Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

badger

My Pledge to you

badger
I didn't see "I'm sorry" anywhere in your post' date=' just begging for more cash.[/quote']

JG53

I am sorry you took my post as anything more than a player supporting the game that he loves. This post was by a player and nothing more. Most of what you address to me is out of the hands of a player. While you have an opinion, the rest of us players do too. I will not shoot your opinion down, as I do believe 100% that you have the right to your opinion.

I would suggest that you attend one of the Rat Chats hosted by XOOM at some point. The last couple he has talked about some of the points that you brought up. I do not want to take a chance of saying something that I might of miss understood, so I recommend that you attend the next one and ask about your concerns. I think you would be surprised at what you hear.

Yes, I am a fanboy, and yes I do support this game fully as a player today. I am enjoying myself in the game, and I look forward to the future of this game.

Lob12
Where is the apology to the squads (thousands of people) that supported this game before AO's?

You ruined your game, and never owned up to it. You are failing because you decided to ignore the squads that pay your salary.

10 years of terrible management, the alienation of the player base has given you exactly what you deserve, a dead game.

Does anyone still remember when it was common to run a flight with 30 other people on the AF? Or maybe run tanks from one town to another to boost the inventory?

Does anyone remember when you could cap towns without an AO? When you actually had a choice without having to be in high command?

I didn't see "I'm sorry" anywhere in your post, just begging for more cash. I already played the "more cash" game when you offered lifetime accounts... Still waiting on those other promises 5 years later.

At least you hired Schilling, probably the biggest asshat in your player base to give you some direction. Did that work out for you?

I really hope you guys get your **** together, because I do like simulators and you have a fun game once you take all your retarded game changes since 2005 and throw them out the window.

MMO's are about people, and you screwed your people over. You lied to us, and deserve to fail.

Anyone that hasn't been around for more than 10 years can disregard this post.

ZzZzzzZzZZZzZ

sirkkeli
Where is the apology to the squads (thousands of people) that supported this game before AO's?

You ruined your game, and never owned up to it. You are failing because you decided to ignore the squads that pay your salary.

10 years of terrible management, the alienation of the player base has given you exactly what you deserve, a dead game.

Does anyone still remember when it was common to run a flight with 30 other people on the AF? Or maybe run tanks from one town to another to boost the inventory?

Does anyone remember when you could cap towns without an AO? When you actually had a choice without having to be in high command?

I didn't see "I'm sorry" anywhere in your post, just begging for more cash. I already played the "more cash" game when you offered lifetime accounts... Still waiting on those other promises 5 years later.

At least you hired Schilling, probably the biggest asshat in your player base to give you some direction. Did that work out for you?

I really hope you guys get your **** together, because I do like simulators and you have a fun game once you take all your retarded game changes since 2005 and throw them out the window.

MMO's are about people, and you screwed your people over. You lied to us, and deserve to fail.

You, sir, deserve a medal for this post. I wrote a 'more colorful' version of it a while back somewhere in these forums, but it got deleted pretty much right away, and i got the banhammer for it. Anyways, you're 100% right on everything, and described my exact feelings when i read this thread the first time (i just didnt want to risk the ban again so i didnt reply..).

!S mate.

odonovan1

You, sir, deserve a medal for this post. I wrote a 'more colorful' version of it a while back somewhere in these forums, but it got deleted pretty much right away, and i got the banhammer for it. Anyways, you're 100% right on everything, and described my exact feelings when i read this thread the first time (i just didnt want to risk the ban again so i didnt reply..).

!S mate.

You guys DO realize that the Rats running the game now are not the same people who did everything you're accusing them of, riiiiiight? They inherited the problems, are trying to fix them, and they get this line of BS for their efforts.

If you don't like the game, leave. It's as simple as that. Spread your poison somewhere else.

Badger, your original post in this thread was an influence on my decision to become a Premium subscriber. My full subscription starts on my next billing cycle, which is very soon now. Much love and respect, man.

S!

-Irish

sirkkeli
You guys DO realize that the Rats running the game now are not the same people who did everything you're accusing them of, riiiiiight? They inherited the problems, are trying to fix them, and they get this line of BS for their efforts.

If you don't like the game, leave. It's as simple as that. Spread your poison somewhere else.

Badger, your original post in this thread was an influence on my decision to become a Premium subscriber. My full subscription starts on my next billing cycle, which is very soon now. Much love and respect, man.

S!

-Irish

^.

Edited by sirkkeli

badger

S!

-Irish

I am glad to hear you became a Premium Subscriber. I know it will help the team greatly.

I know this game is not perfect. I am amazed that it is even here to be honest. There is a reason that no other company has ever tried to accomplish what this game does at such a grand scale. The easiest thing is to complain about the issues. Yes, there are things that drive me nuts in the game right now, but I am looking forward to seeing the accomplishments of the new team in the near future. Those guys have my respect. They have stepped up to keep our game moving forward. They are working with code that is outdated and not even taught anymore (by my understanding). The Rats that are no longer on the team, they built it all, so they at least had an idea of where things were. The current team, they had to spend lots of time to figure it all out. Now they have a handle on it, and they are making some great things happen it sounds like.

Everyone in this community makes a choice each month if they believe in this project. Those who do, they pay their monthly subscription, and those who do not, they leave the community. The WBS event just held made me realize how lucky I am to have this game to entertain me. I did not get an email on the WBS, but luckily XOOM reached out to me about another question and sparked my interest. Since I have found my way home, I realize how much I miss this community and this game.

I have looked at the roadmap, I have joined Xoom in his Rat Chats, and I have played along side the new team in the game, and to be honest, I am very excited about what the new team has planned in the near future.

The road this game has had, well we all know it has been long and bumpy. I can not say that it will be 100% smooth ahead, but I do know that I support the team 100% and I look forward to being here the next 15 years.

badger

I wanted to take a moment to address this part of your statement too. Shilling built a reputation on the Allied Side that was not pretty if you took his roleplaying to heart. When Shilling was in a leadership role, this game was very interesting. That is when I met Shilling and started to work with him. Everything you saw in the forums was nothing more than inspiration to his side and playing the role of what was expected of him at the time. Behind the scene he did more for this game as a whole that most will ever realize. Yes I cringed every time I saw him put out a Red Alert post. I knew that it had the potential of costing the Allied Side in different ways. Eventually his Red Alert became just as motivating for the Allied Side as it had for the Axis Side.

Shilling had a love for this game and while the public never saw it, it was there and it was deep. He was a squad leader, and well respected as one. He worked behind the scenes to help give some power to the squads. Some things are in the game, and somethings never made it.

I worked with Shilling for years, both as a player and as a Rat. I have lots of respect for him and the work that he did around this game. I realize his forum persona is not the favorite of every member of this community, and I do respect that. He came off as tough and a bully, but it made my gaming much better. We were both Branch Commanders when Hatch introduced me to him and Scooby. Hatch was looking to have people in the HC that could work across the side line and help make the game better. Shilling and Scooby both worked with me to reach the goal that Hatch had. From our first talks on, we worked together for the game as a whole. While in front of the players we were 100% for our side, outside of the view of the players we worked together with each other and the Rats to help improve the game as a whole.

Most people do not know, but most of the hard fought battles on the field at the time were arranged battles that we planned to present to the community. When we felt the community needed to get their mind off other things, we would put the Axis and Allied forces face to face to create entertainment for all who wanted to take part. When either side had an issue, shilling was there beside me to push to get it corrected as fast as possible. It did not matter if it was an Allied issue or Axis issue, he saw things that effected the game as a whole, and he would fight for what was right to the game as a whole.

Our friendship has remained strong through the years. He is now engaged, and just moved to TN. His children are grown and doing well. What started as enemies on the virtual battlefield, it remains a strong friendship. Even though, at times, he caused pains in my butt to deal with some of the posts that he posted, I see it for what it really was, and that was for the fun of those who got into that type of thing.

I do wish that his real life would allow him to return to the game. I would love to face him again on the battlefield. I would love to have another Badger vs Shilling match.

This game has allowed me to meet some great people. I like the fact that we are all different. We each have our own thoughts about the game. We each have our own picture of what the game should look like in our mind. I look forward to the future and meeting more people from around the world that will come to play this great game.

Edited by BADGER

Lob12
^.

I've been around longer than you and I'm disregarding your cheap whining.

Some of the people hiding behind long forgotten squad accounts will never be satisfied.

You want apologies made to you? What kind of self-righteous pricks are you, really? This isn't about about you lmao.

Its a game; its a business. Choices were made. Not always the good ones. That much is well known.

Now, you either get over it or just leave. I'm sick of seeing the same bunch of old dry coots come spit over everything with their negativity. Especially when the team finally started doing real things again. Just comon man. You old guys just walk over everything with your old-now-meaningless grudges. In a super positive thread like that over the top?

You guys will never be happy because we will never go back to how the game was back then. Better get to grasp with this sooner than later.

My old squad (ww2online's oldest) also mainly stopped playing. A bit because of some bad decisions on CRS' end, but also because our leadership was tired and mainly because of time. After 13 years, some people felt like doing other stuff.

But I'm not gonna make an entitled b*tch out of myself and come here and ask for CRS to "apologize" lmao. Get a grip.

Edited by Lob12

odonovan1

*hears sound of sizzling and hands out tubes of aloe vera ointment to Lob12's victims* You guys want a little something for that burn? :)

+1 to Lob12 for that one. My ears would be ringing if I heard that said out loud, so I guess my eyes are watering. ;)

-Irish

sirkkeli
I'm not gonna make an entitled b*tch out of myself

Having read s**tload of your posts during the years subscribed, you're way way way too late for that.

I don't need apologies from the devs, f**k that. Rest of your WOT i didn't even read, i know better.

I'm entitled to my opinion. I paid my 14$ just for the forum access, nothing more. I haven't installed the game since it still isn't worth my time.

Guess what? Majority of the playerbase that Badger is begging to come back in this very thread left for that exact reason. The Devs (at the time) ignored their customers, and paid the price for it, along with you and few others that stayed.

Now, one of them is begging the bulk of their salary-payers to come back to the ****show they created, and haven't changed one thing that made them leave.

F**k that.

Me, or anyone who left when this took place, is coming back. Forget it. No.

Funny thing is that it's you giving me s**t, considering your history.

Have fun in your dying game, and still ignoring the majority of the playerbase that once were here.

And no, this is not a squad account.

Lob12

I'm entitled to my opinion. I paid my 14$ just for the forum access, nothing more. I haven't installed the game since it still isn't worth my time.

You're one sad person.

Don't you have anything else going on in your little life than reminiscing 10 years old grudges about video games?

Jeebus man.

So basically, you never logged on since resubbed. You just came in the forums and laid down the poison. That was your only intention all along?

What does it say about you? That theres nothing objective about how you feel. You're mad and you'll stay mad. So theres nothing for CRS to do for you. Rejoicing about the difficulties this community faced/is still facing? How low can you fooking sink man? You sad fcks have been announcing the death of this game for years now, and guess what ? We're still here.

Now you may have the "right" to post on the forums, but I also have a right not to see your stupid drivel in every positive thread we make about this game.

And badger ain't on the payroll, so stfu about that.

I don't understand why you guys just don't leave us and this game alone if you don't want anything more to do with it.

You're butthurt for ever? Fine, its your right. But for fooking sake let us rebuild and take your negativity elsewhere.

Now go play WoT or whatever else floats your boat.

Edited by Lob12

sirkkeli
You're one sad loser.

Don't you have anything else going on in your little life than remember 10 years old grudges about video games?

Jeebus man.

So basically, you never logged on since resubbed. You just came in the forums and laid down the poison.

What does it say about you? That theres nothing objective about how you feel. You're mad and you'll stay mad. So theres nothing for CRS to do for you.

Now you may have the "right" to post on the forums, but I also have a right not to see your stupid drivel in every positive thread we make about this game.

And badger ain't on the payroll, so stfu about that.

Your right of not to see my posts are right behind the ignore button, so stfu about that.

I installed the game once couple months ago on friends account, it was exactly the same like it was when i left it almost 5 years ago. And the reasons for leaving were still there. That should tell even you quite alot.

Comparing what i saw then, and how the game was on it's peak times, it's like comparing a shoebox shooter and a real mmorpg.

But whatever, have fun if you like it. I wont renew my sub that's for sure. I trust on what my huge loads of friends both Axis and Allied (yes, i actually played the whole game unlike you) say about it, and act alike. Which is the reason i haven't bothered installing it.

Anyways, have fun with it. In fact, try to have a 160+ player paradrop on one single AO with current playerbase. We once did, it was awesome. I bet you can't get 160 players on the whole game now on peaktime, not even close.. not to mention just for a paradrop.

Edited by sirkkeli

Lob12
Your right of not to see my posts are right behind the ignore button, so stfu about that.

I installed the game once couple months ago on friends account, it was exactly the same like it was when i left it. And the reasons for leaving were still there. That should tell even you quite alot.

Comparing what i saw then, and how the game was on it's peak times, it's like comparing a shoebox shooter and a real mmorpg.

But whatever, have fun if you like it. I wont renew my sub that's for sure. I trust on what my huge loads of friends both Axis and Allied (yes, i actually played the whole game unlike you) say about it, and act alike. Which is the reason i haven't bothered installing it.

Anyways, have fun with it. In fact, try to have a 160+ player paradrop on one single AO with current playerbase. We once did, it was awesome. I bet you can't get 160 players on the whole game now on peaktime, not even close.. not to mention just for a paradrop.

Lol I have much more kills as axis than you as allied. Check stats out before talking out of your arse. 5800 vs 2000 :rolleyes:. I'm a Lt-Colonel in the axis army, you ain't even close to that rank on the allied side. I have a lot of friends on axis side and yes many are not playing anymore and I miss them a lot. Probably some of them are your friends too...

You 2005 noob think you can talk to me about the good old days uh? I know everything about them... I know the game ain't as populated as it was, duh. I'm not putting my head in the sand about that. But its also true that its going better now than the last 2 years. That is encouraging.

I call BS on that paradrop btw. Sounds exaggerated as fck lol. Or it was really out of norm.

You came in here expecting what? A complete revamp? A return to pre-TOEs gameplay? That was never announced. If you have expectations that are too high, blame yourself...

This game is enormous, and the team taking care of it is small and has even smaller means. You ain't dealing with Blizzard or Activision here.

This game survived a pretty certain death recently and you're like "why has everything not changed yet!?" You don't even realize how out of place it makes you sound.

The truth is that, if you want to support this game, you gotta be patient. You can't expect this old cargo ship to turn around like if it was an attack helicopter...

I'm a 100% fanboi. I'm not objective at all when it comes to this game. Thats true. I already made a commitment that I would be hear 'til the lights go out. No matter what (unless they bump the price so much that I couldn't afford it...).

I understand that many people can't make that kind of commitment. But please, I'm asking this sincerely, don't go around hoping that we fail. This is just so effing mean and shabby.

Edited by Lob12

sirkkeli
Lol I have much more kills as axis than you as allied. Check stats out before talking out of your arse. 5800 vs 2000 :rolleyes:

You 2005 noob think you can talk to me about the good old days uh? I know everything about them... I know the game ain't as populated as it was, duh. I'm not putting my head in the sand about that. But its also true that its going better now than the last 2 years. That is encouraging.

I call BS on that paradrop btw. Sounds exaggerated as fck lol.

You came in here expecting what? A complete revamp? A return to pre-TOEs gameplay? That was never announced. If you have expectations that are too high, blame yourself...

First of all, check my "Antagonist" accounts stats. I started another account back then since i wanted to play Allied without any hassle. I have no clue how to use the new stats, i couldnt pull any of my accounts from them.

The good old days were exatly that, the good old days. If you cant see that, then yes, your head is infact, in the sand.

oh, and about the paradrop:

SShot60.jpg

My bad, it was only 156 on this mission, didnt quite recall the number right. Then again, there were other missions on same target. I flew one of the Ju52's actually, i ctd'd halfway across the channel and subsequently drowned the passengers.. quite a few HC onboard and even few Rats.

So stfu n00b, and gtfo.

Edited by sirkkeli

Lob12
First of all, check my "Antagonist" accounts stats. I started another account back then since i wanted to play Allied without any hassle. I have no clue how to use the new stats, i couldnt pull any of my accounts from them.

The good old days were exatly that, the good old days. If you cant see that, then yes, your head is infact, in the sand.

oh, and about the paradrop:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/Sirkkeli/SShot60.jpg[/%7Boption%7D

My bad, it was only 156 on this mission, didnt quite recall the number right. Then again, there were other missions on same target. I flew one of the Ju52's actually, i ctd'd halfway across the channel and subsequently drowned the passengers.. quite a few HC onboard and even few Rats.

So stfu n00b, and gtfo.

What has changed in game that prevents you from re-creating that? HCs and TOEs already existed back then pretty sure. Whats your point anyway? That we had more people playing before? We all know that.

What we disagree on is why people left.

You say its ALL because of CRS. I say its partially because of bad business decisions, yes for sure. But its also because mainly of time and the general lack of new content. PvP stays PvP.

Oh and sorry if I don't know all the fooking accounts you used in your great career :rolleyes: And maybe you should learn to use stats before making allusions about someone else's playing history, don't you think?

I love how you finish your message btw. Very mature.

You're like those ever-angry radio listeners that keep calling right-wing radios to tell how you hate your neighbours lol

Edited by Lob12

sirkkeli
What has changed in game that prevents you from re-creating that? HCs and TOEs already existed back then pretty sure.

Oh and sorry if I don't know all the fooking accounts you used in your great career :rolleyes: And maybe you should learn to use stats before making allusions about someone else's playing history, don't you think?

I love how you finish your message btw. Very mature.

I wasnt the one who brought stats into this. I wasnt the one who brought n00b and stfu into this, i just added gtfo. Wanna edit your answer?

And please, do show us your 'career' since you so much love it. I'm too lazy to do it.. well not lazy, i just dont care. But ofcourse, please bring your whole career here and compare it to mine, just keep in mind i had separate Axis and Allied accounts.

Edit: You're awfully quiet about the "BS paradrop" though...

Lob12
I wasnt the one who brought stats into this. I wasnt the one who brought n00b and stfu into this, i just added gtfo. Wanna edit your answer?

And please, do show us your 'career' since you so much love it. I'm too lazy to do it.. well not lazy, i just dont care. But ofcourse, please bring your whole career here and compare it to mine, just keep in mind i had separate Axis and Allied accounts.

You're the one who said you enjoyed both sides, unlike me... I just pointed out that you were wrong. You made an allusion to the fact that I only played allied, which is false.

I have 45 000 kills in career, mostly on allied side. You're far from that mark even with both accounts (do you have another one hidden somewhere with 10K? lol). But this is 100% irrelevant to this discussion. Nice historic KDs though I must say. tanker?

Edited by Lob12

Lob12

Edit: You're awfully quiet about the "BS paradrop" though...

What point does it prove except that there was more people before? we all recognize that...

And yeah I like editing instead of reposting. More coherent like that. I don't erase stuff though, I add stuff. Re-read my posts on page 2 if you like.

You got me on that para thing, congrats. Never had the joy to do a paradrop with more than 60-80 in the same plane and it was already a lot lol. Even before 2006. Yours must have been in the end of a the campaign or something, since you're talking about England.

But it doesn't prove what you're trying to say... Just that there was more people playing before... Which is true.

But its also true that his game had excellent years from 2005 to 2008 ish. Even with brigade supply and HCs.

Edited by Lob12

Lob12

Btw we're talking rough here but I'm really not angry at you.

You have your opinions. I have mine.

Sad thing is to me it seems like we're both passionate (seems to me you wouldn't have paid for the forums if you were not :/) about the game still but you seem to have given up on it :/

I just think its Sad. This game needs every veteran possible. or at least it needs their comprehension in front of its short comings :(

sirkkeli

Well, since you ran out of the **** to run your mouth with, i'll answer:

What has changed in game that prevents you from re-creating that?

Playernumbers, plain and simple. As it is, the game doesn't have that much players even on peaks, like i already stated. Let alone for one single target. And we both know why that is.

You're the one who said you enjoyed both sides, unlike me... I just pointed out that you were wrong. You made an allusion to the fact that I only played allied, which is false.

I have 45 000 kills in career, mostly on allied side. You're far from that mark even with both accounts (do you have another one hidden somewhere with 10K? lol). But this is 100% irrelevant to this discussion. Nice historic KDs though I must say. tanker?

I'd have quite a load of more kills if the game hadn't gone to ****ter back when i left. How many kills (the 2 accounts combined) i have btw? I've no clue how to use the stat page and no interest to learn. Does it show stats back from 2005?

No 10k hidden anywhere, maybe few dozen on some irrelevant try-outs.

Not a tanker. Mostly infantry and fighters, some bombing. I had quite good 'career' with Spits after flying LW, but my 6-year old girl could probably do better with them since she's more familiar with training wheels. My AdA stats against ground weren't that bad either, i loved them fiddies against squishys. It was either or.

My German stats on the other hand probably suck, since i squadplayed my whole career, and didn't care about dying aslong as we played the objective. I did manage a 51 kill sniper mission thouh, and regularly managed 5+ AA missions. Ofcourse, it turned on easy 10+ all the time with the Allied account.

Anyways, f**k all this. I'll be back if the game does a turnaround to the 'kind-of-simulator' it once was. If it stays on the arcade path, i wont. Simple as that. Gotta say, bulk of the ones who left wont be back either i predict. There's far better 40-60 player shoebox shooters out there.

Edited by sirkkeli

Lob12

And we both know why that is.

This is where we really disagree. You guys seem to say thats its 100% CRS' fault. I'm saying that time and weariness of the game is the main factor, combined with the lack or perceived lack of updates/new content.

I mean, check at MMOs as a whole. Its not going so well for the genre in the last 6 ish years. I think we can safely say that.

Anyway this tough discussion made my ****ty course pass much more faster! Thanks for that :D;)

If its just numbers that are the problem, well come back ffs and the problem will resolve itself. Plus we have a new team that seems more ready to listen to the playerbase and react quickly.

Theres a lot of changes to be made to the game to make it more enjoyable for sure, like give more powers to squads and integrate an ad hoc grouping feature like in most MMOs. But for changes, they need time and money. Thats a sucky answer I know and it goes back to "do you trust them?" Well I do, but I can understand that some still dont. Even if it saddens me.

My old squad mates left because, like you, some were really unhappy with CRS. But they can't stick to any one game for more than 6 months. They can't replace ww2online with Archage, H&G or some other weak BS.

And you're stats are petty damn good. Overall I'd say better than mine because your KDs lol. I just didn't like being told that I never enjoyed the whole game, because I really really appreciated my time playing axis with KGW and others

Edited by Lob12

playtime

Nice Post Badger honest.

Sense day one I have been a premium sub. and I always will be unless I kick the bucket to many more times.

And to the one person that will pay $14 for the right to post on the forum hey I never knew you could just pay for the right to post on this forum and not also play the game? I do know that for some time now I have been paying more than $14 to post on this forum and play the game.

How very sad it is someone shows in my opinion so much hate but maybe you just can't let it go the past that is. Hey its your right now saying its not. But to pay for the right just to come on this forum and relive the past many of us that have been here longer than you and still play the game in my opinion get over it I had to. I started playing back shortly after the game started I didn't have the money at the time so a close friend of mine purchased for my sub. he purchased as he did his at Walmart. If you purchased the game there you were given 3-4 months free if you purchased 2 subs to the game. My friend paid for my sub but also gave me his 3-4 months free so that I wouldn't have to pay hopefully until I was back on my feet.

Yes I remember many issues between CRS - HC and the leader of our squad and many others. Our squad was large enough we had our own - air force - infantry - armor - but a few besides me are still around after all of this time.

Take into account after roughly six years into the game my account crashed for some reason and CRS's remedy was to start all of my hard earned ranks as a sarg. At that time I was a 1 star in both French and Brit armies not to mention - air and what little rank I had in the navy. One could have fried an egg on my forehead I was so peed off. But the thought never crossed my mind to up and quit. People started leaving this game but also some like myself had health issues and some are I pray in heaven.

Now that was the past and it took time but I got most of my ranks back up and realized screw these ranks because that's all they are. Myself having been in the service over 6 years never looked at this game as being about rank or how many I killed or was killed.

Times have changed nothing stays the same in any part of our lives regardless what it is yes even a fricking game.

But I am going to say this and I mean every word of it. The people or friends I have never met and will never meet mean a lot to me. I am not going to cut down a - game - that I have paid for that has given me more than just headaches or fun. This game is therapy for me. I might only play now 3-4 hours in the evening not because I do not want to play more but because I am not able to. The people in this game and the game has kept myself going during some really rough times some from medical issues some from emotional caused from my medical issues. Having had cancer twice and my most recent stage 4 cancer I needed some thing to keep my mind off of things that were driving me crazy. My last bought of cancer was and is still in my system having had a brain tumor removed. I am losing the use of my fingers because my brain has a hard time telling them what and when to type. But using this keyboard keeps whats left of my brain working and in some shallow ways this game reminds me of my the time I was defending my country but is thankfully in a fog now. My point is this game is not just a fricking game any more than the people playing this game no matter whom they are. Its a release - something to look forward to - even if I can't walk at times I feel like I can.

Ha someone mentioned Stats no chit I have everyone beat - yes I am the worst donated of points or kills to the axis side but I just don't care. Now stick my arse at my joystick with a DD and let me battle the very good Axis Captains and on a decent night I will give them a decent battle. At one time I can remember all of those kills I would get and how easy it seemed yet now its all I can do to guard a CP or operate a DD.

This game is far from perfect but you only get out of it what you are willing to give back to it. And by this I mean - come on to hate is such a waste of time - time that you or I will never ever get back. Its very hard at times to stay up with crap like I have been reading about people that - may have - ok did mess up what was once a super game. But if I lived in the past like I did for so many years I would not be here today typing this I would be in a little box having been cremated. No I don't think that I am giving the people that are kind to me or the game to much credit having kept me going either. I respect every person that play this games opinion but not someone that only pays to come on this forum to get **** going and to ask someone to say their sorry is in my opinion very low. Some might not need this game but I for one have gotten so much from it that I will be here until the lights go out for me.

I respect the members that donate their time to run the map and put up with so much bull crap at times. Many don't know this but I was an acting HC at one time and filled in once in a while when no one was available to run it many years ago. I have thought how much damage I could do on the Axis side if I were to join HC full time - I would have the land in the fricking water and the water on the land. I could I really could figure out a way to post ao's out over the water - you would see DD's inland and Laffys cruising on the waters LOL.

Ok I am done and if I did not make sense so be it but like someone said I paid my dues so I must have the right to come on this forum and make no sense what ever. I am not even going to go back and read what I typed the reason being is I would just delete it and start all over again and the next time might be worse than this time.

If only I had the time back that I spent thinking about my time in the service and the terrible things I did and all of my friends and 4 brother in laws that are gone to a better place. I don't think some realize just how many members that are truly really old timers in this game - I am 70 and I know someone else that has almost 4 years on me. You youngsters could learn quite a bit from the old times in this game - ha just not me.

Thank You for not swearing at me or letting me know how bad my post is or was hey I already know this. You can't fool a fooler-----Saltue Playtime and my K-9 partner Cooper

P.S.

Come on now it really is time to move on and let the new guys or gals give it their best shot.

We can never relive or change the past but the past can live inside of us just like hate and I can't be that type of person. I have to many things from my past that I sure as hell don't want to relive them so move on. At time I still have to much from the past reach inside me today that brings me nightmares at night.

odonovan1

Now I AM a nOoB and I'll freely admit it. So, in a way, I hate to get in the middle of this. But, damn it, sirkkeli, you're WAY off base. Check your quote, right here. In one sentence, you show (with "at the time") you understand the current Rats are NOT the same ones who created the problem. Then, in the next sentence, you ignore that fact again, and accuse the current devs of being the ones who caused the game's problems (with "the ****show they created"). Make up your mind. Either you understand or you don't.

The Devs (at the time) ignored their customers, and paid the price for it, along with you and few others that stayed.

Now, one of them is begging the bulk of their salary-payers to come back to the ****show they created, and haven't changed one thing that made them leave.

F**k that.

The current devs inherited a giant, steaming pile of poo, which they are working hard, with VERY limited resources, to make better. They're finally getting some breaks and are making a bit of headway, and you're here, pissing on everyone's Wheaties. Just stop! We all know it was better, "back in the day." We understand. That doesn't mean it won't get better now, and maybe even surpass the good old days, at some point. I, for one, am sticking around to find out.

-Irish

badger

Playtime

Thank you for your service to our country. Your story is one that is touching. I find this game helps many people through relief of stress from the real world. No matter what is happening in the real world, to many, this game offers a way to step around from what they face in the real world for while.

Often I have tried to picture what people would be like based off what I see in their callsign and the way they act in the community. I pictured you to be maybe in your 20's of 30's. I seem to be off a little. Thank you for sharing your story.

sirkkeli

Guys, i don't care who's on the dev team now. I know the ex-Rats read these forums too.

Dont worry, i'll be out soon, i sure wont renew the sub. I just saw the wbs thingy on my emails, and decided to check the playskool to see whats happening. It's exactly what i heard it'd be, pretty much dead. Then i paid the one month fee to see if i'd see the old friends post on the Premium Discussions, but it was just as dead there. Less than 10 familiar names appeared, pretty sad.

I might be back if some things in game are removed/changed and if the huge chunk of people that left few years ago decide to come back. I'm not holding my breath though, since nothing whatsoever has changed since i left, except that there's even less players left.

Edit: If something i wrote on earlier posts offended you, sorry. I just told you what happened, nothing more.

Edited by sirkkeli