WWIIONLINE is really the only game I play within the syndicate. 

Yeah your right I forgot about that piece.......see what old age does for ya?

1 person likes this

Started as soon as the open-beta for OS X was out, in August 2002. Had another account the first weeks.

Joined Kampfgruppe Wiking (KGW) in late August 2002.

After a longer break have I been playing over the Christmas/New Years holiday, will be online as soon as I got some free time. I always comes back.

I hang on the Axis side. It is better beer here, and I'm not so fond of tea with milk or warm beer. :lol:

On 28.9.2015 at 4:28 AM, XOOM said:

S! And welcome back to all of our WWII Online veterans.

Please feel free to check-in here to see some familiar faces. If you're up for it, share a little bit of your story:

• What year did you start playing?
  • When was the last time you played?
  • What squad were you in?
  • What side did you primarily play on?

We're glad you decided to come back and play the game, we're having quite a big turn around year and hope you stay.

There's a special promotion offer for you all at http://wwiionline.com/account --> Special Offers.

I started  at 2003.

Can't remember.

I haven't ever been a squad IIRC.

I started at axis side with the Finnish community and changed to allied about 10 years ago.

Day 1 Got game from friend for my b-day June 2001

last played a week ago on free acct

Been in 32nd, FF 85th fallschirmjeager, DAK Deutches Afrika Korps, currently in GAK Ghosts of Afrika Korps made after DAK dissolved. All great squads.

Always played Axis  played as schultz , schultz139 , maple , flong139 my current premium acct soon as get more money.

Hope see all on the front as flong139 soon S! all you flyin monkeys

Cant believe yall still above ground.    Jr member hahahahahhaha   apr2001 baby

Edited by phenom
lmao

1 hour ago, phenom said:

Cant believe yall still above ground.    Jr member hahahahahhaha   apr2001 baby

Lol here we go ...:D

Started in BETA when it came out. (BhigGuy).   Played Axis then.

Friend had a server in his house and we all brought our putters to his place to play. Squad action, yelling across the room, etc. was a blast. This is before TS.

Then life stepped in and was not in game for a few years.

Re-joined the game under ImDed , I think around 04-05 and have been in and out over the years.

It is the squad that brings me back. The comradeship, friends made, etc. Its not the game play that keeps me here.

Was in 12th Royals, Hussars, AEF, 101st, 2nd Rangers and I may have missed 1 or 2. I miss the old squads and the people I have met over the years.

Please bring back squad missions. Tired of people that come in our mission and give away the locations of the FRU/FMS by shooting soon as they come in or throwing smoke.

In my estimation, the squads are what keeps this game going. They need more power, game wise.

Bring back squad stuff and you will bring back more of the former players.

I am a proud OLDETIMER.

CRS, Thanks for putting herculean effort in upgrading this game!  <S>

star-trek-spock-salute-sublimated-pillow

Heya, ImDed!!!  S!  There will always be a spot on the Lancers' TS channel waiting for you.  Now, if we could get some of the other Lancers online to use it too.  *sigh*  :lol:

-Irish

2002, KGBB alongside CO0per, Sunbirn, Voidboy and others. Played for 3 years,then on and off for about 4 years.

KGBB a classic veteran squad.

Unfortubately both KGBB and the Beastie Boys are no longer :( 

Heya. I don't know if I count as Veteran. I played for a long time until some break. I occasionally logon now. 16th here.

Hi all

• What year did you start playing?

Cant really remember, might've been about 2005?

• When was the last time you played?

Regularly, about 2013ish. Came back 2 days ago and found out how hard this bloody game is, spent a few hours blundering about with no kills and not even any damage inflicted! :-)

• What squad were you in?

40 comm, played only for this squad and sorry to see they no longer exist. I remember spending hours sitting in a Beddy trundling to a factory in the rear only for the driver to crash and overturn it before we got there! Happy days.

I gradually moved to flying, but purely to support the squad missions. I got fairly good at dive bombing in a Havoc.

• What side did you primarily play on?

Always allied, I tried axis sometimes during intermission but didn't like it.

Played over the weekend. I had an account for over 10 years (at the very start, Mac Beta), stopped playing around the time we had kids. 

Was fun the last few days, but the things that annoyed me still annoy me. I think the capping system needs to be more of a zone of control that encourages players to take and hold territory. I hated then, and still hate, the sneaky capture mechanics. CQB is the very worst gameplay in the game, and it's also the most critical because of the cap mechanics. Basically, I have fun when there are enemies in front of me, someplace, but as soon as the town is the fight, it's usually a homogeneous mix of units of both sides.

Edited by tater