Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sluggo

My Welcome Back Soldier (WBS) Experience

15 posts in this topic

So far, my WBS experience has been:

- Americans: They were a tech research option for the French, glad to see they got added as a force of their own. Liked

- Entrenchment: Nice infantry feature, and since I'm a mostly infantry player. Liked.

- Infantry AT weapons: Bazooka, PIAT and Panzerschrek, again a nice addition for the Infantry player. REALLY Liked

- Population: Seemed low, but not that much lower than when I unsubbed. Not sure how i feel about that, coming from a generation where we stressed server limits to frustration level, its refreshing to know you have a chance on either side. Undecided

- Teamwork: One of the first missions I played with was two players that didn't say a word, but the whole time we leap-frogged the streets of Mast, clearing buildings and recapping CPs. This games current design still inherently supports teamwork, as did it's previous iterations. Liked

- Development efforts: Since I unsubbed, not a lot has changed. I read one other post to this point, and honestly I'm not sure how to feel. On one hand I was hoping for more in almost four years, on the other it was comfortingly familiar as a returning player. Undecided

- Got to see a lot of familar faces, including BADGER, CiC extraordinaire. Road a truck to battle with him, ah the good old days. Liked!

- Italians on the road map: If this is a joke, oh well. But honestly, they deserve a spot on this map just as much as the Americans. If anything, they would have entered first. And frankly, while I know they historically were not the strongest force they have some really interesting hardware to offer (Semovente, Carro Armato M15/42, Breda Ba.201, etc.). If it is true, STRONLY like, if NOT, STRONGLY...well...guess I'll still play :)

After receiving a very aggressive offer for resubbing, I've decided to give WWII Online (it will never be Battlefield Europe to me, just as the Los Angeles Raiders never existed :)) another try. Something was missing from my gaming experience and I couldn't put my finger on it until this WBS offer. It turns out playing with total strangers, in a teamwork environment, on a HUGE arse map was the missing key.

Congrats RATs, you've regained at least one old soldier :) Hoping to see some other old faces I've run into stick around as well. Maybe we can bring back the glory days, at very least we can see the game to it's finish.

S!

Sluggo

Congrats RATs, you've regained at least one old soldier :) Hoping to see some other old faces I've run into stick around as well. Maybe we can bring back the glory days, at very least we can see the game to it's finish.

S!

Sluggo

S! Sluggo,

Was great to see you in the game. I too am returning and now I can not believe I left. I missed it for a while now, and I am here to stay a bit. I have really enjoyed the hell out of the game the last week and looking forward to seeing what the future will bring. Glad to hear you are sticking around too. I would love to see more of the old school guys and gals come back.

Be great if each player would bring in 5 old timers or new players. If everyone did that we would be able to improve the game play for everyone. 5 people is not very many people if you look at one person bringing in those 5, but even if only 100 people did it, that would be 500 more targets.

Maybe the Rats can even do a promotion for it. Somehow track who referred who and if they bring in 5 they get XXX, and if they bring in 10, they would get XXX2.

The other day I had to go buy a new joystick. I was checking out at best buy and got into a conversation about games with the clerk. She mentioned her boyfriend used to play this game. I told who I was and she gave me his call sign, and through that conversation he came back into the game. I saw his name in the game tonight. Word of mouth is powerful. I know in my businesses we used it all the time. Best advertisement you can buy and usually the cheapest.

Edited by BADGER

S! Sluggo,

Be great if each player would bring in 5 old timers or new players. If everyone did that we would be able to improve the game play for everyone. 5 people is not very many people if you look at one person bringing in those 5, but even if only 100 people did it, that would be 500 more targets.

Well, I have at least one I can bring back with me. My oldest son, who I discussed I'd likely be starting WWII Online up again. He told me "You should, that's the game that got me into online gaming, I had so much fun with you guys and it was a great game." This was him recalling using my second towing\transport account, while I was with JOC.

Funny thing is, he's getting his IT/game designer degree this year :) And he's an avid gamer of all genres, that still has fond memories of this game.

So yeah, I'm going to try to bring him back into the fold with me. Even if I wind up paying the account, which I probably will since he's planning on study abroad next year :) It'll be a good way for us to keep in touch. And he'll be one more target as you put it, heh.

Who knows, maybe he'll be a RAT one day. If not, then he'll bring lessons learned to what other gaming company he winds up working at.

Was good seeing and playing with you the other night.

S!

Sluggo

Well, I'm still a relative nOoB around here, but I'm bringing in one...my 12 year old son. Only a FtP account, at least for the moment. We'll see, later on. I'll be getting him trained up and on TS very soon.

I figure he has to learn all those nasty words sometime. :rolleyes:

-Irish

We are glad you are back! Thanks for the feedback it really means a lot to us that you took the time to give the game another chance and are coming back to support it. We hope that you enjoy that as a team we are trying to be more transparent with what is happening!

I had to give up this game to save money long ago, not sure why I never came back :(. I would also like to say that the offer has me wanting to come back, and plan to resub on my next paycheck. The offer isn't going to expire soon is it?

I had to give up this game to save money long ago' date=' not sure why I never came back :(. I would also like to say that the offer has me wanting to come back, and plan to resub on my next paycheck. The offer isn't going to expire soon is it?[/quote']

Yeah, same question here. That special on the Premium membership is very tempting, but finances are tight for a bit yet. Rats, how long will it be going on, if I may ask?

-Irish

I am also a WBS "veteran" retourning. The reason I unsubed some years ago was that this game was so dammed adictive I was neglecting some other important things in my life.

But here I am, enjoying it as if I have never "retired".

After all this years I was expecting much more significatives changes on the game but I have to say I feel as if I have never been away hehe.

I was hoping to find some "love for the navy" in the form of a Schnell Boat / Patrol Torpedo Boat as it was mentioned some years ago.

And I have to say I do not like the Panzer IVG cammo. really ugly.

But besides this, I love the game and I will get a premium subscription to keep on fighting and playing.

It is nice to be back :cool:

Returning vets should join a squad that fits their playstyle and maybe gives them that old feeling they had before they left....hotdrops/armor columns we still do alot of that stuff

I might have to make a comeback also.

Missed playing the game. not sure how much time I can put in but definitely fun to get back out there.

I am also a WBS "veteran" retourning. The reason I unsubed some years ago was that this game was so dammed adictive I was neglecting some other important things in my life.

But here I am, enjoying it as if I have never "retired".

After all this years I was expecting much more significatives changes on the game but I have to say I feel as if I have never been away hehe.

I was hoping to find some "love for the navy" in the form of a Schnell Boat / Patrol Torpedo Boat as it was mentioned some years ago.

And I have to say I do not like the Panzer IVG cammo. really ugly.

But besides this, I love the game and I will get a premium subscription to keep on fighting and playing.

It is nice to be back :cool:

S! Stay tuned for the navy stuff. We do have it on our list and have been looking into issues that have been around for awhile with the navy. We are working hard to correct them! Glad to have you back see you on the battlefield soldier!

S! Stay tuned for the navy stuff. We do have it on our list and have been looking into issues that have been around for awhile with the navy. We are working hard to correct them! Glad to have you back see you on the battlefield soldier!

And the ju88. That's on your soon list too.

...WWII Online (it will never be Battlefield Europe to me....

A million times THIS!

CRS, can we go back to calling it WWII Online please?

Good point Sluggo, S!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0