• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wildcat382

I pay to play

20 posts in this topic

Well here we are shut down again. You know I pay monthly but have played long enough that I have paid about what these lifetime members have paid. We as monthly payee's do not get this lifetime membership stuff or do we get ANYTHING for free. Makes it so it sounds more attractive to become a free player then I can get all this welcome back vet things

I have played off and on since release, these "welcome back soldier" incentive programs are designed to bring back and interest previous and new players a like to ALSO pay money just like you, to help support the game and spur development. Not to mention bring a healthy population of players back to the game. You know to shoot at and play with...

If you think providing an upgraded temporary try before you buy trial is unfair to you as a paying subscriber. I'd remind you that these programs are in YOUR best interest as well, since ghost town AOs are pretty boring.

Edited by viskov

Well here we are shut down again. You know I pay monthly but have played long enough that I have paid about what these lifetime members have paid. We as monthly payee's do not get this lifetime membership stuff or do we get ANYTHING for free. Makes it so it sounds more attractive to become a free player then I can get all this welcome back vet things

Ffs, the no end rant. You guys need to chill a bit and look at the damm bigger picture. For first time in 3,5 years this game is finally moving forward. Can you all think on the long term for a change?

Edited by erasmo

Campaign starts are always a few hours down. Campaigns have been going on since at least 2003. Should not be a surprise by now.

We worked very hard today, to get you new weapons into the game for the first time since mid-2011. We did it with little issues, and overall it was much faster than our last patch. We're getting better at it.

I am a bit disappointed to see a veteran player who has been here supporting us write this. I'd thought you'd be eager to see the progression, not kick a guy while he's trying to deliver for you.

We did the best we could. We also have the highest population in-game right now all year, because of it.

S!

Everyone is getting this post wrong. I am excited about all the progress that you guys are doing and I will probably still be here when all is said and done. What I am saying is you ought to throw a bone to your loyal customers too. Between this time playing and also the 2 years prior I have some time here and it seems like its all about the hero builders and ftp. Maybe its just me having a bad day.

Everyone is getting this post wrong. I am excited about all the progress that you guys are doing and I will probably still be here when all is said and done. What I am saying is you ought to throw a bone to your loyal customers too. Between this time playing and also the 2 years prior I have some time here and it seems like its all about the hero builders and ftp. Maybe its just me having a bad day.

Now you know what the middle class american feels like. ;)

This is the most expensive MMO on the market so the OP has a right to complain about an outage in service. I've seen whining free players in F2P games get a more considerate response from the company personnel that what I've seen here.

Good evening

The price is enough based on the level of customers to keep the company open. The future of the game being here is based on people like you who pay month to month. I have a couple of accounts that are sitting there and doing nothing more than paying for this game that I love. Each of us are important to the future of this game. While we may not get free things, it is recognized in the monument that the website is up and the game is still running. It is a living monument to every player who has paid money for a monthly subscription.

I do not know about now, but in the past the Hero's program was promoted when they needed a sudden in flow of funds to do something important right then. Failure to gain the funds would of caused an issue. They put together packages to help justify other players like us to get their money's worth for their helping in a time that they needed it.

I know how much our monthly subscription is worth to them. It probably is just as worth it to the rest of us, without the monthly subscriptions they would not be able to be here. Unlike other companies that have big pocket books, the pocket books here are about a dry as the pizza boy who can not give change.

While we may not get our names on a gold plaque in the game, our monument is more important I believe, it is the fact that the game continues on, and will be here for some time to come.

I think I kind of have a handle on what Wildcat is saying. Perhaps there could be some cosmetic item or such, here in the forums, ingame, or both, that long-term members would get to recognize them for years of paid membership. Call it a "Lifers' Award." I know I'd like to see which players have been here the longest, so I can toss them a thank you for keeping the game alive so I could come in and enjoy it, as a "Johnny-come-lately."

-Irish

Every subscription goes to cover the bottom line as, to do your part.

Every hero builder subscription does your part, and pulls the weight of someone else who isn't subscribed.

This is why we do our best to say if you want to see us do more, subscribe as a Hero. But most important, do your part and subscribe. Paid subscribers are the only reason we're still here, and will continue to be.

S!

Hero builders pay monthly, basically double the top premium sub @ $29.99 per month. For that we get from crs a "free" tow account (if we chose to) a hammer icon in our game tag, a separate forum, and closed beta access.

I am a hero builder. That said I've kept 2 subbed accts for many years prior to the hero builder thing. I had a special ingame icon as well prior to becoming a builder. I am paying more now for the hero account than I did before with 2 premium accounts.

We don't do the "hero" for goodies, I could full sub 2 accounts for less than the hero sub. We go the extra little bit to help fund this game.

Hero builders pay monthly, basically double the top premium sub @ $29.99 per month. For that we get from crs a "free" tow account (if we chose to) a hammer icon in our game tag, a separate forum, and closed beta access.

I am a hero builder. That said I've kept 2 subbed accts for many years prior to the hero builder thing. I had a special ingame icon as well prior to becoming a builder. I am paying more now for the hero account than I did before with 2 premium accounts.

We don't do the "hero" for goodies, I could full sub 2 accounts for less than the hero sub. We go the extra little bit to help fund this game.

Well said Zeke. Once I detected some movement from the Development Team, keep at it guys, I couldn't wait to go Hero.

Obviously there's no way to do a campaign-oriented game that requires periodic resets, with content development that requires patches and therefore resets, without outages.

But I'm sure most of us understand the OP's perspective.

Maybe someday there'll be a separate server for intermissions/events, so that customers will have a place to play during necessary campaign server outages.

Or you could go outside during down time :)

I love this game, I remember seeing it when I was 12 in eb games in a box. Ever since I have been in and out over the years and I will continue to support this because I believe in it. I think in the years to come many things will improve moving forward. I have recently come back in Feb and have been as active as I can be! Great community is the greatest asset in ww2 online!!

Just noticed I need to resubb!! Gotta ask the O.I.C (Wife)!!

Cheers

Major J,Ellwood (Allies)

Edited by jayellwood

I dont know if it is inn, but I have mentioned this before. Subscribing members should get one thing extra, and that is a small vote on how the devs. should prioritize its work. Devs. have their roadmap, okei, but small things. E.x what new unit or weapon. Devs gives us a choice, we choose. Should crew players be able to join or exit a tank in the field for example? Small things like that. I would gladly be a subscribing member if I had a little more to say in the development of the game.

I for one want to make this excellent game more enjoyable with more cooperation. More fun to ride alongside your pals, more fun and less hassle to coop vehicles. I think that would make more people ask their friends to join, and that is more money for development.

RATS are listening very new players (2-3 years of account) and losing those who actually kept this game here (10+ years).

DOC does not listen to anyone ...

Xoom hear a lot and shoots in all directions trying to hit.

Edited by br1000

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0