Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terran87

I'm new here

43 posts in this topic

I'll be playing as British and to honour my great grandfather' date=' operate a Sherman Firefly if possible. A regular Sherman will do though hehe.[/quote']

The game is steadily being developed...maybe a bit slowly, because CRS is a small company and the playerbase here is not huge like that of some of the mass market shooters.

But, there's been talk that when CRS next does a tank set, the likely candidates are the M36B1 90mm tank destroyer, the Panther, and the Sherman Firefly.

There's no schedule for that, so don't count on any particular timeline. But, it has been discussed by CRS.

In this game you actually gotta play if you want to get better. Not just wait around while your skills go up.

You can kill anyone, if you attack them with the good weapon, at the good distance and with a good angle. But some of the players you will go against have nearly 15 years of experience.

Patience is a thing.

Here you will also need humility.

You're almost to being a good, experienced player

Soon

Umm.

No.

17-pounder was a more powerful gun.

Sherman Firefly was THE most powerful AT Sherman, period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_17-pounder#Penetration_comparison

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/76_mm_gun_M1#Penetration_comparison

Really only the Pershing Super 90, the upper end German guns or some of the Soviet superguns were in it's category.

The M-36 Jackson/M-26 Pershing 90mm was the closest American production item to it.

Such a ****, Buzz Killington

Welcome!

A few pointers - grab a joystick if you don't own one for all vehicles. You "can" use the mouse, but a joystick is far superior.

Don't expect to jump in a plane and be an ACE pilot on your first day.

I have been flying/playing since 2005 and am still an average pilot. It is tough!

Don't fall into the "run straight to the objective" syndrome. That will only cause your spawns (FRU's) to be found faster.

Don't get discouraged! Have FUN and keep with it!

S!

Is this a game where i need to be using macros' date=' targets overlays and editing my files or can i relax and just have fun?.[/quote']

Depends on your personal sense of ethics.

Certain parts of this thread make me lulz.

I find macros and overlays to be serious business. Don't bring your lulz here, sir!

In all seriousness though, I am going to post this question again here and hope to get better results this time:

Dear CRS, is ReShade kosher for WW2OL?

oj_CIhhVsMw

I asked this question before over in the tech support forum and, rather than answering my question, CRS just deleted the entire thread. Poof.

It's a 3rd party graphic enhancer designed to make games look better and nothing more. That's all it is supposed to do: I've used on Fallout 4 (and a few other games) and it does exactly what it says on the box. It does make games look better. However, it also might have the potential to be used as an exploit if someone were to tweak the settings in exactly the right way.

I've been deliberately avoiding playing with it turned on because I find that thread deletion to be rather suspicious. Call me paranoid, but even a Gold Builder isn't immune to permaban over something that is ruled a straight-up "hack," and heck knows Doc would be popping champagne if they ever found an excuse to pin that charge on me.

Hopefully I'll get an actual answer this time.

When I started playing this game I had CS, it was 11 years ago and I'm still here.

It took me three days to kill my first enemy.

(The dynamics of the game was different

not AOs, brigades.....

Attacking any town and so players were scattered around the map

today is different

It is concentrated in some cities)

Welcome!!!

no matter what side to play on both find many friends.

sry (google translator)

S!

Edited by enemytank

IIRC my first kill was Hurricane, done with a Flak30.

If rumors are to be believed, it was the only aircraft kill made by a Flak30 in WW2OL history.

In all seriousness though, I am going to post this question again here and hope to get better results this time:

Dear CRS, is ReShade kosher for WW2OL?

I'll get this one answered, just because I'm curious myself.

Yes, it looks iffy. On one hand, it won't let you see anything that you couldn't see normally. No invisible bush nonsense. On the other hand, you could say that it can let you notice things that you might not otherwise have noticed by highlighting them. But on the other hand of that if everything is highlighted the same way, nothing is really going to stand out. Or will it?

Problem is the definition of "unfair advantage" is far too nebulous. If I buy a better graphics card that gives me twice the FPS as the other guy, is that an unfair advantage? If I switch to a 56K modem to jack my ping up past 2000 so that I can waltz through bullet storms without a scratch, is that an unfair advantage over all the poor cable sods who are such easy targets? If I buy a $100+ Flightmaster control rig do I have an unfair advantage over pilots stuck with $5 Wingmasters that they picked up in a garage sale? If I use track IR in a dogfight do I have an unfair advantage over everyone who doesn't? Actually that last one has been answered already, and the answer is "hells yes you do!" - yet somehow it remains perfectly legal. If I pop amphetamines to give myself inhuman reaction times is that an unfair advantage? If I log in and my side has 60 seconds of SD because we outnumber the enemy five-to-one is that an unfair advantage?

Oh well, that's e-sports for you.

I'll be playing as British.

Well, I was going to help BUT!! Just kidding :D

If you ever try the Axis side. I would love to help and new guys. Just do a .who jetmo to see if I'm online.

A few quick Tips. If you're Infantry:

Audio plays a big part, Listen carefully. Learn what makes what sounds. Crawling you will be very quiet while running you will be loud and attract the enemy. If you see a FRIENDLY MSP (mobile spawn point) Try to avoid it unless you need ammo, rearm discreetly as not to give away the location.

If you come across a Friendly ATG or Tank, try to provide security for them as they will draw all the attention you need for kills.

If you're taking cover in a bush, by the time you can see well. you are already exposed (Head/Gun)

Never just shoot to shoot, have a target or you will give your or a friendly's position away.

That's nothing in Tip's you will learn. There are many, many more that a Squad can teach you if they take the time to help the Player base.

Good luck and do not get frustrated. It's easier to laugh it off and take a .AFK break.

Good luck :) S!

Well, I was going to help BUT!! Just kidding :D

If you ever try the Axis side. I would love to help and new guys. Just do a .who jetmo to see if I'm online.

A few quick Tips. If you're Infantry:

Audio plays a big part, Listen carefully. Learn what makes what sounds. Crawling you will be very quiet while running you will be loud and attract the enemy. If you see a FRIENDLY MSP (mobile spawn point) Try to avoid it unless you need ammo, rearm discreetly as not to give away the location.

If you come across a Friendly ATG or Tank, try to provide security for them as they will draw all the attention you need for kills.

If you're taking cover in a bush, by the time you can see well. you are already exposed (Head/Gun)

Never just shoot to shoot, have a target or you will give your or a friendly's position away.

That's nothing in Tip's you will learn. There are many, many more that a Squad can teach you if they take the time to help the Player base.

Good luck and do not get frustrated. It's easier to laugh it off and take a .AFK break.

Good luck :) S!

And keep moving. There are no secret hiding spots in this game, you stick out like a sore thumb anywhere in the terrain

Join a squad and use TeamSpeak3, and get the Kryptonite overlay so you can see who is talking.

I cannot stress how much more the game is enhanced with direct communication with other players via TS3. If you stop to type you will die. (death by typing,) One still has to type from time to time, but TS reduces that while increasing your awareness through your squaddies.

Squaddies... team play is hugely important in this game. It's a lot more fun and exciting when you're working an AO/DO as a team.

I have played pc games for years and some very complex ones at that.

What can i expect other than the inevitable random and annoying deaths that every newb gets?.

I am fine with dated graphics Content>graphics.

Is this a game where i need to be using macros, targets overlays and editing my files or can i relax and just have fun?.

Thank you.

WELCOME!

and THANKS for asking!

1 question,

What kind of play/units you wanting to use?

Infantry, land, air, sea?

All of above??

Team work?

Lone wolf?

Command?

Grunt??

S!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0