Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
caydel

Are the barracks gone, or is it because I am a cheap WBS returnee?

caydel

I've noticed that the Barracks are absent from my forum list.

Have they been removed, or am I restricted because I am not paid, but rather on a WBS?

XOOM

The safest way for us to give you free game access is to add on a 2 week free trial subscription, that avoids any unintentional charges if you had a valid billing subscription. That might be a little more than you need to know, but we're playing it safe, which is a good thing to know (I suppose) :).

I'll be putting a pretty sweet deal for folks who want to re-subscribe and help us accomplish that Roadmap plan / keep the game going, that will be done sometime today and visible in the http://wwiionline.com/account --> Special Offers area.

caydel
The safest way for us to give you free game access is to add on a 2 week free trial subscription, that avoids any unintentional charges if you had a valid billing subscription. That might be a little more than you need to know, but we're playing it safe, which is a good thing to know (I suppose) :).

I'll be putting a pretty sweet deal for folks who want to re-subscribe and help us accomplish that Roadmap plan / keep the game going, that will be done sometime today and visible in the http://wwiionline.com/account --> Special Offers area.

Ok, that explains it!

For what it's worth, I would love to be able to move an account down a subscription level as well as up. It would be nice if, once a sub expired, you could still play the same account at the F2P level under F2P restrictions. Or alternate between starter and full as needs and budget allow.

XOOM
Ok, that explains it!

For what it's worth, I would love to be able to move an account down a subscription level as well as up. It would be nice if, once a sub expired, you could still play the same account at the F2P level under F2P restrictions. Or alternate between starter and full as needs and budget allow.

Once you're a subscriber, there's no downgrading. That will screw up many things systematically including your historical stats data.

steelydan
Once you're a subscriber' date=' there's no downgrading. That will screw up many things systematically including your historical stats data.[/quote']

Aww! Xoom! That's cheating!

XOOM
Aww! Xoom! That's cheating!

No that's an old clunky system we're trying to improve on :).

frogdeth
I've noticed that the Barracks are absent from my forum list.

Have they been removed, or am I restricted because I am not paid, but rather on a WBS?

Non-corporate-weasle-speak answer: The latter.

XOOM

And the offer page is updated, enjoy. S!

Sign in to follow this