Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
bojackh

X55 Joystick Not Supported

bojackh

Running Windows 10 with a Saitek X55, which works well in other games (DCS World, Arma 3, Star Citizen etc etc).

Neither buttons nor axes work regardless of what i set as my "preferred device" in game controllers.

There have been similar posts going back to 2010. Any chance of this being resolved or is this a lost cause?

Edit: Oops, this was supposed to go into Community Support (Windows).

Edited by bojackh

fbucker

I had problems with x55 and Windows 7.

I eventually got it working after some tricks. If i remember correctly i switched prferred device and managed to detect the controllers one by one.

bojackh

Sadly it's not working for me :/

I've also tried running it in Windows XP and Windows 7 compatibility mode but have had no success.

bojackh

I have, neither axes nor button presses are being recognized.

OLDZEKE

Did you install the Saitek software for the stick?

bojackh

I have a solution.

I've used a program called JoyID and moved the stick and throttle around to positions 2 and 3.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13009

And in the second post I found an interesting comment (from a developer of the Team Fusion mod for IL2 Cliffs of Dover) which may well explain why I've been having issues:

This tool has an effect only with games using the (old, deprecated) Win32_API for joysticks. Newer games (starting at least with IL-2 1946) probably use the DirectInput API which unfortunately ignores these IDs completely.

Sign in to follow this