Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hierbart

How u like the new patch?

234 posts in this topic

I also predominantly flew French. I found their planes easy to fly.

I find them a joy to fly as well, but when it comes to fighting the Axis with them it's a whole other ball game. For as much as you hate fighting against Spitfires in 109s, fighting against 109s in most FAF aircraft is harder.

I see your life time Axis Air K/D suffers the same fate as mine ;) .

That's probably because I started flying Axis and then switched Allied (almost permanently) years ago. My skill got better as I flew more, which I assume is fairly normal ;)

Positive.

In my last two years in this game I have only stuck around to keep playing with my squad. I've seen more heavy fights in this game since they dropped this patch in a week than in the entirety of those two years - first time I find myself even logging in without squadmates online.

POSITIVE OF COURSE... i hope all understand why it is important to let the game change for teamplay. if everyone would like' date=' i would vote for removing MOBILE SPAWNs. just like in old days.[/quote']

I honestly loved the old days when you had to spawn at the fb and load up and go to town. But the move recently is deff a positive!

No.

Allied armor is too hard to kill and this patch reveals this glaring inequity.

Right; all of a sudden the Allied HC are super smart and they're all using TEAMWORK to roll Axis towns...

Don't piss in my face and tell me it's raining.

Whats your f2p name?

No, KChip has had it.

He's been a committed player in the 91st and will be missed.

I'm afraid you'll see a lot of committed Axis players leaving now.

Why would anyone want to deal with getting armor camped over and over again as is happening now?

No wonder you Allied turds like it... It's one big Sherman Campfest. Literally one AO to another of Sherms and M10s camping out wrecking paper Axis tanks. It's F@cked.

Edited by vasduten1

No, KChip has had it.

Why would anyone want to deal with getting armor camped over and over again as is happening now?

No wonder you Allied turds like it... It's one big Sherman Campfest. Literally one AO to another of Sherms and M10s camping out wrecking paper Axis tanks. It's F@cked.

I always wondered how the Axis would feel if we played the same way they did.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I always wondered how the Axis would feel if we played the same way they did.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Oh, PLEASE.

No, KChip has had it.

For a long while I was allied tz3, so I've felt the pain. Over the course of my 15 years here, I've been on both sides. Sometimes your the camped, sometimes the camper.

I'm sorry to see KChip leave. Really. I hope he changes his mind and comes back. I'm just saying let calmer heads prevail. Yes for some it really feels bad right now. I'm not going to get wrapped up in equipment balancing and spawn mechanics. All I'm really saying is that this is too small a sample of play to make rash judgments and leave the game. I'm hoping what your saying about your squad mates is mistaken.

I said this in another post but it is worth repeating here.

Part of the issue is that the patch was introduced late in the war during a high tier. If you really want to be objective about it and make a more reasoned decision then you have to keep the timing in mind, whether good or bad, when assessing the current game play. Eventually we get a new map and see how the current system really plays. Then we can make a much more informed decision about how the current system really plays like.

I'm sorry to see KChip leave. Really. I hope he changes his mind and comes back. I'm just saying let calmer heads prevail. Yes for some it really feels bad right now. I'm not going to get wrapped up in equipment balancing and spawn mechanics. All I'm really saying is that this is too small a sample of play to make rash judgments and leave the game. I'm hoping what your saying about your squad mates is mistaken.

I said this in another post but it is worth repeating here.

Part of the issue is that the patch was introduced late in the war during a high tier. If you really want to be objective about it and make a more reasoned decision then you have to keep the timing in mind, whether good or bad, when assessing the current game play. Eventually we get a new map and see how the current system really plays. Then we can make a much more informed decision about how the current system really plays like.

Holiday population also plays a part, at least when I play, I just get swarmed by the sheer number of Allied smgs and lmgs swarming every 10-20 seconds, and needing to defend a cp with a kar98k alone under constant fire from tanks and the amount of grenades thrown in lol. This has never happened before but is a thing now. But I actually really enjoyed the few moments when I played when both sides had a balanced pop with the new patch.

Edited by delta1262

I'm not a fan of the patch' date=' but I'm apparently part of the minority. Had a good run in this game, !S[/quote']

If I got a nickel each time an axis feigned to rage quit. I'd be rich.

2003 veteran?

Axis had some awesome years with truck based FRUs.

Get your heads out of your arse and FIGHT!

I agree that introducing a change like that mid-campaign wasn't the best idea ever. But this does not explain the axis situation by itself.

Before Christmas, the axis enjoyed a relatively steady massive overpop with 18-20% more TOM than the allies. Even on the first day of the campaign, it was already 10% more. We didn't even had a real CinC at the start of the map. I had to do the initial deployment, something I never did before. We still often don't have a real MOIC online, preferring to lead the map by committee.

You guys enjoyed a lot of overpop but couldn't seal the deal because of the resistance of some hard core allied players who have seen a LOT of this kind of **** before.

Now, with the patch and the pre-holiday rush over, population momentum changed a bit. Even more now with the Allies pushing back East.

I guarantee that, if axis gets another 20% more ToM period, they will move West just as fast as they did this map before the patch...

Edited by Lob12

Hi Folks

Remember to treat each other with respect please. Everyone here in these forums love this game enough to care to post their opinions. If they did not care they would not be here posting their opinions, especially the heated ones.

Respect each other and realize why they are posting.

Ok after a few more hours I see the changes to FRU system negative/worst.

I played Tanks even with RPATs and FRUs pretty well once you adapted by taking out the commander continuously scan 360 around you, avoid big bushes, set yourself near FRUs or in front of them and advance slowly as the battle progressed, so tanking was still viable for me & many people.

What I completely forgot was how bad camping were before FRUs, how infantry players were massacre and had very few opportunities to counter or have fun with more sizable infantry battles and how Tanks ruled.

I never managed to conquer towns or really provide amazing combine arms content to players with truck only FRUs. But with Infantry FRUs I managed to capture at least 3 towns one of those setting and commanding two panzer collumns together with some ML to set up FRUs all through chat and have honestly more fun after FRUs then before them.

With Truck only frus it's also very hard to break pre-camped towns if not impossible which provides really no fun or amazing content for the defenders.

Toys

Reserve SMG:

- Needs more 2 Clips and 1 Smoke Grenade

MP34

- The bullets are hitting too low, the fire needs to converge over the iron sight not below it.

Grease Gun

- First shot makes the gun shoot too upwards.(this gun has pistol cartridge and vertical grip)

-(AUDIO)Sound 3rd Person doesn't sound like a gun needs more explosive/crack

M1A1

-(AUDIO) 1st Person Sound doesn't sound like a weapon more like an airsoft.

FG 42

- (AUDIO) the sound again feels like it's a pistol catridge , it's a full fledge rifle catridge the same as that on the 98k. This gun was very loud.

MG 34(1st person audio sounds great and quite realistic)

- (AUDIO) the 3rd Person Audio is weird and instead of having the explosion audio to be prevalent you still have the Machine and Hammer audio of the MG 34.

- (AUDIO) same goes for all vehicles that have the MG 34, the hammer and machine sound of inserting and removing the round was kept inside the tank and what you hear outside was mostly the explosive sound.

Edited by pbveteran

With Truck only frus it's also very hard to break pre-camped towns if not impossible which provides really no fun or amazing content for the defenders.

With EWS there's no precamped towns, there's only sluggish response to a clear indication (unlike precamped ML Fru towns without indication).

Once a town is camped it is too late, or 90% of the time, normally that means the attacker got the upperhand preferrably after a hard fight.

That's also a good thing although nobody likes to be camped, but the map needs to move and we have to have winners and losers.

Tow Atgs, set Frus from neighbouring-backline towns to undermine the enemy ZoC or to cut their approach line from fb(s).

That's a system which has worked for both sides all those years we played with MSPs.

When I started to play this game in 2009, the 1st 6 months I got my ass whooped regularly on Wednesdays and Sundays due to an enemy with the WILL TO CREATE A BATTLE (not to avoid it which has been the trend in recent years) by combined arms and organization and planning and dedication.

Although I died a lot and got camped a lot, I also learned a lot and how to counter them. Sometimes it worked out and sometimes it didn't. But you bet it was the most fun I ever had in this game.

Having stealthy ML frus is all kinds of wrong in my book as to what this game used to be about.

But hey, I'm still around...

[Mod - all players are important to our community]

Edited by BADGER
Bashing the FTP is not good

Tow Atgs, set Frus from neighbouring-backline towns to undermine the enemy ZoC or to cut their approach line from fb(s).

That's a system which has worked for both sides all those years we played with MSPs..

No it didn't. The most effective defense against allied armor zerg years ago was setting DMS and stopping the tanks with infantry because we had 50 sappers per brig each with four antitank charges. Even at those numbers we'd run out and be left with ATRs. Infantry was incredibly important to counter allied armor in the first 1-5 minutes.

Couldn't count on ATGs to get out of the army base(a single DB7 many times could wipe out half the list of 88s), depot ATGs can't frontal the serious threats. If a hauler got out with ATGs they would be beaten to any decent spot by DAC/Pan cars or they'd be bombed because the allies also had air superiority.

[MOD-issue removed above so quote removed

Every player is important to us and their opinions are all equal in our eyes. While some may not agree with the FTP being part of our business model, it is important to remember that we own that business model and no reason to bash the players]

Edited by BADGER

No it didn't. The most effective defense against allied armor zerg years ago was setting DMS and stopping the tanks with infantry because we had 50 sappers per brig each with four antitank charges. Even at those numbers we'd run out and be left with ATRs. Infantry was incredibly important to counter allied armor in the first 1-5 minutes.

Couldn't count on ATGs to get out of the army base(a single DB7 many times could wipe out half the list of 88s), depot ATGs can't frontal the serious threats. If a hauler got out with ATGs they would be beaten to any decent spot by DAC/Pan cars or they'd be bombed because the allies also had air superiority.

Then how on earth did you poor things win more maps than the Allies?

Then how on earth did you poor things win more maps than the Allies?

OP

When allies are OP axis town are capture much faster than when Axis is OP this is pretty much fact..(what we are seeing now)

If I'm not wrong the faster campaign was won by allies they overrun us with their matties and db7 and our 88's could never leave town I think under a week and before FRUs of course.

OP

When allies are OP axis town are capture much faster than when Axis is OP this is pretty much fact..(what we are seeing now)

If I'm not wrong the faster campaign was won by allies they overrun us with their matties and db7 and our 88's could never leave town I think under a week and before FRUs of course.

Oh look he said its a fact! It must be true!

Oh look he said its a fact! It must be true!

Lol *I wrote "pretty much fact" it's not 100% fact still it's in my opinion and personal experience .. but I think it's fact that the faster campaign was won by Allies I was there saw it happen saw how impotent we were.

At least it was so on 2012.

Edited by pbveteran

Fact:

Back a couple of years ago, under Bloodhun23's CinC days, we rolled the Allies in like 3 days once.

Once.

:)

If alot of you are saying that atgs and tanks are far superior now on the battlefield can we please make bombs more effective towards tanks without having to get a direct hit on them. Gives pilots stuff to do and also gives pilots a reason to defend the area. It also gives me a chance to actually kill a tank. I think I have 1 tank kill out of the millions of bombs I have dropped lol.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0