Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brad332

Axis Performance

30 posts in this topic

So, I came back with the WBS event and blah blah blah. I am really curious to hear what you guys think is going on with the population right now and the distribution of new guys/veterans. When I use to play there was atleast some kind of back and forth of towns but what I have been seeing with this painfully short campaign is a total dominance.

I am no fair weather Axis player so it is really frustrating. What is missing? I want to help it, I really do. I understand that there asking for more HC and I will probably apply. Not that I think I can do a better job then our current HC which I applaud for not giving up and always trying.

Guess I am more or less venting but I wanna hear from others what the view on this is.

I usually log in late at night/early morning, US Eastern time...midnight or later. I've been keeping track and the population seems to be swinging back and forth at that time. Part of the time it will be Axis requesting reinforcements, but just as often it will be Allies, or it will be balanced. At least when I'm on, it seems the respective populations aren't an issue. Can anyone address this as far as other times of day are concerned. Perhaps one part of the day the Allies are way overpopulated and overrunning a bunch of Axis territory, so it makes it difficult for the Axis to come back when the sides are more equal. That's the only thing I could think of, offhand.

-Irish

Thanks for the reply! Not so much the number of players I have been noticing,as even with a spawn delay, Axis gets kicked across the map. It's the teamwork I miss seeing. Sure someone will get a FRU up and we can cap a depot or 2. But more often then not it completely falls apart with a lack of combined arms. Panzers always on the other side of town getting sapped while the allied tanks close in on our FRU's. I can offer a tow to ATG's but no one will come. Just seems to me that a majority of the veteran players went Allied.

That sounds very familiar. I can tell you, from seeing the chatter on the Allied side, the problem is the same. Command is always yelling at people to get with the plan...stop playing around on the wrong side of town and guard CPs...or cap CPs...or get spawned in cities where people are needed for the most important AO or DO...whatever.

It's a lot like herding cats, whether they be Allied cats or Axis cats.

-Irish

As a long time player, and have only played AXIS this year (I'm not a side switcher), I can tell you that HC is just a mess with AXIS.

There are times when we are over pop and don't even have a working AO! The armor just stinks also, as far as defensively.

I enjoy the infantry much better than Allied.

But, the main problem is just it's just all out of order....chaos ensues most of the time. A sudden town "911" appears out of nowhere, where a town is taken all of a sudden.

I have played 12 years, but have never been HC, so I hate to rag on them...but it just seems all out of order and a pure mess.

I miss defense and attack OIC´s, Axis used to have those some years ago.

Now i go to a town under atack and no HC there, with 4 or 5 HC listed.

Also Axis suffers the lack of sappers...but thats obvious.

There are a number if issues that have affected this campaign.

Spawn delay has been capped.

Axis player base has lost a lot of veteran players.

But in game I have noticed a number of players who have spawned equipment and gone afk for a considerable amount of time which skews spawn delay.

The response to an attack by allies has been abysmal at times. We have been almost down to our AB before anyone decides to come and defend, and this leads on to the next point.

We seem to have a large proportion of newer players who seem to not understand when one allied attack is dying off or has finished. These players fail to move rapidly to new developing attacks/defences elsewhere until it is far too late.

The basics are overlooked. With a few defenders it is not necessary to guard one CP at the expense of others. All players just need to run in and do a quick check and alert others if it is being capped allied.

AB camps : When there are enemy tanks at the gates I see dozens of tankers and infantry just drive out in front of waiting guns. CRS (bless them!) gave most of the infantry SMOKE CANNISTERS! Try using them to blind the tanks and enemy window snipers overlooking the AB.

Finally, don't all spawn in the AB. The depots are most useful to get 'behind' the enemy. Lose them and we are all 'fish in a barrel'.

Someone else should post about taking FBs down, DFRUs and attacking tactics 'cos this is looking a bit like a rant now!

S! Axis

Dandare9

USE CAPS TOO TO GET PLAYER'S ATTENTION FOR URGENT SITUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a long time player, and have only played AXIS this year (I'm not a side switcher), I can tell you that HC is just a mess with AXIS.

There are times when we are over pop and don't even have a working AO! The armor just stinks also, as far as defensively.

But, the main problem is just it's just all out of order....chaos ensues most of the time. A sudden town "911" appears out of nowhere, where a town is taken all of a sudden.

I have played 12 years, but have never been HC, so I hate to rag on them...but it just seems all out of order and a pure mess.

+10 I cannot agree more.

There are a number if issues that have affected this campaign.

Spawn delay has been capped.

Axis player base has lost a lot of veteran players.

But in game I have noticed a number of players who have spawned equipment and gone afk for a considerable amount of time which skews spawn delay.

The response to an attack by allies has been abysmal at times. We have been almost down to our AB before anyone decides to come and defend, and this leads on to the next point.

We seem to have a large proportion of newer players who seem to not understand when one allied attack is dying off or has finished. These players fail to move rapidly to new developing attacks/defences elsewhere until it is far too late.

The basics are overlooked. With a few defenders it is not necessary to guard one CP at the expense of others. All players just need to run in and do a quick check and alert others if it is being capped allied.

AB camps : When there are enemy tanks at the gates I see dozens of tankers and infantry just drive out in front of waiting guns. CRS (bless them!) gave most of the infantry SMOKE CANNISTERS! Try using them to blind the tanks and enemy window snipers overlooking the AB.

Finally, don't all spawn in the AB. The depots are most useful to get 'behind' the enemy. Lose them and we are all 'fish in a barrel'.

Someone else should post about taking FBs down, DFRUs and attacking tactics 'cos this is looking a bit like a rant now!

S! Axis

Dandare9

USE CAPS TOO TO GET PLAYER'S ATTENTION FOR URGENT SITUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you overuse caps people will just ignore you. Be selective with it, but also crosspost your message to other appropriate channels. I'll post a .allied, then to side channel, squad coordination ops channel, and the ops channel. Basic comms is the best place to start. Marking, reporting something. Be adamant about getting someone to do something, be vocal about what's important. Sometimes it takes a while to get things going, but once you drill it enough you can hammer the message in.

Well...........looking at the Axis HC list they are very, very thin. Not sure if that's the reason more than a side pop issue. You could have 12 HC on and constantly be under pop and still not move the map. Numbers really help.

I think dandare hits the key points. The Allies have been blessed with a bevy of veteran players these past two maps. Not only has this resulted in a strong AHC, I think the biggest impact is simply having these Vet players in the field.

These guys know what towns are important and they know how to read the map and respond with little or no HC direction. They are already getting the FB's and rolling on the next town as the current attack is close to completion.

Further, when a CP falls on a key center town, defense will generally be there even at the expense of an ongoing attack. You can't be sticking with a balanced pop double double attack on a low value flank town like RIPS while the Allies are capping key center towns like Stadkyl, St Vith, and Clervaux with little or no defense. And this happened many times this map.

So as Dan points out, it is as much or even more about the players knowing what to do whether it is responding to a defense, knowing how to best break an AB camp, or whatever.

And at the end of the day, the momentum always seems to turn around as players come and go. So while we relish in a couple wins, we know it won't last ... it never does.

On the positive side, the Axis generally has the numbers to work with and there were some real flashes of brilliance this map like the epic multi-day defense of MonchenG. I can tell you the Allies were getting very frustrated with that :)

Well...........looking at the Axis HC list they are very' date=' very thin. Not sure if that's the reason more than a side pop issue. You could have 12 HC on and constantly be under pop and still not move the map. Numbers really help.[/quote']

I'd offer to help but as you can see from my join date I'm just a clueless noob with absolutely no experience.

I am an admitting new player and I am absolutely in love with this game. Although it is quite obvious that the teamwork has decreased over the years. Past YouTube videos have show everyone communicating on TS and helping cap with each other. I hope Axis can really turn it around because so far it's a no win situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am an admitting new player and I am absolutely in love with this game. Although it is quite obvious that the teamwork has decreased over the years. Past YouTube videos have show everyone communicating on TS and helping cap with each other. I hope Axis can really turn it around because so far it's a no win situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. I don't fully understand why spawn delay kicks in sometimes. Last night for example, I had 25 sec delay then when I enter world I instantly see 3-4 ei right there. Is there truly a big number difference I wonder?

Axis powers still have their moments though: let the Allies tremble!

S!

Wow, it's interesting to read a thread like this. Ahhh, the fond memories of TZ3 :D It looks like I was banned at just the right time for the game to go down in pop numbers and I wonder why? Drive away those who bring quality entertainment value to your userbase and you will end up with your current situation or worse but hey not everyone knows how to run a business, lol. Enjoy the current gameplay :rolleyes:

- Genthc

Edited by paloma1

Squad based game play was gutted. The majority of Axis players quit over various issues. We can barely defend most of the time let alone attack. That and we are crippled with crappy useless equipment.

This is a brutal game. The feeling of losing or of being out competed is really difficult to swallow

That and we are crippled with crappy useless equipment.

I know I have been away for a couple of years, but my understanding is that no serious changes have been made to the game in several years. What my take on the topic in this discussion is they are asking what changed since the winning streak two campaigns ago and the state of today. Three wins back to back is nothing to take for granted. With no changes to game mechanics or vehicles, they are discussing what changed. I do believe the argument based on the vehicles or game mechanics is not a logical one at this point in time due to the lack of changes.

I have played a little on both sides, and from what I have seen is the allied side has stepped up their organization towards us lone wolf players. When I log in on the axis side I have found it hard to locate any organized action, while on the allied side I have found it more. Playing under my other accounts to build rank, I have played a little on both sides and that is what I have noticed. Granted, I know this is not 100% of the time, and only when I logged in. I am sure that the organization around attacks is probably there on both sides at times, but when I have logged in, this is what I have noticed. Why this stuck with me was due to my memory of the axis organized attacks in the past, the difference between then and now made it stick out to me more. I do realize the game has changed since then so I have left an open mind, but I still believe the organization and motivation moves the map.

This is a brutal game. The feeling of losing or of being out competed is really difficult to swallow

I totally agree!

I can remember how I used to feel when my side was defeated. It sometimes felt like being stabbed with a knife. I was very loyal to the success of my team, and especially when it happened more than once in a row. When I was in leadership, I took the lost campaign as a failure on my leadership. I had this feeling through out my career in leadership within the game. Did not depend on my position, just felt that I could of done something more to help the team. So I agree, those loyal to their team do have feelings after a victory or loss.

I totally agree!

I can remember how I used to feel when my side was defeated. It sometimes felt like being stabbed with a knife. I was very loyal to the success of my team, and especially when it happened more than once in a row. When I was in leadership, I took the lost campaign as a failure on my leadership. I had this feeling through out my career in leadership within the game. Did not depend on my position, just felt that I could of done something more to help the team. So I agree, those loyal to their team do have feelings after a victory or loss.

I think Hg or Cosian described this game not as video gaming, but as a contact sport and it's true. Losing a campaign, or worse a series of campaigns, is a real challenge of your mental strength and character.

The best remedy for the dark moods is knowing that every one of us, Allied and Axis, has faced both defeat and victory many times. We've nearly all been in the rut and we've nearly all surfed the crest of the wave. The key is that when you're doing one, remember the other because it's waiting round the corner.

weird 2 maps ago you were on a 3 map winning streak :rolleyes:

#whiningnight

All it takes is AXIS get the side switchers back then we might win. Then they go allied and pow, a loss.

Let's please not overlook the four big squads that are playing Allied mostly now.

That translates to two or more coordinated attacks at the same time, and when you're underpop, as Axis always seems to be during prime time, you just can't manage defense against that for long.

One town is down to the AB, a 911 goes out, (or multiple 911s!) and as soon as players come in, they're camped and then the other AO gets a fresh surge from one of the other squads and BOTH towns fall. The result is devastating, and the AHC is (rightfully,) capitalizing on this.

When Axis IS overpop, it's late at night, EST... and while the Allies are asleep in their Hulk feety pajamas, dreaming of their indestructable S35s and Chars, and the player count is like, 100, we start to gain towns.

Of course, we lose them in TZ3, but whatever.

Balance?

There is no balance. Spawn delays are merely a telegraphed feint at balance.

Not effective when you have three times the playerbase on your side and half of them are on TS channels coordinating AOs.

Yeah, Axis can certainly tighten up, but nobody can repel overpop of THIS magnitude.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0