• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie3

beta?

8 posts in this topic

when i was logging in last night i noticed something i had not seen for awhile and since i use the forums often and had not read anything about this, i wanted to ask a rat

if this is old you have my permission to promote me to mod so i can ban silky

there appeared to be a choice to either login to the regular server or to the beta server

is that beta to test the steam patch with the new weapons?

when i was logging in last night i noticed something i had not seen for awhile and since i use the forums often and had not read anything about this, i wanted to ask a rat

if this is old you have my permission to promote me to mod so i can ban silky

there appeared to be a choice to either login to the regular server or to the beta server

is that beta to test the steam patch with the new weapons?

Nuke it from orbit to be sure

BETA is being configured to start testing 1.34.12, which includes the new Gewehr 41, Mas40 and Lee-Enfield bolt cycling updates. This will also include the latest speed increases to the naval vessels and some other fixes we needed to correct from our last update (dated texture files for some vehicles, etc).

All signs of game development happening :).

BETA is being configured to start testing 1.34.12, which includes the new Gewehr 41, Mas40 and Lee-Enfield bolt cycling updates. This will also include the latest speed increases to the naval vessels and some other fixes we needed to correct from our last update (dated texture files for some vehicles, etc).

Why the G41!?!?!?!?!??!?! God damn finklestein **** kid!

Mas 40?!

Total production was only about 50. What happens when the first 50 french with this rifle die? :)

when this map gets finished, you oughta test the beta with a scenario involving the navy

i'm not sure how many italians fought in the zeelands though

a d-day scenario on the beta server is an idea you can run with :D

Mas 40?!

Total production was only about 50. What happens when the first 50 french with this rifle die? :)

I know you're probably joking, but they're in with the same rationale as the H81.

I know you're probably joking' date=' but they're in with the same rationale as the H81.[/quote']

I was not kidding about the number made.

http://www.virdea.net/french/mas-auto.html

The FSE MAS Mle 1940 was only produced in very small numbers before the war overtook production, none of which reached the troops. Instead in the twilight world of the fall of France and the formation of the Vichy government the newly made weapons and a huge stock of prototypes was simply locked away. The German authorities took the chance to look through the entire armory including examining MAS semi-automatic prototypes, but the Germans were not yet convinced of the need for an autoloading rifle design and did not attempt to put the French weapon into service. Despite tooling to start production of thousands of rifles a month, the MAS armory was idled by German authorities except for the slow production of MAS Mle1936 rifles (called the GEW 242(f) by the Germans) for local defense.

The MAS Mle 1940 would have been a classic rifle to rival the Garand if it had been adopted in any quantity. The weapon was extremely reliable, experiences fewer than 5 stoppages in a thousand rounds (which rivals bolt actions rifles) and could sustain nearly twice the rate of fire of the contemporary MAS Mle1936. It had two significant advantages over the Garand and later German autoloading rifles: it was extremely simple to clean and maintain, and its magazine could be topped off during lulls of close combat. The MAS Mle 1940, because it was designed in tandem with the Mle 1936, shared many parts with that rifle to save money. Stocks and hardware were nearly identical and used the same manufacturing tools. The entire magazine element was the same with interchangeable floorplates, springs, and followers. The Mle 1940 used the same bayonet as the Mle 1936 and even the stacking hooks were identical..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0