• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
ou812

Why isn't this game more popular??

165 posts in this topic

Because in the meta battle of good vs evil this game had years ago, evil won. And when that happens all is destroyed.

Good wins in movies and literature because in real life, good tends to be evils beatch. So we need something to be hopeful about.

Good wins in movies and literature because in real life, good tends to be evils beatch. So we need something to be hopeful about.

I dont think so, if youre evil's beatch then youre evil. Good doesnt do evil's work, so by definition if you are evil's beatch youre evil too.

I dont think so, if youre evil's beatch then youre evil. Good doesnt do evil's work, so by definition if you are evil's beatch youre evil too.

Would you rather let someone evil do evil's work or someone good do evil's work who tries to minimise damage done while simultaneously looking for a way to overthrow evil? I would not consider one who has to deal with the emotional impact of committing evil yet still try to fight back when the time is right an evil person at all.

Pretty sure what I meant totally escaped you. Not a big deal, but if you want to comment on what I was saying, it would be a great start to not substitute what you're saying. :D

People will probably call it pessimism, all I alluded to was that good tends to triumph in movies and literature because of hope (which we all need) ... since in the real world evil has a better track record of success.

I didn't think it was very complicated.

I and my friends and my squad do actually live under a large rock in northern Canada and our other friends who we invite here have a different set of problems:

1. no character development tree or racial traits

2. no chance to pick your own face, hairstyle, lipsize, tattoos, clothes

3. no way to get buffed super weapons

4. no mechanic to use real money to buy better stuff than other players

5. map is too big

6. airplanes, tanks, vehicles and infantry all at the same time is too complicated

7. no instances

8. no dungeons

9. no wizards, elves or dwarves

10. no mana

11. no looting dead bodies

12. no loot at all

13. no quests (like "Kill 10 Opels and get a FRU"reward)

14. no endless DLC that we can pay for

15. no music packs we can pay for

16. no cheat codes

17. no little accomplishment badges

18. no unresponsive dev team that does fake dev diaries

19. no girls

20. its too hard

that's at least 19 reasons why the game has survived beyond most other pvp games. either that or we've lost touch with the gaming world outside our rock.

Unless you live under a rock these are just a few problems out of the top of my head, some were based on the comments I receive from a few friends I invite a while back.

1 - Graphics

2 - No good ingame tutorials

3 - Robot bulletproof A.I.

4 - No ability to enter/exit Vehicles/Guns

5 - No ability to Fix Vehicles

6 - No ability to Replace dead crew members

7 - 18$ USD monthly sub

8 - No ability to cross over obstacles

9 - Very deficient and opaque damage models especially in tanks

10 - Piloting curve is astronomic, should have Warthunder RB with vis over cockpit only

11 - Bad and low quality sounds

12 - Keyboard config for tanks could still be improved

13 - Piloting with the exception of para planes is impossible without joystick

14 - Lag

15 - Low Performance

16 - No built in squad or teamwork tools, like setting objectives rewarding going to X place, following orders, voice commands...

17 - Bad physics

18 - When you see a player shooting at something you are not actually seeing the real place where the round is landing.

19 - Elite(not accessible for everyplayer) and very lacking but very demanding strategy layer

20 - No MG42

21 - Very deficient F2P

22 - No ingame stats

23 - Ranks lack perks

Also spending money on marketing will yield few to no results, the game by many standards could be consider broken or in an Alpha stage plus in many aspects is outdated.

Edited by sorella
1 person likes this

I have no idea why this game isn't more popular.   Maybe because so many people expect stuff for free?   Anyway, after 10 + years I still enjoy it.   BTW, where the hell do you come up with "$29.99 for this every month?"   It ain't no where near that amount.

On 5/2/2016 at 10:09 PM, sorella said:

I and my friends and my squad do actually live under a large rock in northern Canada and our other friends who we invite here have a different set of problems:

1. no character development tree or racial traits

2. no chance to pick your own face, hairstyle, lipsize, tattoos, clothes

3. no way to get buffed super weapons

4. no mechanic to use real money to buy better stuff than other players

5. map is too big

6. airplanes, tanks, vehicles and infantry all at the same time is too complicated

7. no instances

8. no dungeons

9. no wizards, elves or dwarves

10. no mana

11. no looting dead bodies

12. no loot at all

13. no quests (like "Kill 10 Opels and get a FRU"reward)

14. no endless DLC that we can pay for

15. no music packs we can pay for

16. no cheat codes

17. no little accomplishment badges

18. no unresponsive dev team that does fake dev diaries

19. no girls

20. its too hard

that's at least 19 reasons why the game has survived beyond most other pvp games. either that or we've lost touch with the gaming world outside our rock.

OMG! Now that's funny Sorella! 

CRS wish list?  :lol:

It would be fun to pick up enemy equipment after they die tho... uber lmg's

I do not gonna talk about graphics, previous posts were ignored, and I'm understanding why. It is too hard to realise that fast in leak of coders on uncommended code. May be.

I do not gonna talk that all previous patches are just bugfixes and paintjob only.

But !

- In 2016 persona can't lean. Doubt it hard to realise.

- Command .obj l - spaming by text during 2-3 AO. Cities, bridges and so on are messed up. Is it hard to separate bridges from towns ? Is it hard to colored tows green and bridges AO - blue ? 20-30 strings of code !

- Persona constantly taking and loading in to the riffle completely full clip. In 2016 !!! It is look like unlimited ammo in 2001. 20-30 strings of code !

- In your 'millitary simulator' 250 kg bomb killing nothing in 20-30 meters. And AA gun cant saw vehicles track.

You said 'we running on old engine'. 'Red Orchestra 2' issued in 2011, may be early runing on old engine too, and still having huge community. More then that. Developers gonna issue next 'Rising Storm 2: Vietnam' on same engine and majority ready to buy new game despite of 'engine'.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/418460/discussions/0/357284131796318468/

So this is not engine cause.

P.S. To be honest is some aspects WWII OL is unigue. Ragdoll, ballistic, weather, scale ! Use this.

Read my lips. It takes revenue to implement improvements. You want improvements? Then help out by upping your FTP account to a whopping $5 account. Or are you making a statement by refusing to help?

2 hours ago, lipton said:

Pure cocaine in golden bath. He lost me there.

Basically the drug pusher reference. Makes me always wonder if it's another nickname underneath...

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, murzick said:

- Command .obj l - spaming by text during 2-3 AO. Cities, bridges and so on are messed up. Is it hard to separate bridges from towns ? Is it hard to colored tows green and bridges AO - blue ? 20-30 strings of code !

.obj C only lists the cities that are AO'd or DO'd.  

10 hours ago, B2K said:

.obj C only lists the cities that are AO'd or DO'd.  

Thank you. I know (as retired HC). It works and show, but without abandoned AO-ed towns.

Edited by murzick

On 08.09.2016 at 7:43 AM, murzick said:

Persona constantly taking and loading in to the riffle completely full clip.

20 strings of code and one binar array [ 19 *5 ] with pop-up-ed rows in memory. 2-4 hour to work for coder at most. Not ?

19 minutes ago, murzick said:

Thank you. I know (as retired HC). It works and show, but without abandoned AO-ed towns.

why would it show towns that are a) empty (abandoned) and b ) no longer under attack.  In your first post you mentioned the .obj i being cluttered, having every 'abandoned' town, or no longer AO'd town showing would be worse.   

12 minutes ago, murzick said:

20 strings of code and one binar array [ 19 *5 ] with pop-up-ed rows in memory. 2-4 hour to work for coder at most. Not ?

CRS is actively looking for coders send you resume to xoom...

Pretty sure 90% of the reason is that the pop is too low and we´ve been in a vicious circle ever since it got there. 

1# issue is graphics for most people. If they could only see past the graphics and see what a wonderful game this is, we would have more players. 

This simulation isn't a "hop & pop"....and it isn't playable on PS or Xbox....limited demographic....have to work with that...tough sell...

13 hours ago, Teke said:

This simulation isn't a "hop & pop"....and it isn't playable on PS or Xbox....limited demographic....have to work with that...tough sell...

Lots of people playing ArmA on Steam right now, over 35,000. There's definitely a demographic out there that enjoys slower-paced shooters and military simulations.

The game is not as popular because there is no advertisement for this game.  basically the game is just sitting in limbo sort of speak.  This is were their steam plans comes into play,  The rats are getting ready for a steam release for this game so this game becomes, exactly what you're saying, extremely popular.  Once this game releases on steam, floods and I mean floods of people will be joining this game, this game will not be the same once this happens there will be so much.  I'll just put it this way, everyone sees how the game is now, mostly at max around 150 or 200 people are on on a good day.  Once steams releases...there will be LITERALLY thousands of players and the true colors of Battleground Europe will comes out.  Everyone just give it time,  this game will explode once again :) and it will be AWESOME!