• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hierbart

How u like the new patch?

234 posts in this topic

If your atg/tank game relies on engaging stuff head on, you're doing it wrong.

I agree 100%, but defending a FRU or a ZOC and ETs are coming towards you, there is little coise.

And that is my point in a nutshell.

I agree 100%, but defending a FRU or a ZOC and ETs are coming towards you, there is little coise.

And that is my point in a nutshell.

Certainly gets more difficult at that point.

But set up atgs at the flank of the ZoC, find higher terrain 1.5k out of town, drive from neighbouring town etc. There's so many options that people aren't aware of because they either never had to employ them since we had Ml frus and how battles we're fought or because they never experienced a different battlefield than with the ML fru or simply forgot how we fought battles before that travesty.

Anytime I go against a Stug G frontally no matter what unit I'm in it's a gamble unless I'm within 400m and rare are those allied tankers that could knock it out reliably every time at a greater distance and that's just 1 example.

Respond to ews quickly and the enemy won't be able to setup a ZOC that close. Axis armor advantage is at distance, always was, the Tiger can do amazing things if you stay 1.5k + from your targets. Now I know we don't have only towns with hills surrounding them but pretty much every town offers very interesting terrain around that by far not everyone is aware off. You'd be surprised what damage one can do by working the angles in this game to your target or the enemies general approach vector to a town.

Maybe you know and you're just a returning vet under a new tag ;).

Yes, Axis armor can't compete and WONT. Go for broadside shot...blah..blah...blah. You can drive for 30 minutes get broadside, and have a church, matty, or sherm just turn his gun and kill you in one shot. Its NOT fun.

Axis ATGs dont compete either. It takes 2-3 shots usually on an allied tank (compared to allied atg kills in 1 shot usually)..and if you are looking at frontal armor you are basically just dead axis atg. 88s are useless. Just useless. No one shot kills on frontal armor....even STUs. BS. So dead 88 basically.

Funny note here. I notice as axis tanker it takes 2-3 shots to kill allied ATG. They seem to setup faster, shoot faster, and KILL FASTER.

This is fun?

Dont get me started on the desert storm skins we have compared to the jungle camo on your tanks. Impossible to spot and I play on a 55" display.

I wish someone could point me to the Allied tanks that can 1 shot german armor every time. I seem to get the tanks that have the training rounds loaded in them.

Your 1st shot you are referring to just killed the Gun in the axis tank. He is now basically useless - and pissed

Your 1st shot you are referring to just killed the Gun in the axis tank. He is now basically useless - and pissed

hasn't been my experience. my stats bear this out.

Whenever I hear the 'grease gun'' date=' it sounds like I'm receiving a .message[/quote']

lol NJ calls it the "typewriter". Makes me laugh everytime.

bb

I wish someone could point me to the Allied tanks that can 1 shot german armor every time.

If you hit, id say sherm 76 answers that question. (+ your front will be immune to return fire)

But thats beside the point of the OP, do we like the patch?

I say the likelihoodof ATGs needing to face tanks from the front has risen 400+% with the concentrated attacs from the ZOCs.

This has consequences. I dont like that aspect of the patch.

(or rather il adapt)

Edited by atgman

Yes, Axis armor can't compete and WONT. Go for broadside shot...blah..blah...blah. You can drive for 30 minutes get broadside, and have a church, matty, or sherm just turn his gun and kill you in one shot. Its NOT fun.

Axis ATGs dont compete either. It takes 2-3 shots usually on an allied tank (compared to allied atg kills in 1 shot usually)..and if you are looking at frontal armor you are basically just dead axis atg. 88s are useless. Just useless. No one shot kills on frontal armor....even STUs. BS. So dead 88 basically.

Funny note here. I notice as axis tanker it takes 2-3 shots to kill allied ATG. They seem to setup faster, shoot faster, and KILL FASTER.

This is fun?

Dont get me started on the desert storm skins we have compared to the jungle camo on your tanks. Impossible to spot and I play on a 55" display.

That's your opinion man, not facts.

If you can't blow up an S76 or CH7 with a Pak40 at 1k from side I suggest you never try again and stick to inf only.

For someone that has been here since 2001 you should know better, whether you're hardcore axis or allied.

Whenever I played axis I had no trouble blowing up allied armor with flank shots.

Only serious reason I see for you not being able to kill stuff would be packet loss combined with the recent offset bug.

If you can't blow up an S76 or CH7 with a Pak40 at 1k from side I suggest you never try again and stick to inf only.

Very harsh words.

In principle I agree. Side shots with PAK40 rule that battle field.

That is until one ET turns 90 deg towards you.:cool:

If im a 57mm ATG il still flame the Tiger at 400m.

BADGER said that research on change fru was difficult

(50% / 50%)

sure that 40% of 50% in favor were allied players.

the strong axis direction was infantry game (because the tanks are useless)

CRS ended the axis force and so the map is going to E

again favoring the side ally

as in the last 14 years.

Positive, with caveats.

Truck FRUs bring so many good parts of the game back:

1) ATGs live again

2) Tanks live again

3) We can have ZOCs again

4) Bridges matter now

5) Terrain matters more now

6) Recon game is back on

7) Air takes on a much more active needed role now

8) We have an AA game again (both cause more ea and we have ZOC)

9) Many more battles in the country side prior to town capture (in general)

That being said, I do think it is a huge advantage to the allies for four reasons:

1) no more Zee battles - Vliss will be nearly impossible to ever get again, this hurts axis. (also ruining what little naval game remained)

2) no more England - same, Ramsgate will be nearly impossible too.

3) Frontal ZOC attacks totally favors allied tanks and ATGs over our panzers and ATGs which are much weaker.

4) Air, allied air will dominate our FBs and attacks, their bombers will wipe out our panzers; our air cannot do the same back to anywhere near the same degree.

Countering these advantages however, the 88 may once again become a factor. I say may, because I hear many people using them and still can't kill the allied tanks.

Even though I think this absolutely hurts the axis much more than the allies without any question. I think it is good and the game play is so much better than magical fairly ML FRUs. But, I do think something will need to be done to address the above 4 issues that give allies the advantage.

Regarding the new weapons, love em all and their different sounds!

Edited by delems

That being said, I do think it is a huge advantage to the allies for four reasons:

1) no more Zee battles - Vliss will be nearly impossible to ever get again, this hurts axis. (also ruining what little naval game remained)

3) Frontal ZOC attacks totally favors allied tanks and ATGs over our panzers and ATGs which are much weaker.

4) Air, allied air will dominate our FBs and attacks, their bombers will wipe out our panzers; our air cannot do the same back to anywhere near the same degree.

Countering these advantages however, the 88 may once again become a factor. I say may, because I hear many people using them and still can't kill the allied tanks.

Even though I think this absolutely hurts the axis much more than the allies without any question. I think it is good and the game play is so much better than magical fairly ML FRUs.

1) and 2) were both done in plenty before we had the inf-based FRU. That change made you navy guys lazy. However, I wouldn't be opposed to allowing ONLY navy brigade infantry the ability to set FRUs. Although I don't think there is any way to do this for navy only (maybe make a specific navy inf class just for setting missions?)

3) This is true to a point, but the 88 should be a dominant weapon again when supported properly. In addition, the Allied infantry kit is still inferior to the Axis infantry kit; nothing changed there lately except making an already bad situation even worse.

4) LW fighters rarely fly low enough to protect their 88s and Stukas (which are the most accurate CAS bombers in the game). This is a fundamental cultural difference, and as such is not CRS's responsibility to fix.

However, I think the main effect this had on the Axis is that TZ3 infantry zerging took a huge hit in its effectiveness. Since attacks have to be done realistically now, this means that TZ3 in general will only be able to capture an amount of towns directly proportional to how many people are playing. There is something inherently beautiful about finally being able to say "when fewer people play, fewer towns are captured."

The reduction of ground lost in TZ3 (for both sides) is actually my favorite part of the patch so far.

Positive, with caveats.

Truck FRUs bring so many good parts of the game back:

1) ATGs live again

2) Tanks live again

3) We can have ZOCs again

4) Bridges matter now

5) Terrain matters more now

6) Recon game is back on

7) Air takes on a much more active needed role now

8) We have an AA game again (both cause more ea and we have ZOC)

9) Many more battles in the country side prior to town capture (in general)

Even though I think this absolutely hurts the axis much more than the allies without any question. I think it is good and the game play is so much better than magical fairly ML FRUs. But, I do think something will need to be done to address the above 4 issues that give allies the advantage.

Regarding the new weapons, love em all and their different sounds!

LOL....

simply game over to the side axis

soon we will have more players axis

simple like that

Infantry sees atg 1000m and kills

atg / tank will not see 700m ......

88 is the most ridiculous weapon in the game ..

75mm is good.

why play?

Edited by br1000

4) LW fighters rarely fly low enough to protect their 88s and Stukas (which are the most accurate CAS bombers in the game). This is a fundamental cultural difference' date=' and as such is not CRS's responsibility to fix. [/quote']

A "cultural" difference? Don't make me laugh. Check my life time stats in the allied air force and axis air force. You will see a large difference in my K/D. Why? Because the allied planes turn better. PERIOD. No one argues with that. LW fighters take time to master and depend on boom and zoom tactics in order to stay alive. What you are essentially asking the LW to do is compete in a manner they are not designed for in an area where they have a distinct disadvantage. "Culture" has nothing to do with it. Game mechanics combined with our approximated true to life flight characteristics do. Fighting in this game is town centric and therefore favors allied fighter aircraft.

Anyone remember the "tri winged" 109s back before there was visible damage. The flight characteristics were completely different and the 109 E4s dominated. As a result Stukas dominated the battlefield with bombs that were more effective then the current modeling. As I recall those days were somewhat dark for the allies in this game. I don't think anyone wants a return to those days and I would certainly never argue for it.

However, your comment there clearly ignores the reality that LW fighters are inferior for a turning town centric knife fight and makes an effort at explaining it away with a "cultural" difference. I call BS.

Oh, and if you don't think CRS will "fix" the problem if it effects the game too much you haven't paid attention to game development over the years. They tweak, lend lease, or what ever else they have to do if they perceive it as a problem. I don't blame them. It is a game after all. Unless of course you want all of 23 Matilda IIs in the Battle of France with Spitfires only based in England?

Edited by saronin

However' date=' your comment there clearly ignores the reality that LW fighters are inferior for a turning town centric knife fight and makes an effort at explaining it away with a "cultural" difference. I call BS.[/quote']

Your comment is a bit simplistic but generally true for Spitfires. However same tier Luftwaffe 109s generally outurn the following Allied fighters and fighter bombers:

Hurri IIb

H81

H87

D520

Bell 14

Plus a 109F4 in the hands of a competent pilot turns about the same as a Spit IX in my experience. In the hands of a true expert pilot the 109F4 will out turn pretty well everything.

Interestingly enough in a set up test Swiftcut once proved to me that a 109F4 could out turn a H75 in a sustained, horizontal turn. I was shocked but he did it to me twice in a row back in the days when I was a pretty reasonable pilot.

Now just because an ace can do it does not mean your standard pilot can do it. It is pretty squirrely but the 109F4 can turn like very very well in the right hands.

Your comment is a bit simplistic but generally true for Spitfires. However same tier Luftwaffe 109s generally outurn the following Allied fighters and fighter bombers:

Hurri IIb

H81

H87

D520

Bell 14

I'm not debating speed here. Sure, top end speed the LW may have the advantage in the tiers you mentioned. Now start turning over a town and see how long that speed helps you. You will bleed energy quickly and die. The speed you mention is helpful in Boom and Zoom tactics which was the whole point I was making. Boom and Zoom tactics are not well suited to the domination of local airspace. The domination of local airspace is what capco was trying to get at. It's what helps protect the 88's and Stukas he was talking about.

Right before they changed the stats system, I looked up the overall historical numbers for all Allied vs Axis fighters, and not just overall airforce K/D which included ground kills. I compared all fighters by the default setting (which included the 110 series) and the result was an Axis K/D of 1.05 (or an Allied K/D of 0.95). When I removed the 110 manually, the Axis K/D rose to 1.30 (or the Allied K/D dropped to 0.77). Your personal stats do not reflect historical norms.

The reason I used the term "cultural" is because I've seen first hand how the LW can acquire local airspace. Back in the day, sometimes it was so difficult to take off from front line Allied AFs because of the vulchcapping (I was there, vulchcap4lyfe) that Stukas could roam free. More recently, if a squad like JG26 comes in, they aren't afraid to go low and clear everything in their path(s of hate).

The point is, historically the Axis have a better K/D because they stick to the strengths of their aircraft and rely heavily on teamwork while the Allies rely less on teamwork because Spitfire... but if the Axis were willing to sacrifice some of that K/D by flying low and contesting local air dominance, their Stukas and 88s may pay back dividends on the ground above and beyond the drop on K/D.

Years of flying high have taught people that they can never ever even think of trying to fly low, when in fact it can be done. The general capabilities of respective aircraft have created two separate cultures on both sides. Hence the term "cultural".

And just for the record, I hate Spitfires and fly predominantly French ;)

POSITIVE OF COURSE... i hope all understand why it is important to let the game change for teamplay. if everyone would like, i would vote for removing MOBILE SPAWNs. just like in old days.

Right before they changed the stats system, I looked up the overall historical numbers for all Allied vs Axis fighters, and not just overall airforce K/D which included ground kills. I compared all fighters by the default setting (which included the 110 series) and the result was an Axis K/D of 1.05 (or an Allied K/D of 0.95). When I removed the 110 manually, the Axis K/D rose to 1.30 (or the Allied K/D dropped to 0.77). Your personal stats do not reflect historical norms.

The reason I used the term "cultural" is because I've seen first hand how the LW can acquire local airspace. Back in the day, sometimes it was so difficult to take off from front line Allied AFs because of the vulchcapping (I was there, vulchcap4lyfe) that Stukas could roam free. More recently, if a squad like JG26 comes in, they aren't afraid to go low and clear everything in their path(s of hate).

The point is, historically the Axis have a better K/D because they stick to the strengths of their aircraft and rely heavily on teamwork while the Allies rely less on teamwork because Spitfire... but if the Axis were willing to sacrifice some of that K/D by flying low and contesting local air dominance, their Stukas and 88s may pay back dividends on the ground above and beyond the drop on K/D.

Years of flying high have taught people that they can never ever even think of trying to fly low, when in fact it can be done. The general capabilities of respective aircraft have created two separate cultures on both sides. Hence the term "cultural".

And just for the record, I hate Spitfires and fly predominantly French ;)

I also predominantly flew French. I found their planes easy to fly.

I see your life time Axis Air K/D suffers the same fate as mine ;) .

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0