Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XOOM

1.34.14 Readme: New content, gameplay and more!

40 posts in this topic

It's been a busy month here at Cornered Rat Software' date=' as the team is integrating new content into the game engine preparing for a Christmas release. This week we'll share the 1.34.14 readme and also let you know we have some major improvements in the development pipeline that will boost your performance and game play experience. We're wishing you all a VERY Merry Christmas, and Happy new Year![/quote']

Will we ever see the mobile spawns survey? I am curious to know the results. I understood the data would be made public.

Anyway, I will adapt, I always do. But now I hope to see how LOADS of guys volunteer to drive TONS of trucks inbound the AOs, since 50% or so of community seemed to be super excited about this change. ;)

It will be very interesting to see how the attacks go with the MSPs and the defenders sitting waiting for them. :D

Btw, any word about decreasing the EWS range or the truck audios?

FRUs: I don't think this is a good idea. Now it will be hard to keep an ao active. This measure will stall main tz map movement, but not on tz3 where you can drive a truck at 400m of city without any trouble.

New weapons: any new material development it's good for the game, thank you programmers to keep working on it.

Sappers: i like this new class. I think it will be a great support class on fb busting.

F2P: i don't like the idea of not being able to create missions, at least defensive missions should be allowed to f2p. About limited smgs, i think it's great for new players, this way they will remain on game longer and there will be more odds of becoming a sub member.

FRUs:

I think next campaign is very a verly long campaign.

@erasmo

"Btw, any word about decreasing the EWS range or the truck audios?"

Interesting idea.

Sappers:

Interesting but for me i think so many Infantry class can now kill tanks, that many people dont play with tanks because it is to frustrating for him.

Really big tanks battle are rarely.

Sappers:

Interesting but for me i think so many Infantry class can now kill tanks, that many people dont play with tanks because it is to frustrating for him.

Really big tanks battle are rarely.

Tier 1 Matty

/thread

They are doing truck based frus as a test....i think its a great idea and will bring back zocs to a point they have not been in a looooong time....atgs/aaa/armor might stay alive awhile longer now and those areas of the game have been hurting for years....ews should DEFINITELY be looked at reductions so this can work properly

FRU: I am pretty sure I mentioned to Xoom once that I think the fru should remain as is, however, comma... there needs to be supply of the infantry version of them, say 2 from an HQ, 5 from an armored, and 10 from an inf... if a fru is deleted, moved within 10 minutes, or destroyed it counts against your supply. When you get to 0, no further fru's can be built by infantry, you are hosed. Truck frus are unlimited.

I think the truck msp's will be just the same as they were before, a mixed blessing. you think it's hard now to cap something against a perimeter defense? you aint seen $hit. I mean... the good thing to come of this is the gimmicks like putting like 3 fru in the alamo AB or right up the ass of a tank will be gone.

Weapons: I am all for new weapons, I just want the arena somewhere in the neighborhood of being balanced. Having a mas40 that sucks and having to fend off g41's with enfields, lolz. Don't you dare bring up the matty either, that thing is the rarest of all units in the whole of the game essentially, the g41 hangs around like the plague for eons. It's nice touch the axis will have a bit of access to their BAR type weapon outside the airfields, however colored me skeptical of the "limited number" part =p

Sappers: I would much rather the ATR kept their heat charge esp with the fru's demise... as we all know how hard it is to actually do something useful in combat with the ATR itself... however I see where this is going and I will reserve judgement.

F2P: whatever, we need new blood and I wouldn't be opposed to like a "earned" premium, like every 250 rifle kills gets you a day of premium sub or some such, if CRS can swing something similar, that would be a thought.

As far as other things on my personal wishlist: Other than the bugs, lag, and general warpy feel of the inf play... I have longed for a mechanic that made FB's invincible if all 3 pieces of the link were intact, meaning you had the spawn in the town you were attacking. As well as rewarding FB busts with a limited duration despawn point with access to enemy gear and a SEVERE penalty to the linking supply of the busted FB, im talking like 25 riflemen destroyed. Pipe dreams under the current engine I suppose, and I have more ideas... but this post has rambled on long enough.

I am happy CRS is actively trying things though. "Do something, even if it's wrong."

I am happy CRS is actively trying things though. "Do something' date=' even if it's wrong."[/quote']

Very Glad you have made that point! If we just sit and argue over the best way we will never know! So if we try it and it doesnt work then we will know. But at least we cant be blamed for not trying anything!

Very Glad you have made that point! If we just sit and argue over the best way we will never know! So if we try it and it doesnt work then we will know. But at least we cant be blamed for not trying anything!

lol

It has been for years and did not work!

lol

It has been for years and did not work!

Different players population then before. We can sit and do nothing or we can sit and try stuff.

Bravo CRS! Christmas returns to BGE. Totally right call on truck placed spawns. Never happy about more tanking killing infantry, but going back to truck based MSPs/FRUs will keep the ninjas from roaming the countryside. I support the change. I suspect the new multi-purpose Sapper will become the veteran soldier of choice.

Positives: ZOCs return to the game. ATGs become survivable again. We have a sense of frontlines. Defenders will be at the advantage (as they should be) and the underpopulated side will be able to defend better. (We need the underpopulated side to be more effective for the good of the game.). CAS pilots become important again. (*cough* Ammo). Teamwork becomes more important.

Cons: More tank killing infantry. Attacking becomes more difficult without magical teleporting armies. FRUs have to be defended. Some unhappy players. For those of you who are unhappy with this change, keep in mind the current trajectory of the game. Something has to be done to bring old players back and encourage new players to stay and to play the underpopulated side. CRS is taking a risk here, but to stay on the path we are on only has one outcome. Also, I don't recall any complaints about truck based MSPs and UMSs when they were in the game. Attacks still suceeded, they were just more difficult. Attacking is supposed to be hard.

Tank players approve this change.

is bad ML put a fru-side your tank and sap

I also am tank player but this change will end the attacks...

Would like an upgraded Stuka JU87D-5 model for late tier war. Because some of us enjoy flying CAS.

Improvements: 20mm FF MG. Bigger bomb load. Bigger motor. Upgraded rear defense gun.

Should be as easy as changing a few values no?

Edited by sw25th

They are doing truck based frus as a test....i think its a great idea and will bring back zocs to a point they have not been in a looooong time....atgs/aaa/armor might stay alive awhile longer now and those areas of the game have been hurting for years....ews should DEFINITELY be looked at reductions so this can work properly

I concur.

I have played both systems and have come to the conclusion that the present game mode provides good infantry play but at a real cost to the tank, AT gun and tactics side of the game. Truck only FRUs require a bit more work for the attacker to maintain an attack but overall produces a far better game play IMHO.

Tank players approve this change.

is bad ML put a fru-side your tank and sap

I also am tank player but this change will end the attacks...

Why do you say this?

We have had truck only placed FRUs and they NEVER stopped an attacker attacking successfully in the past. It does make the game more tactical for both the attacker and defender. It also requires a little more work from the attacker to keep FRUs up but it also allows them to establish zones of control outside of the objective giving them an area where heavy weapons can survive and dominate.

At the moment too many attacks just turn into un-ending infantry skirmishes until the smaller side gets rolled or one side runs out of troops or a will to keep fighting. This game mechanic has led to campaigns becoming very short too often.

With two accounts I can single handedly keep an attack going for ages. I create two missions (one for each account) and spawn a truck and an infantryman. Infantryman jumps onto the truck and I drive them to town and deploy two FRUs. I despawn the truck and respawn an infantryman. My second account infantryman runs off to hide whilst my main account plays or defends a FB. My second account is there purely to constantly re-create a FRU every time it gets destroyed and because it does not fight it can stay alive for ages. You get a couple of players doing this and good luck to the defender trying to repel that attack if numbers are even or against him.

Why do you say this?

We have had truck only placed FRUs and they NEVER stopped an attacker attacking successfully in the past. It does make the game more tactical for both the attacker and defender. It also requires a little more work from the attacker to keep FRUs up but it also allows them to establish zones of control outside of the objective giving them an area where heavy weapons can survive and dominate.

At the moment too many attacks just turn into un-ending infantry skirmishes until the smaller side gets rolled or one side runs out of troops or a will to keep fighting. This game mechanic has led to campaigns becoming very short too often.

With two accounts I can single handedly keep an attack going for ages. I create two missions (one for each account) and spawn a truck and an infantryman. Infantryman jumps onto the truck and I drive them to town and deploy two FRUs. I despawn the truck and respawn an infantryman. My second account infantryman runs off to hide whilst my main account plays or defends a FB. My second account is there purely to constantly re-create a FRU every time it gets destroyed and because it does not fight it can stay alive for ages. You get a couple of players doing this and good luck to the defender trying to repel that attack if numbers are even or against him.

I'm sorry but you're dreaming too high...

but I hope you're right!

FRU change is the big one. It'll be interesting to see if we get the huge numbers of players back that it has been claimed were driven away by inf placed FRUs.

FRU change is the big one. It'll be interesting to see if we get the huge numbers of players back that it has been claimed were driven away by inf placed FRUs.

....probably players who only play tank....

I think CRS is doing just the opposite that should do (FRU only with truck)

we have low population.

I think each mission could have 2 fru...

Not %100 sure what to think about everything, but I truly appreciate the effort! I do really like the the part about F2P have limited sub-machine guns. We shall see the result of everything soon enough...

Either way, the battle for Europe will continue!

Hello again.

I am just a little confused with this. The process describe above currently works. As far as I can see under the “Truck Placed FRUs” regime this will be impossible as Infantry will no longer be able to place FRUs.

My understanding is that when a FRU is destroyed you will need to bring another truck, from wherever, to replace the FRU. This in turn will make the job of the attacker just that little more difficult as they will be the ones who need to get the FRUs to the AO target to maintain the Attack.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0