Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boudreau

Explanation

6 posts in this topic

At the end of the last campaign, I posted that I was gonna go Allied to finish my gaming on the side I started. I should have been more clear. Poor choice of words.

1. I am NOT leaving this game! I even have a laptop and wireless set up for my coffin after I die. ;)

2. I am 73 years old...Not sure how much longer I'll be around. Hopefully, for a long time. LOL.

3. As some of you know, Miss Rutie and I have had a stressful year.

I try very hard to be positive around her, but sometimes the stress gets pretty bad. I come downstairs to Boudreau's Man Cave and log in.

In an hour or so, stress and depression is gone. Unfortunately, it showed in some of my postings. I'm sorry for that. But after all, I am just a man.

4. With all the glitches and stuff, this is still the greatest game and community.

As we all know, XOOM and the RATS are rebuilding code that is over 14 years old in some cases! They are gonna fix something, and it can "break" something else...that's just the way things happen.

As players, it's difficult sometimes to imagine what the RATS are going thru bringing this game up to 2015 and beyond standards. It's huge!!

WE, AS PLAYERS, CAN HELP!!!

Be positive, help newer players learn, organize training mission behind lines if the Beta isn't available.

I know most squads do this, but remember to recruit new players. Assign em a mentor to guide them thru the various tasks and skills.

What do ya get for doing all this?

Satisfaction, pride, and fun of seeing players mature and become better at what they are asked to do. Will there be frustrations, sure. But that's part of being a mentor/trainer.

Oh yeah, you could upgrade to annual HERO Builder. You have no idea how much that contributes to the community and the game!!

Oh yeah, I'll be AXIS at the start of intermission!! LOL!:D

my friend

We have known each other for many years now, and I still remember the days of F22 Raptor and your Geritol Iv. Back then you said you only had a few years left and now it has been close to what? 20 years almost? Maybe lacking a couple of years, but the years run together for me. I pray that you both will complete this year with an up swing and that it continues for many years to come. In that pray I also ask that you be around for many more years to come. 72 is not that old anymore. When I was younger it was old, but today that is not that old.

As for the rest of your post, Amen!

Then that bit about Axis. I will miss ya on our side, but will look for you on the battlefield.

S! Boudreau! Don't think OLD, it'll play with the mind. I still have WWII Vet's playing Golf at the Selfridge ANGB and they are well into their 80's. My Mother still plays too at 83.

I also pray you and your family to be with good health. S!

imageMain_55_568.jpg

This may not be STRICTLY true, but it scares the hell out of the kids long enough that we can get an advantage. ;)

-Irish

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0