• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bojackh

X55 Joystick Not Supported

8 posts in this topic

Running Windows 10 with a Saitek X55, which works well in other games (DCS World, Arma 3, Star Citizen etc etc).

Neither buttons nor axes work regardless of what i set as my "preferred device" in game controllers.

There have been similar posts going back to 2010. Any chance of this being resolved or is this a lost cause?

Edit: Oops, this was supposed to go into Community Support (Windows).

Edited by bojackh

I had problems with x55 and Windows 7.

I eventually got it working after some tricks. If i remember correctly i switched prferred device and managed to detect the controllers one by one.

Sadly it's not working for me :/

I've also tried running it in Windows XP and Windows 7 compatibility mode but have had no success.

I have a solution.

I've used a program called JoyID and moved the stick and throttle around to positions 2 and 3.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13009

And in the second post I found an interesting comment (from a developer of the Team Fusion mod for IL2 Cliffs of Dover) which may well explain why I've been having issues:

This tool has an effect only with games using the (old, deprecated) Win32_API for joysticks. Newer games (starting at least with IL-2 1946) probably use the DirectInput API which unfortunately ignores these IDs completely.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0