Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carvo

Can't play anymore (CTD). Please help!

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

Since I have updated my Mac (iMac 2,9 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Gforce GT750M 1GB VRAM) to MacOS 10.11 (El Capitan), I have major stability problems.

Very often the game made a CTD upon despawning. Since today the CTD happens instead of a spawn which means, that I can't play at all anymore.

I read in the forums, that a clean install could help. So I deleted the app file in the app folder (I actually tried that repeatedly).

But that doesn't solve the problem.

Are there any other (hidden) files, I should delete for a clean install?

Thank you very much in advance!

Carvo

Addition:

I discovered that if it happens, that the game CTDs upon spawn, I can do a restart of the Mac (restart of the game is not sufficient). Then I can at least play again, but the games mostly CTDs upon despawn. That means I have to restart the game after every despawn.

Something weird:

Sometimes after a despawn the game does not CTD, but shows the usual stuff (kills, points,...).

BUT: The background of the screen is very weird and shows something that looks like a character table with all the letters, numbers and symbols with the caracters in a size of maybe 1 inch. And with blinking/flickering effects. Very bizarre.

I suppose there's a general problem with MacOS 10.11 at the moment.

Just my observations....

Before you delete any other files pull up a file from the Library to find better and more accurate reason you are crashing.

Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Console

from there you will see a variety of options on the left hand side. On the top, search for ww2ol, wwiiol, and playnet. If nothing comes up you may just need to leave console open until you crash then cut and paste the readout. I have not crashed since in a very long time, therefore, I have no logs that I can show as an example.

There are additionally files that need to be removed for a clean install..

Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen. With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu. Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.

Once in the Library Menu goto

Caches -> com.playnet.wwiiol (and maybe come.plausiblelabs.crashreporter.data)

Preferences -> com.playnet.ww2ol.plist and com.wwiiol.plist

Although, it is likely that these deletions will not effect your game play.

Additionally, a few settings changes might improve stability. In settings on the playgate (where you enter your password) ensure you are using the "best connection" as well as have FSAA off.. I on my old iMac as well as this iMac I am using I have Capture All Displays selected. On my older iMac I had crashing issues with out it selected.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0