Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hierbart

How u like the new patch?

234 posts in this topic

So far I like very, very much.

All of a sudden units besides spammed infantry that pop up anywhere, anytime are being used enmasse. tanks, atgs, bofors etc.

probably this was a change requested by the players tankers

surely they liked..

but will favor the side with more population..

will be a feast for the allies planes (kill Opels) lol

There is barely any 'tankers' left in this game. The fru with zooks/schrecks took care of the few remaining which pretty much exclusively played armor.

The side with overpop is always in favor, the fru amplified that as the underpopped defender can't do anything against fru's as they just get reset. No point at all in fighting in the fields. Sit in the depots and see if you can fight off the horde.

With Trucks only we're back to a game mechanism that was here for years before the ML placed fru. It provides the underpop with the benefit that they can control the trucks running in and if you take out a fru it won't pop up a couple minutes later somewhere around the town.

It is far more controllable this way.

The overpop can't just blob a town anymore with a stealth setup but you'll have to work more with the side as a whole to get multiple trucks in, preferrably with ATGs towed in and setup a ZoC.

That's what this game was about before we had this instant action crap with Ml placed fru's. Just my humble opinion, don't have to like it but it's the truth.

Edited by marcus33

Early morning TZ3 gangbangers dislike this change.

Setting their alarm clocks for early morning ops wont work as well any more.

Very positive.

I love infantry play but infantry placed FRUs had virtually killed the tank and AT Gun side of the game. It had also reduced the value of team play and had made life harder for the underpop team. Hence the far shorter campaigns.

Not sure I like it - so far the battlefield is turning into static ww1 battlelines. Attacks are much harder now. The server doesn't have the same population levels as the old days so often there are not enough people online to setup proper zones of control and keep the frus up.

The new fru definately favors tankers and atgs - we probably need to increase the sapper levels now to help the infantry out.

England will be much harder to invade now - that favors the allies. We may need to make naval amphibous frus happen or remove boat ews or speed up boat speed.

These are some initial thoughts. I will give it some more time before I make a final opinion on the new fru.

Edited by krazydog

England will be much harder to invade now - that favors the allies. We may need to make naval amphibous frus happen or remove boat ews or speed up boat speed.

England should be a pain in the ass to hit.

England should be a pain in the ass to hit.

Well historically, sure this is true. England was a pain to invade. I agree.

But the Axis Panzer blitz during the war in France is also historical. That doesn't mean the axis get 4 AOs and the Allies only get 1 AO to reflect the superior Axis initiative and tactics at the beginning of the war.

Its a game - not everything is going to relfect the historical reality. Cheers!

But the Axis Panzer blitz during the war in France is also historical. That doesn't mean the axis get 4 AOs and the Allies only get 1 AO to reflect the superior Axis initiative and tactics at the beginning of the war.

it is a game, but it should take more than 1 Ju52 with 5-10 Ml's to put fru's in to spawn a thousand avatar army.

Still doable, just harder now.

it is a game, but it should take more than 1 Ju52 with 5-10 Ml's to put fru's in to spawn a thousand avatar army.

Still doable, just harder now.

I agree with you about the airlift of ML was too easy before.

But now with the truck FRU its almost not doable to invade England.

The boats are too slow and allies spawn air while we cross the sea and take out our forces before we can land. That is why I suggested other ideas like no boat ews, or speeding up boat speed a bit etc.

The axis side has no factories across a channel like the allies do. Brussels and Antwerp are both a bit harder to take than Lux and Leige.

I still think the strategic impact of the new fru on the map should be looked at by CRS.

Negative this sucks and kill the fun and yes to England was to easy ti invade BUT this and fail in the first update killed my joy and I unsub after 15 years play.

And has PM Xoom regard how to fix all the issues and time frame to and coast price estimated.

Regards

AxeInc

placeholder until I try it

All positive. We're faced with new challenges and people are working together.

So I count 24 feedbacks were it clearly states positive/negative. 17 of them positve (70,83%), 7 of them negative (29,17%). Lets see where this is heading. Anyone been in touch with the former major squads yet to see if the fru change is driving back some paying subscrptions?

bb

Edited by Bierbaer

Yeah, thank God. Although I wouldn't mind having 50 Shermans in each brigade fighting off only 4 tigers in each brigade. Oh man I already miss axeinc and his petition to get the Tiger in tier 3. "Historically it entered the same time as the regular sherman". :)

Gday all,

I think it is : Negative.

Yes, it means more teamwork.

Which just means more work, and requires a larger team.

It already requires work to take a town, we already have teamwork, but our teams are not very large these days.

(Although - the underlying idea has some merit, but the size of the sudden change was too much.)

I'll still play, we'll adapt and have fun.

Kapyong

I fully agree with Kapyong.

I love cooperative game but nowadays, even our squad, the 250H has problems getting enough numbers to deploy a "strong point" (opel + Ats + recon + Pzr, + inf + keeping an eye on fb, etc)

Maybe this wasn't the best moment to implement it. Player numbers and campaign.

I'll still play, we'll adapt and have fun.

and as I said before, I fully agree

The more important thing about the change to truck FRU is that it encourages more ZoC play, which revitalises the ATG and armour game. This positive outweighs the drawbacks for me, by shifting the game towards tactical, patient, team play and away from instant CP infantry immediate sugar-rush COD play

I fully agree with Kapyong.

I love cooperative game but nowadays, even our squad, the 250H has problems getting enough numbers to deploy a "strong point" (opel + Ats + recon + Pzr, + inf + keeping an eye on fb, etc)

Maybe this wasn't the best moment to implement it. Player numbers and campaign.

and as I said before, I fully agree

Hehehe Piska. It doesn't mean that all of above has to be done by one squad only. Back in the day there was only one squad capable of doing that and this was KGW. Keep mind though they as well had 60 - 100 players online during squad nights at their peak time.

There are so many scenarios how this could be panning out really good. One group could walk in recon for ZoC decision making, one group could bring paks and aaa, one group is securing and advancing from the ZOC as inf while another group is moving up panzers. Those tasks of the groups can be performed by one or multiple squads. Unless KGW is back fully in action I doubt this can be done by one squad only.

Don't think too big. We should start with small steps ;)

bb

Working as a team has always be the key in this game.

The ones that do get things done and have fun doing it.

Yeah' date=' thank God. Although I wouldn't mind having 50 Shermans in each brigade fighting off only 4 tigers in each brigade. Oh man I already miss axeinc and his petition to get the Tiger in tier 3. "Historically it entered the same time as the regular sherman". :)[/quote']

Nice to see you miss me :)

But I will not be in game anymore I have left and this time for good and I am sorry after 15 years support but I am not agree about the new and then is better for me to go away and stay away.

And pulver I miss having our fight and kill one and another:)

Positive.

Using these rules and teamwork, Allies took Arras last night. FBs were easy to defend because a ML could not sneak past our line/ZOC and place a FRU to attack them. We had ZOCs the Axis had ZOCs. You felt like there were areas that were solidly Allied and areas that were solidly Axis. No pop up armies upsetting everything. We capped the last AB via laffy hot drop old school style. We packed the bunker with 8 attackers and held off the desperate defenders. It was great. Best ending to a big city battle I have experienced in years.

Edited by arno

Working as a team has always be the key in this game.

The ones that do get things done and have fun doing it.

Speaking of team work, how about we allow HTs and Morris units to deploy FRUs if we are going this truck only route. It seems to me that the French have a distinct advantage when setting up a ZOC with heavy ATGs as things currently stand.

Speaking of team work' date=' how about we allow HTs and Morris units to deploy FRUs if we are going this truck only route. It seems to me that the French have a distinct advantage when setting up a ZOC with heavy ATGs as things currently stand.[/quote']

That's one of the first reasonable suggestions I've heard all day. That would be fair, considering the French just have the Laffly which is of course(or at least imo) superior to the HT and Morris.

Also, just to reiterate the truck-only FRU, I hope I'm not the only one happy about it. Is it going to require more teamwork; more cooperation? Of course! How can anyone consider that a bad thing? If you can't organize a few people to lead an attack you don't deserve to win that battle.

I really won't miss MLs just hiding for 10 minutes so they can place another FRU. Even if people still use 2 accounts so they can have 2 trucks, it still won't be as abysmally easy as it used to be. Plus the fact that you could just switch MLs and have the guy on the other side of town quickly set a FRU. Will defense be a bit easier? Yeah, it will, but being on the defense is almost always easier than being the attackers. I know I'm not the only one who wants to see ZOCs in full effect again. Tankers actually working with each other instead of just being lone wolfs. ATGs and infantry being towed into towns in numbers once again.

Some of us just want that game we remember so fondly. Not the lone-wolfing mess this game had unfortunately become. Some of us love this game because it's so difficult. Inf placed FRUs made attacking in this game beyond easy, and it meant destroying a FRU didn't really mean jack ****. It just meant you would have about 10 min until that same mission put up another FRU at minimum range. When multiple missions are doing the same thing...I think you get the idea.

It's not like they are removing FRUs, which I can agree would be a bad idea. There is still enough players at this point in time to justify a truck-only FRU.

Edited by zgunner12

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0