Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

badger

My Pledge to you

badger

I posted this in another thread, but decided I would post it here. Again, I hope I did not go to far, but I felt that now was the time to stand up and help in the only way I know, open my mouth and type.

Did you know that your subscription is more important today than ever before? Every subscription is the only reason this company remains here today? As pointed out somewhat here and in other posts. Yesterday XOOM broke into the regular programing of intermission and held a Major Navy Event ( Over 100 + boats), and then after there was a Spa Bedford/Opel race. After he talked on TS about the game of today, their team, and the future plans. Very educational. He said to spread the word.

So the word is "Future is Bright"!

So it is three words.

A while back the investors pulled out, the company went down to very little employees. Over some time it was left to the CEO, BLOO, DOC, GOPHUR, and XOOM. Not much of a team, but outstanding people who held everything together. Since that time they had to make major changes to everything within the company. They had to utilize community fund raising events to get money to expand the company's ability to move forward. Thanks to the outstanding community they were able to pull through.

Make no mistake about it. This game is only here due to this community and the company's employee's dedication. While the old team is gone, they have a new team that is fully staffed and able to move us all forward. They published their roadmap, and I believe that this team has the ability to not only accomplish that roadmap, but go above it.

Since the new team formed, they had to review the game coding, figure it all out, and now are moving forward.

While this is negative for looking to the past, looking ahead I am excited about the future. Look over this last weekend and the intermission. If you played, you could see all the Rats being killed. They play this game. The team came from the community. They are out to make this game successful to the standard of the dream of this game that many of us share.

We as a whole, from the Rats to us, the community, must form a bond to help this happen. As a community member, it is important to realize that the future depends on each of us. Not one community member is not appreciated. Everyone is needed to stand up to the challenge of keeping an active subscription. XOOM has presented the returning vets a outstanding subscription offer that is in their account. This subscription is one that not only cheaper than watching one movie a month (with ticket, popcorn, and drink), but it is one that will allow the community to not only fund the company, but allow them to expand the company.

Looking back through the history of this game, there are times that many wanted to give up. Be it a bug, map issues, supply issues, whatever, and the community and the company pulled through to brighter days. This game should of been dead day one, but due to the help of the community and the company's dedication it has made it this far.

Only we can dictate what happens from here. Yes, someone may not like the game today as it stands, or might find it upsetting for some reason, but this game evolves. I have never asked anything from this community, and I might not have the right, but I am asking you and everyone else, make a pledge today to stand up with the Rats and commit to one year of subscription. I pledge that I will be here, and that I will make a stand along your side. I will go out of my way to invite people to join this fight for survival. I have already staked out the computer game sections in the stores here and told people about this game. I have brought in several on a second account I have and given them the low down. Through this effort I have won three new subscriptions.

I know that I have not been here over the past few years, and for that I am sorry. I regret it today. I am here today to pledge my 100% support to you and the community for the year ahead. I will do my part, and I hope that you will do your part in helping us all see the glory of what the future will bring!

OMG! I wrote another book, but this post might be my most important post to date. I hope that I did not say too much, if I did, I am sorry. I am dedicated to this fight.

Do not let the past bring you down. It really can if you let it. Let the knowledge of knowing that CRS is sustained by your support right now. They are rock solid with a great team. I am excited about the future, and I hope you can help expand their ability through supporting them with the low price of a subscription.

I have learned that everyone here is a fighter, and now we have something to fight as one for. The Rats are doing their part and now I will help by doing my part. I look forward to fighting beside everyone of you for the future of this game and for years to come.

I also want to make clear, the old Team did an outstanding job. Without their dedication for over a decade, we would not have the game today.

The community has always been the success story to me. Through thick and thin the community has been here. Today we can not only help with the future as it stands today, but add to it by having returning vets resub today. We can also invite more new folks to take part in this historic game and the future.

Edited by BADGER
  • Like 1

badger
you get killed more than I do.

I suck as a player :-) But I have fun doing it!

I think most axis players owe their rank promotions to me. I do my part in helping them increase their stats. I also apologize to everyone for the spam from system messages over my deaths this weekend. I am trying to keep it at a minimal but the Axis are not helping :-)

Edited by BADGER

Lob12

Great post badger.

I've already decided a while back that I will remain subscribed until the lights go out.

I'm hoping for another 10 years at least.

badger
Great post badger.

I've already decided a while back that I will remain subscribed until the lights go out.

I have followed you into combat this last week, and I will continue to do so. Leaders like you and the others have made this past week awesome and helped me regret my decision to leave. Still kick myself for taking the job over this game :-(. I guess most bridges do not have high speed internet for those who live under them.

Zeppelin
Great post badger.

Sure sure, comandt

Fohdron

Beautiful post man! Here is to many more years of fun and friendships!

Boudreau

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! RESTORE badger's NAME TO CAPITAL LETTERS!!

DAMN IT, NO ONE DESERVES IT MORE!! :mad:

Zeppelin
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! RESTORE badger's NAME TO CAPITAL LETTERS!!

DAMN IT, NO ONE DESERVES IT MORE!! :mad:

Indeed.

If we can get the old rats to sub, that would be epic. Hatch, corn, ramp, killer etc. Maybe they already do...

badger

So today is the last day for the welcome back program. I have seen many old friends the last couple of weeks, and it is my hopes that each of you will continue the fight on the battlefield along our side. I have seen some major battles on the field during this program and have had a blast fighting to push the map for my team. If you have not redone your subscription, I ask that you do it now. Together we can help this game continue on and the development team can continue to make this game better for us all.

br1000
So today is the last day for the welcome back program. I have seen many old friends the last couple of weeks' date=' and it is my hopes that each of you will continue the fight on the battlefield along our side. I have seen some major battles on the field during this program and have had a blast fighting to push the map for my team. If you have not redone your subscription, I ask that you do it now. Together we can help this game continue on and the development team can continue to make this game better for us all.[/quote']

the work of rats is great, no doubt..

but unfortunately some changes in the game are taking the emotion.

I was premium for more than 10 years...

coastal

Great Post badger!

When I read about the vision of this game back in 1999, I made arrangements to fly down and visit the RATS in Bedford, Texas! I saw that they had THE vision and the resources to produce a WWII themed MMPOG that was unrivaled on the market. It is still unrivaled today!

All companies and products go thru growth and stasis cycles....a bunch of us made sure that we got the first 14 or so years and survived. I also am looking forward to the next 10 or more years...and I also won't be leaving unless they turn out the lights!

Give yourself a gift today! Become a WWIIOnline Hero:

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/25-promotions-a-offers/12591-looking-for-qherosq

Coastal

badger
When I read about the vision of this game back in 1999, I made arrangements to fly down and visit the RATS in Bedford, Texas! I saw that they had THE vision and the resources to produce a WWII themed MMPOG that was unrivaled on the market. It is still unrivaled today!

Coastal

I do not know if I ever told the story on how I found out about this game and how it went from there.

Many moons ago I was a partner in some gaming web sites. One was centered around Delta Force from Novalogic. One day I was reading the forums on that site and some weird dude posted something about some game. It told about how it would center around World War II and that everything in it would be player operated. The post was probably a paragraph long, but man did it sound good. I also owned another website that covered all games. I decided that it would be interesting to find out about this game. Oh, that weird guy was Hatch. The next morning I called and talked with Hatch, and I will tell you, right then and there I fell in love with the concept. I could of assigned another writer to the game, but I was more interested in my own gaming than writing about it. So I made the appointment to go the next Morning to Bedford, TX. When I arrived, I was greeted by the receptionist, and she got Hatch for me. The Rats were excited that day, it was about to be a milestone for them. That day was the day that infantry was introduced to the game world. I remember there was a truck, two buildings (think one was allied and one was axis but long time ago). They had some planes in the world, and Fryingtiger (think I remember his name right) was working on the spitfire. The artwork was amazing per the detail that they had in at that time. Things moved and you pushed keys, which back then it was not something that happened.

I pushed them out of the way and got to run the infantry man around the field for a minute, then they took the controls away from me. We then went into the board room and met with Rafter, Hatch, and Mo. We discussed the concept of the game, from the timeline to the High Command and how players would work their way up. They showed me some other things that are now things I can not tell since at that point things went top secret. We started to discuss the vision of playnet. This also excited me. From what they were talking about I started to see a future for me with the game. A couple of months later, my partners and I went to meet with them on Affiliating our sites with playnet.

After a couple of visits, and getting to play with the toys, I then became a fan boy and my ability to judge any other game went down the tube. I had been brain washed and I could only write about WWIIOL. No other game could do the things that this game promised, and no other company was even thinking about such a big scale operation.

A while went by, and the beta testing started. I patiently waited by my email account. "Soon," I could not take it anymore, so I called up and asked. "Oh I thought you were already in," guess that means the invitation was in the mail.

When I got into beta, there was three towns I think. Anhee, Dinant, and Ciney. Dinant had a hill, not the mountain it has today, and the only thing to hide infantry behind was the buildings. The fields were flat and the forest that are in the game today were odd shaped blocks that looked like trees.

Looking back at the history of this game, I can only say how amazing it is still here. Most companies can not survive with just one product. Most companies would of not made it past the release. Most companies would not have made it past the early days of this game, or the years after. One thing can be said about this company is that they are made up of one of a kind folks. They involvement in the community was one thing I liked about them. The other games that I was in, their developers hid and never played the game with players. Through the history of the game, we have seen Rats come and Rats go. Some of them are my good friends and I do miss them, but with all that behind us, I am excited about the future of this game with the team that is currently working on the game. They had some big shoes to fill and I believe that the team has filled them fine. It sounds like the new team needed some time to get the feel of the coding for this monster we call a game, and that we love, but sounds like that got their footing now and are about to continue to do amazing things that this game is famous for.

Can not mention the history of the game without bringing up one hell of a community. If you search the net for stories on this game, the majority of them mention that the game is here today due to, "The extremely loyal fan base," as one article I read yesterday stated. I have made many friends here, and I have watched as the community celebrate good things, and came together as some members passed away. To me this community is one of a kind, and I am proud to be part of it.

odonovan1

Well, the Rats got me. Although I can't be a Hero, at least I upgraded to one of the special rate Premium accounts.

Badger, I'll be competing with you for the worst KDR, btw. ;)

-Irish

badger
Well, the Rats got me. Although I can't be a Hero, at least I upgraded to one of the special rate Premium accounts.

Badger, I'll be competing with you for the worst KDR, btw. ;)

-Irish

Every account counts. I know money doesn't grow on trees, and sometimes fun things have to take the back burner. No matter if it is a Hero account or not, your account will help this game live on.

As for the KDR, the battle is on :-)

GrAnit

I'm here to stay with two accounts. Best game ever!

Looking forward to the game moving forward again and I am really ecstatic by the dedication of the RATS2.0 team.

sluggo

I resemble that remark :)

ETA:

And great post Badger. It might not have the best graphics, some things may not work as expected (or wanted), but there truly is no other game out there wit the depth this one has, not for PvP anyway.

Yeah I'ma stick around to support it too.

Regards,

Sluggo

Edited by sluggo

odonovan1
Not if get the worst KDR first!

As for the KDR' date=' the battle is on :-)[/quote']

So THAT'S how it is, eh? Well, I challenge all you "low KDRers" out there to put this in your .sig. Let's show our pride at how well we help our enemies rank up. :)

resize_sitting-duck.jpg

Sitting ducks of the world, unite!

QUACK!

-Irish

rbrady

I think most axis players owe their rank promotions to me. I do my part in helping them increase their stats. I also apologize to everyone for the spam from system messages over my deaths this weekend. I am trying to keep it at a minimal but the Axis are not helping :-)

I've always said that I am the best route the axis have for ranking up, their kill stats go through the roof when I'm playing.

ibiza

That was a nice read. Might consider throwing my two cents in.

jg53

Where is the apology to the squads (thousands of people) that supported this game before AO's?

You ruined your game, and never owned up to it. You are failing because you decided to ignore the squads that pay your salary.

10 years of terrible management, the alienation of the player base has given you exactly what you deserve, a dead game.

Does anyone still remember when it was common to run a flight with 30 other people on the AF? Or maybe run tanks from one town to another to boost the inventory?

Does anyone remember when you could cap towns without an AO? When you actually had a choice without having to be in high command?

I didn't see "I'm sorry" anywhere in your post, just begging for more cash. I already played the "more cash" game when you offered lifetime accounts... Still waiting on those other promises 5 years later.

At least you hired Schilling, probably the biggest asshat in your player base to give you some direction. Did that work out for you?

I really hope you guys get your **** together, because I do like simulators and you have a fun game once you take all your retarded game changes since 2005 and throw them out the window.

MMO's are about people, and you screwed your people over. You lied to us, and deserve to fail.

Anyone that hasn't been around for more than 10 years can disregard this post.