• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XOOM

1.34.14 Readme: New content, gameplay and more!

40 posts in this topic

It may also get more people involved.

Spawn a truck, drive it in setup FRU.

At least we'll see some of the extinct ATG's make their return to the game.

CRS just needs to do something for squad play now.

Squad missions?

Squads are the ones who are going to recruit and get players to stay and subscribe.

Edited by Pittpete

i just think like some previous poster have mentioned, not enough players to support this idea to go back to truck spawning again. Good idea but not enough players, could get boring. i to want to see all these truck drivers now.

Hello again.

I am just a little confused with this. The process describe above currently works. As far as I can see under the “Truck Placed FRUs” regime this will be impossible as Infantry will no longer be able to place FRUs.

My understanding is that when a FRU is destroyed you will need to bring another truck, from wherever, to replace the FRU. This in turn will make the job of the attacker just that little more difficult as they will be the ones who need to get the FRUs to the AO target to maintain the Attack.

Cheers

I think you are right. I was confused to. A dual account could however keep a truck hidden nearby in order to re-establish an attack platform. I hear your concerns about it being more difficult to set an MSP the only consolation being defenders will have a similar handicap and once destroyed they will have to try and place a defensive MSP with a truck. Attacking should always have the onus for difficulty regardless of population levels that is just simple military logistics. However some additional changes will have to be made to allow attackers a much more robust MSP and delivery vehicle for it to sing.

I am glad there are changes coming. It is one of the reasons I came back.

Suggestion though. You have all of these nice Intermissions between campaigns, why not use them as your testing grounds while things are being reset for the next campaign?

Suggestion though. You have all of these nice Intermissions between campaigns' date=' why not use them as your testing grounds while things are being reset for the next campaign?[/quote']

The biggest reason is it wouldn't tell us anything useful: Players act differently during intermission, and the biggest question surrounding gameplay changes is how players will act. For example, whether this FRU change is a disaster or improves the game immensely depends entirely on what players do with it: Players could pick up the ball and coordinate attacks like they have in the past, or players could fail to adapt and keep relying on single players to place FRUs. Unfortunately, the only way to actually know what will happen is to actually put it in the game and find out.

- Sapper

This doesn't make sense, first this class is somewhat unrealistic. Second it's redundant.

The reason previous rats change this was because they wanted a unique class for building and demolition and one to blow up tanks. (so that people didn't use the sapper to blow up tanks and then there weren't none left to blow FB's and vice-versa)

And since ATR (Anti-Tank Rifle) was the last class that was left on the pool and people only use it because it had a pistol vs infantry. Also 80%+ Tanks can't be kill by the AT Rifle, they added one Heat Satchel.(if the problem was with the limitation of 1 HEAT satchel then they should given 1 more)

- FRU/MS

I share the same thoughts has Rise on this thread, FRU is a necessity at the present time with the lost of population, big squads and that truck Mobile Spawns were always too easy to destroyed or spot, really hurt low pop timezones or sides with less coordinated efforts.

FRU has a higher chance to create content since you can easily deploy, advance or reposition the MS according the situations on the ground.

(Without turning off EWS for trucks and reducing audio to 100m, this change is going to be ugly)

- F2P

Has shown since it's inception no one at the RatHQ knows a thing about F2P systems. Despite already having people who work on implementing F2P and telling how bad and unbalanced their choices were.

F2P needs to be allowed to capture, have binos(rank 1 unlock) and have the ability to create missions and pilot Transport planes so they can generate content, they also should have access to 1 AA/ 1 ATG / 1 Tank and 1 Plane to give them a fighting chance against these and experience or have a taste of this equipment unique gameplay.

So giving SMG wont make F2P generate any more content only making them better at killing infantry.

Not having more content for players and paying players to enjoy, less players ->less content -> less subscribers..

- New Weapons - Nothing wrong here.

Edited by pbveteran

A letter to the Rats,

You have a great game, and with the gaming world filled with so many free-to-play (FTP) games it's hard to jump into a game, even when it only cost a few bucks a month. So I applaud you when you decided to add FTP as an option to your game. As an old veteran of this game I would love to come back, and maybe bring some friends and family, even if only I had a paying account and they were FTP, that would be fun.

BUT, there is ONE factor that the FTP soldier needs…the ability to capture.

You are right that FTP accounts should only being able to use basic weapons like a rifle or SMG, but the fact that they are playing a soldier and cannot log on for a little fun and even be able to affect the capture of a town is what is keeping me and others from filling the ranks of this game.

So if you like giving your customers a game filled with other players, I strongly suggest you add the missing ability of "Base Capture" to your FTP accounts. Your battles will be more populated, leading to more realistic engagements, which leads to happier and even more customers…and isn't that what all businesses want?

Sincerely,

Panzer5

A letter to the Rats,

You have a great game, and with the gaming world filled with so many free-to-play (FTP) games it's hard to jump into a game, even when it only cost a few bucks a month. So I applaud you when you decided to add FTP as an option to your game. As an old veteran of this game I would love to come back, and maybe bring some friends and family, even if only I had a paying account and they were FTP, that would be fun.

BUT, there is ONE factor that the FTP soldier needs…the ability to capture.

You are right that FTP accounts should only being able to use basic weapons like a rifle or SMG, but the fact that they are playing a soldier and cannot log on for a little fun and even be able to affect the capture of a town is what is keeping me and others from filling the ranks of this game.

So if you like giving your customers a game filled with other players, I strongly suggest you add the missing ability of "Base Capture" to your FTP accounts. Your battles will be more populated, leading to more realistic engagements, which leads to happier and even more customers…and isn't that what all businesses want?

Sincerely,

Panzer5

They took away F2P capture ability too? That's a mistake imo.

Free players have had the ability to capture for sometime. Please feel free to ask us some questions, we have a pretty open atmosphere these days and we'd love to be sure you get the right information.

S!

Are you guys sure about F2P not being able to cap anymore? I'm pretty sure they didn't remove that. You can also still make missions as F2P, but you need to be rank 3. You just can't place FRUs anymore because you need a truck which is locked for us.

- F2P

Has shown since it's inception no one at the RatHQ knows a thing about F2P systems. Despite already having people who work on implementing F2P and telling how bad and unbalanced their choices were.

F2P needs to be allowed to capture, have binos(rank 1 unlock) and have the ability to create missions and pilot Transport planes so they can generate content, they also should have access to 1 AA/ 1 ATG / 1 Tank and 1 Plane to give them a fighting chance against these and experience or have a taste of this equipment unique gameplay.

So giving SMG wont make F2P generate any more content only making them better at killing infantry.

Not having more content for players and paying players to enjoy, less players ->less content -> less subscribers..

You should keep in mind CRS don't even have to have F2P available. They do it because A) They want people to be able to try out the game before they get a subscription and B) People used to abuse the crap out of the 2-week trials. F2P is basically a luxury for those of us who aren't subscribed. You can whine all you want, but at the end of the day you're not helping fund the game, so why should they care about catering to you? They have had plenty of campaigns in the past where multiple units were available for F2P. There was a camp where F2P had access to Rifle, SMG, Mortar, and Grenadier for inf; Two of the lower-tier tanks, the Bofors, and an additional plane to fly. They tend to change it up every couple months or so.

To be fair F2P also only make up a fraction of the playerbase. Maybe about 20-25% of players are free players, so once again they have no real reason to cater to us when they are trying to make their customers happy. Come the Steam release(which I assume will coincide with 1.35), there are going to be a ton of people flocking in, and obviously they are going to be free players at first. I'm sure once there are a lot more free players again CRS will unlock more units for us, but their priority is always going to be paying members.

To be honest your entire post was just a rant. I wish some of you complainers actually gave some constructive criticism instead of just ragging on the Rats. If you have a complaint, at least have a suggestion or something of the matter instead of just venting your anger on them.

- F2P

Not having more content for players and paying players to enjoy, less players ->less content -> less subscribers...

Agree with you. F2P model it's highly untapped on this game.

OK I got it wrong then, I'll try it out and see if I can capture, but during the last welcome back soldier event, I had my Old account active and my son had a FTP account and he sat in a base for some time with no capturing happening.

See you all on the battlefield tonight!

:)

P5

"You can whine all you want, but at the end of the day you're not helping fund the game, so why should they care about catering to you? "

Because if they get more people playing, that makes the game more immersive for their paying customers.

Just like when I play World of Tanks...not everyone has a paying account, but the servers are always full with people to battle with.

I would have thought that was obvious...

The BGE FTP account is not a true FTP game model from my point of view. It is more like a Demo account so players can make informed decisions about whether they should subscribe. I would agree a FTP or Demo account should have access to at least one plane, one tank and one boat to play with along with a rifle and an smg. They should have binoculars if for no other reason than to view the battlefield better and understand the game more. They are able and should be able to capture. Mission creation just might be the magic carrot though to get a FTP/Demo player to pay basically 5 dollars a month for additional access and the ability to create missions even if that curtails overall content some.

I would prefer that CRS refer to the FTP account more accurately as a Demo account and let players decide if they are satisfied playing the Demo as a FTP option or possibly subscribe add content and in a minimal way add financial stability to a game that the player has demonstrated a desire to add content to. But it's CRSs business model and CRSs marketing decision to make not mine.

Edited by stonecomet

The BGE FTP account is not a true FTP game model from my point of view. It is more like a Demo account so players can make informed decisions about whether they should subscribe. I would agree a FTP or Demo account should have access to at least one plane, one tank and one boat to play with along with a rifle and an smg. They should have binoculars if for no other reason than to view the battlefield better and understand the game more. They are able and should be able to capture. Mission creation just might be the magic carrot though to get a FTP/Demo player to pay basically 5 dollars a month for additional access and the ability to create missions even if that curtails overall content some.

I would prefer that CRS refer to the FTP account more accurately as a Demo account and let players decide if they are satisfied playing the Demo as a FTP option or possibly subscribe add content and in a minimal way add financial stability to a game that the player has demonstrated a desire to add content to. But it's CRSs business model and CRSs marketing decision to make not mine.

The game should be as it was in the past, 15 day full access after that your account would be demoted to the current FTP.

It was with the old system that I learn to play the game which I began to enjoy more and more and eventually subscriber for a couple years.

It also helped get my friends in the game and we could try and participate on anything without blockers.

Plus I know one guy that made a game with that system, premium for 2 week and then it becomes free, he become a millionaire even I payed.

With 2 Weeks you learn to play since with everything it's easier then when it's gone since you already know what you are missing and how good everything is, you are more likely to subscribe.. This is the best new player conversion method and if I ever make an online game I will use this model.

@panzer55555

After the new year I could Cap, Use Binos and make missions just not FRUs.

Edited by pbveteran

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0