• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terran87

I'm new here

43 posts in this topic

I have played pc games for years and some very complex ones at that.

What can i expect other than the inevitable random and annoying deaths that every newb gets?.

I am fine with dated graphics Content>graphics.

Is this a game where i need to be using macros, targets overlays and editing my files or can i relax and just have fun?.

Thank you.

Welcome to the game! If you give the game a chance, it will give you years of excitement.

This game has a high learning curve.

Team Speak adds to the game for sure. You can always ask questions on the help channel in the game. Usually there are trainers available to help you. I found joining a squad when I first started helped me learn the game. We have some very knowledgeable players in the game who would be more than happy to help you. Do not be afraid to ask a question. The population is usually willing to help you. Even in the forums people can help you get your feet under you.

It's got depth, which is what i am all about.

The only way i can put this is that if i am patient enough to play and get far in Eve online, i have patience for any game lol.

I'll sub once i have gotten the hang of it as well (as standard).

If you have any questions feel free to ask here and someone will make sure you get the answer you need. Sounds like you will do great here. Once you get up to speed on how the game operates, you can get into the strategic aspect of the game through joining one of the High Commands. Some like to fight it out on the field, and some like to lead the bigger picture. This game has a lot to offer ya. Have fun and enjoy!

It's got depth, which is what i am all about.

The only way i can put this is that if i am patient enough to play and get far in Eve online, i have patience for any game lol.

I'll sub once i have gotten the hang of it as well (as standard).

In this game you actually gotta play if you want to get better. Not just wait around while your skills go up.

You can kill anyone, if you attack them with the good weapon, at the good distance and with a good angle. But some of the players you will go against have nearly 15 years of experience.

Patience is a thing.

Here you will also need humility.

Admit to yourself that you don't know everything right away. Some people come in and get frustrated when something happens that they don't understand.

"Hey, I shot that tank 8 times and then he shot me once! Why didn't he die?" Well, stuff like that can happen if you're attacking a heavier tank or if you're hitting the wrong part of the tank, or if you're too far away, etc, etc.

Play often and soak up the information. Like it was mentioned, it has a high learning curve, but it's so worth it when you pick it all up. Prepare to die a LOT though. Be patient!

Is this a game where i need to be using macros, targets overlays and editing my files or can i relax and just have fun?.

Thank you.

Macros ?.....not really needed, nope.

Target Overlays?.......probably against the TOS & EULA.....anyway they wouldn't really work in this game anyway with great accuracy. Various reasons why.

Editing files?........umm definitely no. Bannable.

Having fun?.........EXACTLY!!! YES. Hook up with a good squad, that's the best way.

Welcome to the jungle!

Files that can be edited and sometimes must be edited with text editor are keymaps.

I.e. incremental flaps for planes are done with keymap edits:

q

w

Files that can be edited and sometimes must be edited with text editor are keymaps.

I.e. incremental flaps for planes are done with keymap edits:

q

w

Sorry.......yes some files are allowed like the one mentioned above. Since you were talking about overlays and such I thought you were refering to files that alter the game client to help you have an "advantage"

Never listen to a guy with a german car brand for gametag.

Stop studying and get in game so I can virtually kill you. ;)

In this game you actually gotta play if you want to get better. Not just wait around while your skills go up.

You can kill anyone, if you attack them with the good weapon, at the good distance and with a good angle. But some of the players you will go against have nearly 15 years of experience.

Patience is a thing.

Here you will also need humility.

Waiting for skills to go up in Eve is a fraction of the game, much like simply killing people here is, i'd imagine.

But thanks.

Macros ?.....not really needed, nope.

Target Overlays?.......probably against the TOS & EULA.....anyway they wouldn't really work in this game anyway with great accuracy. Various reasons why.

Having fun?.........EXACTLY!!! YES. Hook up with a good squad, that's the best way.

Welcome to the jungle!

Yeah i don't want any of that and i'm glad it's not a thing.

Admit to yourself that you don't know everything right away. Some people come in and get frustrated when something happens that they don't understand.

"Hey, I shot that tank 8 times and then he shot me once! Why didn't he die?" Well, stuff like that can happen if you're attacking a heavier tank or if you're hitting the wrong part of the tank, or if you're too far away, etc, etc.

Play often and soak up the information. Like it was mentioned, it has a high learning curve, but it's so worth it when you pick it all up. Prepare to die a LOT though. Be patient!

I've been watching vids and know enough to get around (i think).

I play Arma 3 as well so i'm used to learning curves and dying a lot lol.

Waiting for skills to go up in Eve is a fraction of the game, much like simply killing people here is, i'd imagine.

But thanks.

Yeah but you still can't use X before grinding X, Y and Z skills (and much much more)

Here's its not like that.

You and me get to use the same weapons (as long a you got the necessary rank/account to have access to them, but its really not what I would call "a grind" as you can basically have access to every weapon before reaching officer ranks.). Even though I've been playing for much longer than you, if you use the same weapon than me, you have, in theory, the same attributes than me. I don't hit harder, I'm not more precise with it.

The only difference is in-game experience.

In EvE, skills points are a BIG BIG BIG factor in PvP combat. If you're playing let say frigates vs someone else an that person has much lower fregate skills than you, well you have a big big advantage. Even if you have the same ship. Its basically impossible, when you just started, to even hope to quickly reach the level the guys whom have been there from the start are playing on.

None of this crap in here.

Edited by Lob12

Yeah but you still can't use X before grinding X, Y and Z skills (and much much more)

Here's its not like that.

You and me get to use the same weapons (as long a you got the necessary rank/account to have access to them, but its really not what I would call "a grind" as you can basically have access to every weapon before reaching officer ranks.). Even though I've been playing for much longer than you, if you use the same weapon than me, you have, in theory, the same attributes than me. I don't hit harder, I'm not more precise with it.

The only difference is in-game experience.

In EvE, skills points are a BIG BIG BIG factor in PvP combat. If you're playing let say frigates vs someone else an that person has much lower fregate skills than you, well you have a big big advantage. Even if you have the same ship.

None of this crap in here.

Yeah i know that. It's a totally different game and my point was that Eve requires a lot of patience so i think i can handle this.

I'll be playing as British and to honour my great grandfather, operate a Sherman Firefly if possible. A regular Sherman will do though hehe.

I'll be playing as British and to honour my great grandfather' date=' operate a Sherman Firefly if possible. A regular Sherman will do though hehe.[/quote']

Hah there actually is the equivalent to the firefly in game. the S 76 for french and the m4a3 for american both have the 76.2 gun which is what the firefly used. S! I hope to see ya around bud

I have been playing for just over a year and love it. One thing I have developed is to "want to obliterate" the enemy (by that I mean putting everything into eliminating them after they knife you in the back :)), and the want fight with your side. I love this game. Even when I get die I just think well...that probably just made someones day...but look out cause I'm comin back!

Always glad to hear a new player!

Hah there actually is the equivalent to the firefly in game. the S 76 for french and the m4a3 for american both have the 76.2 gun which is what the firefly used. S! I hope to see ya around bud

Umm.

No.

17-pounder was a more powerful gun.

Sherman Firefly was THE most powerful AT Sherman, period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_17-pounder#Penetration_comparison

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/76_mm_gun_M1#Penetration_comparison

Really only the Pershing Super 90, the upper end German guns or some of the Soviet superguns were in it's category.

The M-36 Jackson/M-26 Pershing 90mm was the closest American production item to it.

Umm.

No.

17-pounder was a more powerful gun.

Sherman Firefly was THE most powerful AT Sherman, period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_17-pounder#Penetration_comparison

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/76_mm_gun_M1#Penetration_comparison

Really only the Pershing Super 90, the upper end German guns or some of the Soviet superguns were in it's category.

The M-36 Jackson/M-26 Pershing 90mm was the closest American production item to it.

Ah. I did some light googling before posting that and a few links said that the 17 pdr was equivalent to 76.2mm, so I kinda assumed they were the same. My mistake.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0