Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guernica

Old head here, wondering whats different...

25 posts in this topic

Hey BE Community, Guernica here. Always been fascinated with the whole concept that WW2OL has revolved around, and was a long time player for years and years. I started in 2004 (back in the days of un-enterable forests and 2d trees). The last time I played regularly was before US forces arrived. However, during the few times that Ive logged on during special events, I haven't really seen any change in the game...in YEARS. Other than the introduction of US forces (which really dont offer much diversity from the lend-lease French forces), I fail to see any headway gained in the last 2 or 3 YEARS, and thats very troubling to me.

Devs seem to be more focused on revamping small things, like weapon textures/skins/whatever instead of furthering the game.

If I'm going to want to get back into the game, its going to require new content, new units, new ideas, new stuff constantly. I dont want to play the same exact game that I played in 2010. Its 5 years later, lets get with the times Rats.

I came back from a bit of a hiatus as well. And while the game has not undergone radical changes, some smaller changes have made the difference in my mind.

The US units are a nice add and they enter during a later tier.

But one thing I have seen is much more attention to supply, both in terms of supply in the brigades and also resupply timers. And the new regime at CRS seem to be watching this very carefully. And I am glad they are because it makes a big difference when attrition matters. I think it makes for better fights all around because you are not running endless amounts of top tier supply. There are more nail biters and the battles complete faster so you can generally expect a final disposition on a battle in a couple hours or less.

Give it a spin!

You can start getting with the times by not using tripod.

Is this really how the community is now? Oh please forgive me for not remembering wth was in my forum signature 5 years ago

Don't mind the trolls :), welcome back!

Below is what i posted in another thread.

S!

They've had a very rough patch that they have pulled through with the help of this awesome community :). Things are looking ALOT brighter now, and the aim is to launch on steam in the near future.

Introduced 2012

* Americans

* Bazooka / PZ Schreck

* Semi Autos

In January 17 2015 they released this patch (1.34.10).

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/10-production-notes/14709-13410-game-update-live

In July the 31st they announced their roadmap

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/17-development-notes/15162-wwii-online-development-roadmap

September the 5th they released their next patch (1.34.11).

http://snipets.net/WWIIOnLine/Readme_1.34

Patch 1.34.12 should perhaps be coming out before the end of this year as well.

S!

What did I miss?

2007 was my last visit.

you missed 8 years...

approximately...

To answer this question without typing out a book.

While I understand your point on the last 2-3 years. You have to remember that almost all of the CRS team is new within the last 8 months.

In that time we have patched the Host (Server) Had not been done in 3 years. We have released a patch 1.34.11. We have released a Mac client for the first time in a long time. We are close to launching another patch which will bring in some new equipment (1.34.12). We have put out a roadmap to where we are going. We are listening to the players and communicating with them. We have spent time redoing the infrastructure and updating it to provide a better experience.

So as you can see in short period of time we have accomplished a lot and are just getting this moving full steam ahead!

We hope you come back and support this awesome community and enjoy the progress being made!

S!

Wasn't there talk of a new game engine at one time?

And Capital ships, Afrika Korps (remember the teaser video) and so on... There is always time once the bread is found.

Wasn't there talk of a new game engine at one time?

And Capital ships, Afrika Korps (remember the teaser video) and so on... There is always time once the bread is found.

fEPW-LUSaxs

Mañana lunes, al inicio de la #118, meten dos armas nuevas de infantería de Tier0. Rifle francés MAS40, alemán G41 y le meten mayor frecuencia de disparo al Enfield inglés.

El equipo de desarrollo es nuevo. Llevan apenas 4-5 meses trabajando. Han parcheado el juego en este tiempo más que en los últimos 4 años.

La 1.35 la prometen también para dentro de pocos meses más otras muchas otras cosas.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/17-development-notes/15162-wwii-online-development-roadmap

No seas tan exquisito y nos vemos en el campo. ;)

Did you know that your subscription is more important today than ever before? Every subscription is the only reason this company remains here today? As pointed out somewhat here and in other posts. Yesterday XOOM broke into the regular programing of intermission and held a Major Navy Event ( Over 100 + boats), and then after there was a Spa Bedford/Opel race. After he talked on TS about the game of today, their team, and the future plans. Very educational. He said to spread the word.

So the word is "Future is Bright"!

So it is three words.

A while back the investors pulled out, the company went down to very little employees. Over some time it was left to the CEO, Bloo, and XOOM. Not much of a team, but outstanding people who held everything together. Since that time they had to make major changes to everything within the company. They had to utilize community fund raising events to get money to expand the company's ability to move forward. Thanks to the outstanding community they were able to pull through.

Make no mistake about it. This game is only here due to this community and the company's employee]s dedication. While the old team is gone, they have a new team that is fully staffed and able to move us all forward. They published their roadmap, and I believe that this team has the ability to not only accomplish that roadmap, but go above it.

Since the new team formed, they had to review the game coding, figure it all out, and now are moving forward.

While this is negative for looking to the past, looking ahead I am excited about the future. Look over this last weekend and the intermission. If you played, you could see all the Rats being killed. They play this game. The team came from the community. They are out to make this game successful to the standard of the dream of this game that many of us share.

We as a whole, from the Rats to us, the community, must form a bond to help this happen. As a community member, it is important to realize that the future depends on each of us. Not one community member is not appreciated. Everyone is needed to stand up to the challenge of keeping an active subscription. XOOM has presented the returning vets a outstanding subscription offer that is in their account. This subscription is one that not only cheaper than watching one movie a month (with ticket, popcorn, and drink), but it is one that will allow the community to not only fund the company, but allow them to expand the company.

Looking back through the history of this game, there are times that many wanted to give up. Be it a bug, map issues, supply issues, whatever, and the community and the company pulled through to brighter days. This game should of been dead day one, but due to the help of the community and the company's dedication it has made it this far.

Only we can dictate what happens from here. Yes, someone may not like the game today as it stands, or might find it upsetting for some reason, but this game evolves. I have never asked anything from this community, and I might not have the right, but I am asking you and everyone else, make a pledge today to stand up with the Rats and commit to one year of subscription. I pledge that I will be here, and that I will make a stand along your side. I will go out of my way to invite people to join this fight for survival. I have already staked out the computer game sections in the stores here and told people about this game. I have brought in several on a second account I have and given them the low down. Through this effort I have won three new subscriptions.

I know that I have not been here over the past few years, and for that I am sorry. I regret it today. I am here today to pledge my 100% support to you and the community for the year ahead. I will do my part, and I hope that you will do your part in helping us all see the glory of what the future will bring!

OMG! I wrote another book, but this post might be my most important post to date. I hope that I did not say too much, if I did, I am sorry. I am dedicated to this fight.

Do not let the past bring you down. It really can if you let it. Let the knowledge of knowing that CRS is sustained by your support right now. They are rock solid with a great team. I am excited about the future, and I hope you can help expand their ability through supporting them with the low price of a subscription.

I have learned that everyone here is a fighter, and now we have something to fight as one for. The Rats are doing their part and now I will help by doing my part. I look forward to fighting beside everyone of you for the future of this game.

Its 5 years later' date=' lets get with the times Rats.[/quote']

One thing has changed in the last 5 years Guernica! I'm back. 8)

One thing has changed in the last 5 years Guernica! I'm back. 8)

No way!

No way!

Yes way! :)

Hilarious part is, I subbed up my towing account and two days later they announced WBS!

(Kept wdwm account active last couple of years to "help" in a small way.)

Oh, and yes, I'm desperately trying to get alliance and Borg back as well!

Did you know that your subscription is more important today than ever before? Every subscription is the only reason this company remains here today? As pointed out somewhat here and in other posts. Yesterday XOOM broke into the regular programing of intermission and held a Major Navy Event ( Over 100 + boats), and then after there was a Spa Bedford/Opel race. After he talked on TS about the game of today, their team, and the future plans. Very educational. He said to spread the word.

So the word is "Future is Bright"!

So it is three words.

A while back the investors pulled out, the company went down to very little employees. Over some time it was left to the CEO, Bloo, and XOOM. Not much of a team, but outstanding people who held everything together. Since that time they had to make major changes to everything within the company. They had to utilize community fund raising events to get money to expand the company's ability to move forward. Thanks to the outstanding community they were able to pull through.

Make no mistake about it. This game is only here due to this community and the company's employee]s dedication. While the old team is gone, they have a new team that is fully staffed and able to move us all forward. They published their roadmap, and I believe that this team has the ability to not only accomplish that roadmap, but go above it.

Since the new team formed, they had to review the game coding, figure it all out, and now are moving forward.

While this is negative for looking to the past, looking ahead I am excited about the future. Look over this last weekend and the intermission. If you played, you could see all the Rats being killed. They play this game. The team came from the community. They are out to make this game successful to the standard of the dream of this game that many of us share.

We as a whole, from the Rats to us, the community, must form a bond to help this happen. As a community member, it is important to realize that the future depends on each of us. Not one community member is not appreciated. Everyone is needed to stand up to the challenge of keeping an active subscription. XOOM has presented the returning vets a outstanding subscription offer that is in their account. This subscription is one that not only cheaper than watching one movie a month (with ticket, popcorn, and drink), but it is one that will allow the community to not only fund the company, but allow them to expand the company.

Looking back through the history of this game, there are times that many wanted to give up. Be it a bug, map issues, supply issues, whatever, and the community and the company pulled through to brighter days. This game should of been dead day one, but due to the help of the community and the company's dedication it has made it this far.

Only we can dictate what happens from here. Yes, someone may not like the game today as it stands, or might find it upsetting for some reason, but this game evolves. I have never asked anything from this community, and I might not have the right, but I am asking you and everyone else, make a pledge today to stand up with the Rats and commit to one year of subscription. I pledge that I will be here, and that I will make a stand along your side. I will go out of my way to invite people to join this fight for survival. I have already staked out the computer game sections in the stores here and told people about this game. I have brought in several on a second account I have and given them the low down. Through this effort I have won three new subscriptions.

I know that I have not been here over the past few years, and for that I am sorry. I regret it today. I am here today to pledge my 100% support to you and the community for the year ahead. I will do my part, and I hope that you will do your part in helping us all see the glory of what the future will bring!

OMG! I wrote another book, but this post might be my most important post to date. I hope that I did not say too much, if I did, I am sorry. I am dedicated to this fight.

Do not let the past bring you down. It really can if you let it. Let the knowledge of knowing that CRS is sustained by your support right now. They are rock solid with a great team. I am excited about the future, and I hope you can help expand their ability through supporting them with the low price of a subscription.

I have learned that everyone here is a fighter, and now we have something to fight as one for. The Rats are doing their part and now I will help by doing my part. I look forward to fighting beside everyone of you for the future of this game.

I had no idea things had gotten so grim. Makes me wish I had come back sooner, but...Life and all.

I do intend to re-up, and will be watching the game closer should I need to cancel for a while again.

Yes way! :)

Hilarious part is, I subbed up my towing account and two days later they announced WBS!

(Kept wdwm account active last couple of years to "help" in a small way.)

Oh, and yes, I'm desperately trying to get alliance and Borg back as well!

Oh

meh

gawd.

Gee Old,

I think the difference between the old WIIO and this current WWIIO is all graphics.

The interface.

The Owners must working on graphic gliches first.

I like to think they have it all finished already too.

I hear they are adding some sort of customization to it that will let us stay out all WIIOnIGHT

I hear they are adding some sort of customization to it that will let us stay out all WIIOnIGHT

Eh? The game campaign once started is 24x7 single 'server' persistent, with 1-2 maintenance drops during the week.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0