• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
ou812

Why isn't this game more popular??

165 posts in this topic

My reasons for coming and going over the years.

Infantry play in towns is HORRIBLE! I don't mind dying, but when I put a full clip into someone before they fire a shot, I shouldn't die and they live. That is the netcode and syncing of the account to the server in the background.

Graphics. While they have never been that big of a deal to me, to anyone coming in for the first time, it is evident that the graphics are lagging behind the times.

Supply. While the original intent of the TOE was to limit supply and increase realism, it didn't get scaled down when the population dwindled, so now there is too much supply, all the time.

And finally, Spawn Camping. Unfortunately, the nature of the spawn capture systems infers that you MUST spawn camp in order to take a town and to push the subsequent towns thereafter. This unfortunately leads to the underpop side getting spawn camped the most, and mass loggings from feeling like there is nothing that can be done.

It would require a lot of extra work to customize the chat system to add an additional step, for non-English speakers to choose a native chat language channel. It may come in time, but likely not any time soon.

Just as worldwide, air traffic control has one language (English) which is used universally, so do most games. More players from multiple other countries speak, read, and generally understand English than any other language. This is, in part, due to American television and movies being circulated worldwide. It's not perfect, but there may not be a workable solution which would be practical anytime soon.

As a non-native English speaker, you just have to keep reaching out to other players, on the forums and ingame, if you see someone who shares your language. Spread the word and keep seeking out those new players. It is VERY much appreciated by other players, myself included. I'm sure most of us would help if we could, but we can't.

S!

-Irish

It would require a lot of extra work to customize the chat system to add an additional step' date=' for non-English speakers to choose a native chat language channel. It may come in time, but likely not any time soon. [/quote']

Not realy the game know that i live in germany. My ingame language in the settings and the Manuel is from beginnig in german. If now only one chat channel is chance to the custom channel 57 at start everthing is fine.

Edited by sajuk

I don't mind dying, but when I put a full clip into someone before they fire a shot, I shouldn't die and they live. That is the netcode and syncing of the account to the server in the background.

And finally, Spawn Camping. Unfortunately, the nature of the spawn capture systems infers that you MUST spawn camp in order to take a town and to push the subsequent towns thereafter. This unfortunately leads to the underpop side getting spawn camped the most, and mass loggings from feeling like there is nothing that can be done.

Point A- I think everyone here feels this, and I am excited over the promise that this is fixed in 1.35. At this point I do not want to get over excited, it is computer coding and in a complicated environment, but from what I am hearing it is looking very good.

Point B- It is funny that you bring up the spawn camping, I was thinking yesterday about how it was not as big of issue as it was in the old days. The majority of ABs and Spawnables are arranged and designed in the way which I am able to get out in most cases. To totally lock down something, it takes many more now. Even then, the tanks are able to be taken care of easier with the load outs now. I think I have been locked down maybe three times in the last three months. Those the enemy had already worked the town over, supply was very low, and it was just a matter of seconds before town was going to fall. This is much better than the old days.

I think I have been locked down maybe three times in the last three months. Those the enemy had already worked the town over' date=' supply was very low, and it was just a matter of seconds before town was going to fall. This is much better than the old days.[/quote']

That is more a function of decreased density of players available in a specific spot and not any significant 'new' effect other then FRUs, which work both ways for offense pouring in but defense getting out and flanking/FRU hunting.

Late at night I can get away with ATG ops I can't during a primetime battle, even now.

Im sure it wont be easy to code/recode but stop making this game so complicated for a few HC nuts that want to become master of the universe.

As I have said over and over, AOs were not welcomed by us, and I was there at the time, I know EXACTLY what AHC mindset was about those things.

ToEs are needed, for variability if nothing else, and town supply ain't it.

I don't buy the 'I just wanna fight' mantra, at all, what is really desired is being organized to guarantee a win before the enemy starts spawning in, then finishing. AOs and ToEs do interfere with the 'speed of squads', no question.

I'd trade a Dinker, a Badger, a Deadlock, a Shilling and even a Hellmann for what we have today. No offense meant, but leaders need to be leading attacks not pointing the herd to a spot and yelling GO,GO,GO!!!!

No question about battlefield leaders, I've consistently pointed out the speed of squads business, but the one thing you and your ilk continue to ignore is what happens when the above sort of leaders are NOT around, which is going to be most of the time.

What you are describing is a completely squadcentric game, and if one's squad is not on or an open leader like Deadlock was, or worse you are on the opposite side of such a person with no leader on your side to counter, it sucks so very badly.

You gotta think about ALL the players not just 'your' game.

My game is better than the game we have now.

I don't buy the 'I just wanna fight' mantra, at all, what is really desired is being organized to guarantee a win before the enemy starts spawning in, then finishing. AOs and ToEs do interfere with the 'speed of squads', no question.

Last i checked this was a fighting game and why shouldnt organization be rewarded? 20 organized players will most likely take the objective vs. 20 unorganized every time.

You and your ilk are so afraid of squads and the organization they bring with them. Why are you so against small battles/skirmishes in the game?

Why does every fight have to be a big set piece battle orchestrated by some possible control freak who read a pdf and passed a cyber leadership test?

Mission leaders don't solve the problems.

HC tools won't solve the problems.

AOs,TOES and all the other limitations CRS destroyed their game with over the years hasnt fixed the problems.

Simplify the gameplay

Simplify the UI

Fix the bugs and lag deaths/offset

Bring back squad missions

Please new CRS don't listen to the players that convinced you to head down this road in the first place.

No question about battlefield leaders, I've consistently pointed out the speed of squads business, but the one thing you and your ilk continue to ignore is what happens when the above sort of leaders are NOT around, which is going to be most of the time.

What you are describing is a completely squadcentric game, and if one's squad is not on or an open leader like Deadlock was, or worse you are on the opposite side of such a person with no leader on your side to counter, it sucks so very badly.

You gotta think about ALL the players not just 'your' game.

This is an incredibly squadcentric game it's just that there's only one squad allowed to do anything, it's run by the company, it's led by people that filled out some form instead of natural leaders and it's called HC. Big old squads could make someone feel left out but they were player made and voluntary, HC is coded in to the game so they can force you to go somewhere else or even keep you from spawning in to the game. HC has more power than the largest megasquad leader and you can't really get more exclusive than requiring company approval to be in it. Not having HC or competent HC online is infinitely worse that any imbalance made between player squads.

So you have this squad but unlike megasquads of old or typical MMO guilds, HC operates to the explicit detriment of every other player in the game. It's not some niche playstyle(say paratrooper drops or tank rushing towns) there's just no way to accommodate a guy that wants to play general without giving him the ability to coerce other players directly or indirectly. Coercion does not work in a recreation service and that's why both large hardcore squads as well as more casual and new players aren't in the game, and also why you can't even fill your own ranks of HC. So I think it's time to stop pretending that HC is protecting the fun of all players when it's obviously just satisfying a handful and driving everyone else off.

To get back to the OP's question if a player gets beyond the graphics, the performance, the bugs, the price and the population they'll quickly see they can't do anything in this game without HC. By design the game has limited itself to a demographic of a few dozen people(those that legitimately enjoy being HC) and that's why it struggles with popularity while a wide variety of niche war games have thousands of players.

Of course when you are in HC you are not allowed to be in a Squad - is that right David01?

This is exactly why I DO play here...no pay to win and no buffed equipment that makes people who pay for the best stuff into super soldiers.

-Irish

Agreed.

The only things I find to be a positive on H&G are faction lock and armor gameplay.

Faction lock is a good idea and would cut out the paranoids that speak of spies all of the time. I played Axis about three years straight on WW2 Online much of it in BK squad. Now, I am playing Allied. I don't switch and doubt most others do. Administration should consider locking a player to a side for the duration of the war.

The armor in H and G has one principal advantage and that is the ability for the player to bail out of a damaged vehicle and continue on foot. I also wouldn't mind seeing some other vehicles added, such as: Jeep, Kubelwagen, Axis motorcycle with sidecar. I know we can't have every vehicle that was fielded but these few seem essential.

The idea of modding weapons is absurd. You get what the armory has...no special sights, internals, etc. That's one thing I don't understand about H and G but I guess they cater to the COD type players.

Despite dated graphics and other issues like clipping, this game remains the premier WW2 game precisely because of what the OP said-massive map, true supply issues that HC has to contend with, massive battles and all equipment being player controlled. I dont mention AI towers because most of us rarely die by them. It's the substance of the game that makes it great, not graphics or pay to win. I'm glad it has stayed the way it has.

I have been away for a while and had player tell me the other night that frus have to be truck delivered....I sure liked walking fru in. Never had much luck in a truck without getting shot up no matter how careful I was.

Anyway, the longevity of the game proves that it has a successful formula. I think player base will grow, but slowly. Those who stick out the learning curve come to love the game.

Oh, and the best thing of all (IMO) is that there are no "matches". Whoever shows up to a battle, shows up.

The only game comparable to this is Planetside. Planetside 1 was quite similar but is pretty much a dead game and as far as I can tell receives 0 development since Planetside 2 is out.

Planetside 2 is a heavily dumbed down version of Planetside 1 where the maps are considerably smaller and more emphasis was put on satisfying gameplay than on strategic meta game. It's very fun in small amounts, but after playing it for a week or two you'll invariably come to the realization that it's a glorified death match. The game has no real supply component other than marginal cooldowns, so whoever spams the most wins. This is certainly fun in the moment due to the large battles that erupt, but due to the small size of the map and the absence of supply lines, the game quickly feels pointless, at least to me. Any ground you gain one day is immediately lost another day. There's no long term progression unless all you care about is your kill-death ratio. The graphics and gameplay blow WWII Online out of the water, but at the end of the day this is just a novelty, and the game doesn't have the staying power that WWII online does.

The only game comparable to this is Planetside. Planetside 1 was quite similar but is pretty much a dead game and as far as I can tell receives 0 development since Planetside 2 is out.

Planetside 2 is a heavily dumbed down version of Planetside 1 where the maps are considerably smaller and more emphasis was put on satisfying gameplay than on strategic meta game. It's very fun in small amounts, but after playing it for a week or two you'll invariably come to the realization that it's a glorified death match. The game has no real supply component other than marginal cooldowns, so whoever spams the most wins. This is certainly fun in the moment due to the large battles that erupt, but due to the small size of the map and the absence of supply lines, the game quickly feels pointless, at least to me. Any ground you gain one day is immediately lost another day. There's no long term progression unless all you care about is your kill-death ratio. The graphics and gameplay blow WWII Online out of the water, but at the end of the day this is just a novelty, and the game doesn't have the staying power that WWII online does.

The main problem with planetside 2 for me is that the map can be captured when you go to the toilet lol. In BE the campaign lasts 7-60 days. That's its strength imo, it makes it like those addictive 24/7 browser games.

Unless you live under a rock these are just a few problems out of the top of my head, some were based on the comments I receive from a few friends I invite a while back.

1 - Graphics

2 - No good ingame tutorials

3 - Robot bulletproof A.I.

4 - No ability to enter/exit Vehicles/Guns

5 - No ability to Fix Vehicles

6 - No ability to Replace dead crew members

7 - 18$ USD monthly sub

8 - No ability to cross over obstacles

9 - Very deficient and opaque damage models especially in tanks

10 - Piloting curve is astronomic, should have Warthunder RB with vis over cockpit only

11 - Bad and low quality sounds

12 - Keyboard config for tanks could still be improved

13 - Piloting with the exception of para planes is impossible without joystick

14 - Lag

15 - Low Performance

16 - No built in squad or teamwork tools, like setting objectives rewarding going to X place, following orders, voice commands...

17 - Bad physics

18 - When you see a player shooting at something you are not actually seeing the real place where the round is landing.

19 - Elite(not accessible for everyplayer) and very lacking but very demanding strategy layer

20 - No MG42

21 - Very deficient F2P

22 - No ingame stats

23 - Ranks lack perks

Also spending money on marketing will yield few to no results, the game by many standards could be consider broken or in an Alpha stage plus in many aspects is outdated.

Edited by pbveteran

Well is all the problems was fixed MANY more will stay and play.

The way the marketing is done and I have offer help in Europe to Xoom , and CRS and he has never taken the it up.

The historical in game is wrong and I have 41 years experience in WW2 and also offer it to xoom and CRS and there tell the has one and I most say he need to study more and the right books to :)

I hope CRS will listen to some there can help and begin to understand business model for it is not bad only the wrong guys there handle the development.

Unless you live under a rock these are just a few problems out of the top of my head, some were based on the comments I receive from a few friends I invite a while back.

1 - Graphics

7 - 18$ USD monthly sub

10 - Piloting curve is astronomic, should have Warthunder RB with vis over cockpit only

14 - Lag

15 - Low Performance

16 - No built in squad or teamwork tools, like setting objectives rewarding going to X place, following orders, voice commands...

17 - Bad physics

18 - When you see a player shooting at something you are not actually seeing the real place where the round is landing.

19 - Elite(not accessible for everyplayer) and very lacking but very demanding strategy layer

20 - No MG42

21 - Very deficient F2P

22 - No ingame stats

23 - Ranks lack perks

Also spending money on marketing will yield few to no results, the game by many standards could be consider broken or in an Alpha stage plus in many aspects is outdated.

THAT is so true and right ::) GREAT post

Well is all the problems was fixed MANY more will stay and play.

The way the marketing is done and I have offer help in Europe to Xoom , and CRS and he has never taken the it up.

The historical in game is wrong and I have 41 years experience in WW2 and also offer it to xoom and CRS and there tell the has one and I most say he need to study more and the right books to :)

I hope CRS will listen to some there can help and begin to understand business model for it is not bad only the wrong guys there handle the development.

The current direction should be: treat well your community, fix the bad rep due to permabans, continue being a word of mouth game, investing in youtube so that people come to your and you not to them(simply have a monthly video competition that offers 1 month full access no direct financial loss here), implement for every new player a 2 week full access which then becomes the current F2P system(this will bring more new players than any marketing campaign), keep communicating and offering discounts to past players(past WW2ol players are enough to keep the game alive and profitable) and run like every 6month a funding campaign to invest (only on the development of the game no marketing)

Since according to XOOM the game is kept alive by the community this gives some freedom to experience as long the community is treated respectfully.

Edited by pbveteran

1 - Graphics

7 - 18$ USD monthly sub

14 - Lag

15 - Low Performance

17 - Bad physics

20 - No MG42

21 - Very deficient F2P

22 - No ingame stats

23 - Ranks lack perks

1. No game can contend with the poly count this game has for the amount of land. Graphics could possibly be improved however it will come at a price. That is lag.. which I would say is by far more destructive to game play.

2. This game has always had a very steep learning curve AND it has a tutorial that gives step by step instructions... however most people ask, how do I graduate the tutorial so I can play? They want to get in to play, yet DO NOT want to go through the tutorial to learn the basics.

3. If you mean by a one shot kill on AI with a bullet, correct. However if they where that easy, why have AI at all. Mb something to be looked at but you can kill AI with LMGs.

4. Do you mean like exit a plane and get into a tank? How realistic is that if that's what you mean.. but if you mean bailing a tank to get away, how many tankers bail a tank in RL with weapon in hand. I rather spawn into the game in a tank then spawn in and climb up a tank or open a truck door.

5. Recovering vehicles has been discussed, but TBH I really do not want to go Fix your Tiger tank tracks that in RL would take hours. But if recoverable discarded tanks should be by both sides, in otherwords I should be able to recover your Tiger tank, fix and then use it on the allied side also. Oh I can see the abuse there.

6. In RL, a dead loader would cause the tank to leave the battlefield, in the game you can keep shooting. A commander kill would also cause the tank to RTB... how do you suggest this should happen? A removal of the dead crew member animation?

7. The $18 sub is not the only sub avail. There are F2P accounts and $5 accounts... then there are also long term payments that heavily reduce your out of pocket costs. BTW the $18 accounts, help support the F2P players.

8. Be more specific.

9. The damage models are actually very complex, probably some of the most complex ones on the market today.

10. Not sure what you mean... learning to fly? That's just a symptom of how hard it is to learn how to fly.

11. Sound has some issues atm with losing audio, has not been that way prior to the patch. It will be fixed.

12. Use a JS and mouse combo. JS can be purchased for $35

13. No it is not, when I first started playing it was by keyboard. You can fly and shoot down planes with keyboard and mouse.

14. Lag.. I explained lag in Point one.

15. More RAM better computer better connection... I do not have a issue with performance at all until the most recent patches with lag spikes but that has been ironed out for next patch. Get used to things going a little rough after each major patch. Even the RATs beta testing does not and cannot reflect what happens when the large influx of population hits after the patch. Stress testing is difficult with out a few hundred people logging in for a stress test.

16. Squad missions had been apart of the game, however it left the rest of the PB out.. but there are a tone of squad centric tools ingame. Your squad and make a custom channel for chat. You have TS, squad identifications etc... its right in front of you.

17. The physics model ingame is rather good. Im not sure you are aware but the RATs have actually been hired by the US military for sim work. Not only that they have some of the best up to date resources who help them out. Like Scotsman.

18. STOs require a lot of resource and ATM STO (server tracked objects are limited to mortars. If you used it for bullets and shells the server would be overwhelmed.

19. What do you mean? Like power ups? Hell NO. The very best players in game are that good because they are actually that good.

20. What does it actually do for you outside of the mg.34 except burn through ammo faster. That being said, there is a lot of additions we all would like to see, but each one costs the developer around $20k to well over $50k in manpower dollars to develop.

21. What you want is content without paying for it... tell me then how do you expect to get the mg.42 ingame?

22. Ingame stats can be used to see if you killed that ei instantly and if it was that person who kept killing you - no fog of war. Delayed stats are so you don't, all you need to do is go to the stats page on the website to see what you killed.

23. No it does not, you get perks like new weapons available. The ability to make missions. If you mean power ups ... no friggin way. The very best should be killed by the day one player.

1 person likes this

Very well answered Stankyus

1. No game can contend with the poly count this game has for the amount of land. Graphics could possibly be improved however it will come at a price. That is lag.. which I would say is by far more destructive to game play.

2. This game has always had a very steep learning curve AND it has a tutorial that gives step by step instructions... however most people ask, how do I graduate the tutorial so I can play? They want to get in to play, yet DO NOT want to go through the tutorial to learn the basics.

3. If you mean by a one shot kill on AI with a bullet, correct. However if they where that easy, why have AI at all. Mb something to be looked at but you can kill AI with LMGs.

4. Do you mean like exit a plane and get into a tank? How realistic is that if that's what you mean.. but if you mean bailing a tank to get away, how many tankers bail a tank in RL with weapon in hand. I rather spawn into the game in a tank then spawn in and climb up a tank or open a truck door.

5. Recovering vehicles has been discussed, but TBH I really do not want to go Fix your Tiger tank tracks that in RL would take hours. But if recoverable discarded tanks should be by both sides, in otherwords I should be able to recover your Tiger tank, fix and then use it on the allied side also. Oh I can see the abuse there.

6. In RL, a dead loader would cause the tank to leave the battlefield, in the game you can keep shooting. A commander kill would also cause the tank to RTB... how do you suggest this should happen? A removal of the dead crew member animation?

7. The $18 sub is not the only sub avail. There are F2P accounts and $5 accounts... then there are also long term payments that heavily reduce your out of pocket costs. BTW the $18 accounts, help support the F2P players.

8. Be more specific.

9. The damage models are actually very complex, probably some of the most complex ones on the market today.

10. Not sure what you mean... learning to fly? That's just a symptom of how hard it is to learn how to fly.

11. Sound has some issues atm with losing audio, has not been that way prior to the patch. It will be fixed.

12. Use a JS and mouse combo. JS can be purchased for $35

13. No it is not, when I first started playing it was by keyboard. You can fly and shoot down planes with keyboard and mouse.

14. Lag.. I explained lag in Point one.

15. More RAM better computer better connection... I do not have a issue with performance at all until the most recent patches with lag spikes but that has been ironed out for next patch. Get used to things going a little rough after each major patch. Even the RATs beta testing does not and cannot reflect what happens when the large influx of population hits after the patch. Stress testing is difficult with out a few hundred people logging in for a stress test.

16. Squad missions had been apart of the game, however it left the rest of the PB out.. but there are a tone of squad centric tools ingame. Your squad and make a custom channel for chat. You have TS, squad identifications etc... its right in front of you.

17. The physics model ingame is rather good. Im not sure you are aware but the RATs have actually been hired by the US military for sim work. Not only that they have some of the best up to date resources who help them out. Like Scotsman.

18. STOs require a lot of resource and ATM STO (server tracked objects are limited to mortars. If you used it for bullets and shells the server would be overwhelmed.

19. What do you mean? Like power ups? Hell NO. The very best players in game are that good because they are actually that good.

20. What does it actually do for you outside of the mg.34 except burn through ammo faster. That being said, there is a lot of additions we all would like to see, but each one costs the developer around $20k to well over $50k in manpower dollars to develop.

21. What you want is content without paying for it... tell me then how do you expect to get the mg.42 ingame?

22. Ingame stats can be used to see if you killed that ei instantly and if it was that person who kept killing you - no fog of war. Delayed stats are so you don't, all you need to do is go to the stats page on the website to see what you killed.

23. No it does not, you get perks like new weapons available. The ability to make missions. If you mean power ups ... no friggin way. The very best should be killed by the day one player.

1 person likes this

Very good discussion and as you can see, a myriad of ideas and recommendations (good and bad), which all have to be weighed by CRS. Like watching a sporting event or being a laborer for a company, everyone has an opinion about what should and should not be done, but it's done from a distance not knowing what is taking place behind the scenes or what it really takes. What is nice, a management team like CRS, who welcomes comments and tries to improve. All within the constrictions of business income and expenses. As an individual who has owned businesses and been in management roles for many years, you can't make everyone happy, but you try, but always with an eye watching the bottom line. My wish list, besides what already has been mentioned:

Do away with ai but leave the towers and let players again climb them. Let each side defend without auto help.

Again allow players to swim/wade rivers where ever. Yes, sitting ducks, but their choice.

Allow for the ability for engineers to build limited bridges where ever for alternative acess for attacks.

Allow for small rafts or boats hauled by trucks to rivers for group inf crossing.

Ability to build remote temporary small airfields (aru) closer to towns being attacked with limited numbers of aircraft. Would get more air battles going and alleviate the complaint of flying long distances and bring players back who like that side of the game.

Regardless, I will continue to play this overall fun game.

Keep up the good work CRS!

Lowflyr

My game is better than the game we have now.

Last i checked this was a fighting game and why shouldnt organization be rewarded? 20 organized players will most likely take the objective vs. 20 unorganized every time.

I've no problem with that, everything I am pushing for allows that to happen.

I am not against that, I am against 40 vs. 20 being an autowin for the map, and I want to have tools in place so the unorganized 20 can get organized without necessarily being in a squad and not have pop work against them.

Which is just basic business 101 horse sense, don't run off your players.

You guys have gone on and on about how changes have run off squads, but I can count 1000s that unsubbed on pop and org mechanics- somehow you guys never count those losses.

You and your ilk are so afraid of squads and the organization they bring with them. Why are you so against small battles/skirmishes in the game?

I'm not against small battles and skirmishes at all, and you never read that part where we didn't want AOs but got them anyway.

You got issues with the old GHC, take it up with them, not AHC.

What I am against is a side winning because they have more people on, not more org, and can just flood a front, unearned victory. That is not an anti-Axis thing by the way, same thing happens in reverse with Allied numbers against Axis, and sucks in both directions.

Why does every fight have to be a big set piece battle orchestrated by some possible control freak who read a pdf and passed a cyber leadership test?

Take it up with the Old Rats, they wanted the big battle as content and sub retainer.

I want ninja to be possible, just not the norm.

Best read my NAO proposal before you go making assumptions about what I want to see done. I think you might be surprised.

Mission leaders don't solve the problems.

HC tools won't solve the problems.

AOs,TOES and all the other limitations CRS destroyed their game with over the years hasnt fixed the problems.

Simplify the gameplay

Simplify the UI

Fix the bugs and lag deaths/offset

Bring back squad missions

Please new CRS don't listen to the players that convinced you to head down this road in the first place.

Let me tell you something, they didn't particularly listen to us HC types otherwise they wouldn't have done some things and failed to do others.

I think they listened to their investors, their vision, their bottom line, reacting to unsub feedback and player ingame actions as a subset of their vision and bottom line, and virtually never took any of our HC proactive advice when it interfered with their vision or investor/bottom line priorities.

Which effectively translated into 'what the game needs', not necessarily everyone's wish list.

No ToEs, I can tell you the game would have died years ago with Allies gone and no pop modifiers in place.

I was wondering when you'd respond.

I actually left the Axis side and tried to help the Allies during the Breakfast Clubs reign of terror.

I dont understand what GHC/OKW new or old has to do with anything.

I would like to follow my squadleader rather than someone who is setting AO's and herding cattle.

Ive read your proposal and unfortunately it will never come to fruition.

I dont think you can honestly count thousands of people who left just like i cant say i know thousands of squadmembers that unsubbed. It sounds good but is just lips flapping without proof.

Whatever the case may be, the game is hard to endure in its current stage. The population is low, the rules are complicated and the learning curve is high.

Squads are really the only thing that can save this niche game.

Adding more complex rules and limiting players will be the cause of its death.

1 person likes this

Stankyus I think just about every one of pbveteran's complaints are legitimate. I think you are disconnected from the market and the competition these days, back in 2005 BE was unmatched in scale, scope, complexity and even population(for a single instance FPS) but it's 2016 now.

The game has narrowed itself down to an almost unbelievably tiny demographic instead of pursuing the wider milsim community or the hardcore PvP MMO communities out there. The focus of this game over the last several years hasn't been new tanks or planes or infantry mechanics, but the high command system which attracts...who? You see the results today. Veteran players don't want to return and BE can't compete for new players.

The team that is here now is learning as we go along.

Is the game better, same or worse compared to one or two years ago? I think that is the question that should be asked. If it is better than we are doing what we need to do. If it is the same or worse than we really need to look at what we have done to improve.

We are trying very hard to move forward and grow as a game and community. This will not happen overnight.

When I started with CRS the team with abandon ship mode and it was very gloomy. That is not how it is now, the team is growing and everyone in the team is very excited to improve the game.

We are not out of the woods at all! We still need to grow to pay the bill's and update some software that is need to keep going.

I am a re-returning vet Day 1 player, coming back on as builder. I very much believe that this game is worth investing in.

Keep up the great work. Build it and they will come.

The team that is here now is learning as we go along.

Is the game better, same or worse compared to one or two years ago? I think that is the question that should be asked. If it is better than we are doing what we need to do. If it is the same or worse than we really need to look at what we have done to improve.

We are trying very hard to move forward and grow as a game and community. This will not happen overnight.

When I started with CRS the team with abandon ship mode and it was very gloomy. That is not how it is now, the team is growing and everyone in the team is very excited to improve the game.

We are not out of the woods at all! We still need to grow to pay the bill's and update some software that is need to keep going.