Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buckeyes

Goodbye to all Update: Buckeyes has passed away on 11/21/2015

151 posts in this topic

For the last two years i have been battling cancer. We had it beat and it would come back again and again it has in lamens terms spread thru my whole body im always in pain on alot of meds but its a battle that ive lost. I came back here cause i have had alot of good times and bad but its a great escape to forget whats coming. Everyone in my real life is so sad and drags me down but here ive friends that i can laugh with camp spawns with and tie on a good buzz with and for moments in my day i can forget and i want to thank you all for that the day is coming soon to damn soon that i wont be logging back into here or life yes ive come to terms with it and have said goodbye to my family friends and loved ones in my real life but knowing how i feel anymore which is getting bad i wanted to say goodbye to my friends and family in this game as well

IMG_40681_zpsx3w3jjzq.png

Edited by OHM

I am really sorry to hear this. As many here know that I went thru Chemo last year and i kinda know what you have been threw. I dont know what you are feeling now with this kind of news you have been given.

I want to say more but i find it hard as it is so close it what i put my family threw.

God bless you, buckeyes. Whether you want me to or not, I'll pray for you and wish you a wonderful journey.

I couldn't tell at all that you were going through this during the gameplay. You are a great HC and have helped out a lot.

Peace, Brother.

Man that sucks, was hoping that you had beaten it back. I hope that your last days are truly enjoyable and pain free.

I learned a lot from you throughout our stints in the HC. You will be missed.

Edited by b2k

It is a pleasure to be in this community with someone as honorable as you. I am at a loss for words, which everyone who knows me will tell you that is hard to do.

I will pray for you is all I can say.

Ah Buckeyes, i'm so sad to hear this :( I always enjoyed our virtual battles. You are a great competitor! God bless you and your family my friend.

C.

Buck you were always good to me when you were allied sorry to hear the news...but I will always remember you as a good teammate when we played together... my friend...

Had one really good run with you when you joined the 101st on teamspeak for an evening awhile back.

That was a lot of fun, brother. You'll be missed around here.

Take it easy, and enjoy your time with your loved ones.

Damn dude...

Well, we will just have to keep on having as much fun as we can until you have to move on.

You know I'll be here to share some laughs!

One thing that cancer hasn't done is mess up your map moves.

Good stuff there.

See you ingame til you can't.

S!

S! Buckeyes,

Honoured to spend many blearey-eyed nights with you drinking beer and talking strategy the last few campaigns. When it's your time, you will be sorely missed and never forgotten. We'll all cherish what time we have left with you and try to keep you in good spirits.

People like you are what this community is all about.

S! Bud,

Andrew "Todberg" Grenon

Axis CINC

I guess I won't cut your balls off now. :(

Maybe :)

Thank you for the goodbye. Most of us never get the chance to say that or hear it. If there's a bright side to your situation this is it.

S!

I have the greatest of respect for you Buck. A true gent and a fine leader.

The space you leave could never be filled.

Alex

S!, to my brother in arms and football.

With the utmost respect from a long time player and die-hard Wolverine fan.

Take care.

Granit

Damnit Buck !

I have great memories with you and the rest of 13th on TS.

I'm not good at this but let's just say that people come and go but there's those that whether they're around or not you never forget their names and what they were part of.

Hope dies last, as long as there's any chance left keep on fighting !

I'm genuinely chocked Buck. This is horrible news.

It's been a pleasure playing alongside you. You really will be missed brother.

S!

FU*K.

Not what i wanted to read ever.........but especially the first post of the day.

GL Buck, I know it can be a hard battle and all I can say is thanks for everything you have done for the WW2 online community.

Never forgotten, always remembered.

!s brother.

Jesus Buck. I'm speechless. Thank you for letting us know what's been happening for you. I always enjoyed our banter via side chat and such. I hope we get to touch base again in the near future.

Thanks for having the courage to open up to us like this.

Buck I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and I hope we as fellow players can make your time as good as any you've had on here.

S!

Buckeyes!

This is kind of a shock, wasn't aware, but glad I found this thread.

You always been a big part of 13th, and a good evening always began by hearing your voice on TS, giving all a big smile when you came in. Will never forget that.

And also your special playing style:

The other day you were attacking a town I was guarding, and the entire attack just "smelled" Buckeyes. And was right: "Killed by Buckeyes" :D

Oh damn many memories flashing back now *smiling* :cool:

Like the time you drove a truck into an enemy veh AB spawn, and even though tanks spawned out like crazy right next to you, no-one even noticed that Buck was sitting there, re-arming our troops.

SShot67_cropped.jpg

These kind of memories are the ones I will remember, and whatever happens now, Buck, no-one can take those memories away!

S!

****... and I was mad about some bridges yesterday when after realized you were not the MOIC ...

I also battled with tongue cancer and still never know about the future so really understand your situation. We have to go on in the way we want for the time we can!

S! and strong.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0