• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
takahashi

Side switching etiquitte

18 posts in this topic

Could someone please explain the generally accepted etiquette and reasoning behind such, when it come to side switching? I wish to more readily understand the stigma associated with it.

Do you enjoy sports?

Do players change team when there is a competition going on?

Edited by roner

Generally you earn more respect if you stick to 1 side per map, spawning in 5 minutes later on opposite side killing a player you were just fighting with is so bad. Usually if you are in a squad they will remove you if you switch sides during a map.

But in the end you pay to play so have fun.

If you enjoy playing both side, by all means do so. There are a lot of people who prefer to platy the underpopulated side as they have more targets to shoot at. We encourage people to when sides are unbalanced, that's why there is spawn delay.

The down side of that is that there are some passionate people playing this game that sometimes take exception to side switching. You can't win them all, so play in a way that is enjoyable to you.

I have been playing on and off for 11 years. Never went Axis once until recently for Buckeyes Funeral event! I just always been dedicated to the Allies. That's just me though!

Etiquette:

If you start a map as Allied or Axis stay on that side until the map is over.

If your in a squad let them know your going to switch next map and remove yourself from squad. Most of the time they will take you back if you return.

Simple enough.

Personally, I feel it's more than acceptable to switch sides during a campaign. What IS frowned upon is when you're playing one side one minute, then swap over to the other side in the same town. You know the plan and strategy on both sides now and it pisses people off. I understand wanting to swap sides, as long as you are passionate and work your tail off for the side you're playing for right there, I have NO problems with it.

Generally you earn more respect if you stick to 1 side per map, spawning in 5 minutes later on opposite side killing a player you were just fighting with is so bad. Usually if you are in a squad they will remove you if you switch sides during a map.

This

Their was "Spys" back in world war 2 which did have a big effect on some battles strategically. I guess i just like at side switchers as that haha

Could someone please explain the generally accepted etiquette and reasoning behind such' date=' when it come to side switching? I wish to more readily understand the stigma associated with it.[/quote']

Nothing wrong with it as long as you go axis. :D

I started the game in 2005. The first 3 campaigns, I played only Axis. 3 campaigns back then covered 2 years. Finally I decided to try the other side. I realized that I could learn a lot by knowing all of the vehicles and their capabilities. Since then, I have been a side switcher. As far as I know, I am respected on both sides.

I have very specific rules that I make myself follow.

First, I will never swap sides without giving a S! on the side channel and acknowledging people that I will see them on the "other side" and a S! on the incoming side letting them know I just came from the other side.

Second, I never go to a fight that I just left from. I give myself a general rule of thumb, that I wont play any town I just left for at least 30 minutes.

Third, when I switch sides, I usually go the opposite of what I was for those said 30 minutes. If I'm ground, I go fly, and Vice Versus.

Fourth, I don't discuss what I was doing for the other side at ANY time.

and Lastly, I play for the side I am on. I actively PM High Command to see what they need me to do for them. Let me repeat that. What THEY need ME to do, as long as it is after the 30 minutes.

I'm with GVON on this, Play the game like you want, of course I'll give friends some crap if I kill them or are killed by them, but that's all in fun.

If You pay the bill, then you play at will.

Personally I think you should stick to one side per campaign, i have only played Axis during intermission just to "see the other side"so to speak, i wouldn't ever consider it during a campaign.

But as someone has said you pay your subs and you enjoy yourself

My philosophy is in line with tandel, and I follow my own similar rules. Enjoy both sides if you want, just use common sense and don't do things that you KNOW are wrong.

I started with the Axis way back in 2001, 31st WC, but that was when squads were big, so there was no point in switching, and there was more of a "team" spirit and rivalry I would say. Now, not so much.

Recently I've decided to try out the Allies for a campaign or two, but my son plays now, and he usually plays Axis, so I'm sure my username shows up on both sides even in the same evening. Of course we don't share information, we just take turns.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0