Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hierbart

How u like the new patch?

234 posts in this topic

If alot of you are saying that atgs and tanks are far superior now on the battlefield can we please make bombs more effective towards tanks without having to get a direct hit on them. Gives pilots stuff to do and also gives pilots a reason to defend the area. It also gives me a chance to actually kill a tank. I think I have 1 tank kill out of the millions of bombs I have dropped lol.

+1 xD I feel your pain, I remember every time that I was killed by an airplane 3 actually in probably 1000-2000 tank sorties.

Negative.

I was here from the beginning. Seen many changes to the game. Many people love this concept of a single server large map with combined arms battles. Since returning (again) after a 5 year hiatus, I found the game enjoyable. The ML spawn really made the infantry game fun. It was not a tank camp battle, which is why so many people moved on from wwiiol. We called it Quank.

Now, the mechanics have changed. The game I subscribed to (because it was fun) is not the same game. Don't get me wrong, I like to tank sometimes. I like to fly sometimes. But the infantry game is more heart pounding. It was fun. Then the patch. Guys that had to defend cps as inf guarding/ recapping/ capping are sitting in tanks. The fru's are farther away. It doesn't take much thought to figure this out. More tanks guarding approaches, inf advancing (farther) over open country to get to town.

There is another thread asking about "what is bge". Imo, it's Quank again. And Quank lost customers. There is a fairly prolific player, Bar , who has gone on record as saying no thanks. He an inf guy. Inf play is badly effected by this change.

Bottom line. Camps aren't much fun. Tank camps suck. Air camps suck. Now combine.

How did we ever end up going backwards!!??

And to anyone who asks - didn't you unsub? Well, turns out I have 2 more weeks paid up. After 2 days break, I felt I was letting my squad mates down and fellow axis down. I'm not a quitter and I do care about the game. But there is no going back to Quank for me (you call it zerg or shermageddeon now).

A large negative, though I think I made that clear in another thread.

The infantry game is less swift, less responsive, less fun.

There is almost no way to break a tank camp now, and your window to prevent one is very short.

It penalizes low population times and sides too much.

There is almost no way to break a tank camp now, and your window to prevent one is very short.

What do you mean exactly by Tank Camps?

The infantry now in game are having to play more sensibly. I was not in the war, but I can't imagine that infantry was ever the swiftest part of any of the forces. At least non-mechanized. Infantry, I imagine, rarely sprinted into the battlefield or hostile area. Infantry in most cases advances either slowly or moderately but hopefully with tactical precision. Infantry only sprint occasionally to cover short open distances or in a final closing maneuver. Sprinting was probably not recommended over large open areas as these would be avoided or traversed in formation and at a jog, saving sprinting for if you came under fire. And I imagine infantry always understood the concept of strength in numbers and the last thing a soldier wanted was to become separated from his squad. Infantry are not as glamorous to play at all times but they are still needed to capture so they have their moments.

I find it quite enjoyable to try and work in the field along with armor. If infantry were smart they would congregate in teams of 4-5 around armor when armor arrives and work with the tankers to advance. If numbers allow then strike teams should form up just behind friendly armor/infantry lines covering the backs of the armor and infantry attached. Making periodic strikes into the town once the lines are close and a clear path to town is evident. At any rate it gives more space for clear communications and opens up the opportunity for small skirmishes and larger strikes into enemy towns.

I don't find Armor or ATGs overpowered at all. I find that they are now able to operate in the field as they should. They are more prevalent because of the nature of the game. This is one area where realism gets stretched some but from my point of view for the benefit of the players having decent access to equipment as paying subscribers. They are certainly the bane of infantry but that should be the case and infantry should always give them wide birth or operate with friendly armor as much as possible.

Infantry just has to be played smarter not harder and should often be in the position of having to fall back or flank the enemy, whether that is a flank around or a flank on the objective. Infantry has to wait for the right opportunity to breach towns now. It is a fundamental difference in how we look at infantry roles and I prefer the roles that result from this type of spawn system, simply because in my mind they are more accurately represented.

The biggest difference for me with the patch. I used to play exclusively infantry and it is my favorite vehicle but now I am able to play armor much more and will start expanding to the ATGs and AAA as they are more accessible and are now more naturally protected among or behind the lines which are clearer than ever. My advice, play more than infantry and if you play infantry, play smarter and more sensibly. The first step in doing that is to slow down.

Edited by stonecomet

Allow me to point out, respectfully, that all three of these last comments are asinine or someone has their head in the sand.

Smythes: I'll assume that this is an honest question. Pop over to Axis for a night, in high pop time. That will explain it far better than I can.

Stonecomet: By your own admission, you play allied, and haven't played Axis since the patch. Of course you aren't seeing any problems with the patch. Its probably great. I see you expending a lot of typing time hyping it up, for sure.

Lob12: Hmm, lets see. Because you are a very, very experienced, good shot, [against the TOS and not needed - MOD], knows the best spots, and usually has a concentrated pool of easy targets in the above mentioned tank camps?

Got lots of targets these days in TZ3? No? Hmm, why not? Maybe because no one is playing it on the Axis side, because you can't accomplish much. This patch gutted our infantry game, and we don't have the numbers to make the new system work.

I'm out. This is pointless. We will either make it work somehow, or suffer through until balance is achieved, or...like many have done already, quit or go allied. Ick.

Edited by BADGER

Got lots of targets these days in TZ3? No? Hmm, why not? Maybe because no one is playing it on the Axis side, because you can't accomplish much.

Yeah, its harder to cap when we got people online. You got that right. I will also add that its easier to cap for us when we are more than 10 lol.

I'll take some screenshots of our enormous ant trails when I get the chance. We took many towns without armor...

Btw you guys too Lislet back last night, so someone somewhere accomplished something ;)

Basically its all about numbers. We already slew down a lot since the end of the holidays. Who knows when the momentum may change? Thats why you have to keep playing for your side.

If we all would have switched axis when you guys were capping 13 towns a day during TZ3, how could we have made that comeback? You never never know what may happen.

Edited by Lob12

I'm out. This is pointless. We will either make it work somehow, or suffer through until balance is achieved, or...like many have done already, quit or go allied. Ick.

Nothing Ick about it even. Go try the Allied side.

Allow me to point out, respectfully, that all three of these last comments are asinine or someone has their head in the sand.

Smythes: I'll assume that this is an honest question. Pop over to Axis for a night, in high pop time. That will explain it far better than I can.

Stonecomet: By your own admission, you play allied, and haven't played Axis since the patch. Of course you aren't seeing any problems with the patch. Its probably great. I see you expending a lot of typing time hyping it up, for sure.

Lob12: Hmm, lets see. Because you are a very, very experienced, good shot, [against the TOS and not needed - MOD], knows the best spots, and usually has a concentrated pool of easy targets in the above mentioned tank camps?

Got lots of targets these days in TZ3? No? Hmm, why not? Maybe because no one is playing it on the Axis side, because you can't accomplish much. This patch gutted our infantry game, and we don't have the numbers to make the new system work.

You know that 1/3 to 1/2 of his kills are from clearing CPs? He is always clearing cps.. and usually with a riffle to boot. Sure he knows great spots and is a good shot but I would not classify him as a "sniper" players. Hes very active. When he was axis I ran into him quite a bit... usually in the cp or running around in town. A few times he was staked out somewhere and I made it my mission to hunt him down. I also ran into him quite a bit when AEF was Axis same story... and now he is often around me or I him in game, actually much more often I would say because of the coordination needed during attacks and defense BECAUSE of the MS and the ability for both sides to keep a ZOC making spawn caps very dangerous and rewarding. Hell I cant remember the town but I logged in IIRC last Sunday to find a town under heavy Axis pressure with a spawn capped. It took us over an hour from the time I logged in to take it back because getting our tanks to help suppress the CP was a no go due to 2x 88s and a few tigers limiting our tank defense to cutting roads from the center of town. We only where able to recap after the Tigers where dead and the 88s eliminated... which we eventually did after being able to move a infantry brig in we where so low on infantry.

Smythes: I'll assume that this is an honest question. Pop over to Axis for a night' date=' in high pop time. [/quote']

Honest question.

CP camping or AB camping e.g. they are in your AB before you get chance to respond, or open field camping?

I wasn't going to respond, but I owe Lob12 an apology for the removed comment. Was out of line.

I am not quitting. Nor am I going Allied. I tried that when I first got here, and...yeah, no. If I'm on, I'll be trying my best to keep you the hell out of our towns. I love the people on Axis, and am sad that so many good ones have moved to the Allies.

Stankyus, I know how good Lob is, and I also know he clears and takes a lot of CPs. I've seen the places he kills from, how he kills, been killed a few times myself by him, heard people screaming unheard insults at him. I even have a recent kill on him (My only one, I think, to a multiple of his)...IN a CP. If I'm on (work takes up a lot of time), I'm usually grinding CPs, or defending them.

My comments weren't meant to imply that he is a sniper type, only that lately, after this patch, and especially this last week and a bit, that killing Axis has been easy mode. We're disorganized, running around like chickens with our heads cut off, many of our best organizers and players have logged in disgust, so yeah...no wonder any Allied killer can maintain good numbers, let alone someone of your skill, or Lob's.

Try maintaining good K/D as Axis, lately.

Smythes: The AB camp is the one I am referring to. Here is how it goes: We get EWS, someone experienced immediately screams "get defense out NOW". We usually have a city elsewhere on the brink of being lost, or an AO making progress, and limited numbers, so the response is small. A few smart, dedicated, FREE people get ATGs out, one or two, maybe a tank or two, a scout or two. Then the Tank Zerg starts to arrive, and EI start capping. More people trickle in, but its too late. You can let EI cap everything, OR try and kill the tanks. Which one do you do? Hmm, let me think...

So pretty soon, you are confined to your AB, with nine ETs sitting in it, and more out in the countryside, snipers and cutters everywhere, and you die repeatedly, with ZERO options to break the camp, like we did have. You sure aren't getting a truck out, are you? You can run one from elsewhere. Good luck on that before your AB is capped.

If you DO manage to push back, clear out, establish your ZOC, you just gutted your P1, and lost your other city defenses. Win/win...for the side with enough population to carry it.

My opinion, the way things are, is that we don't have the player numbers to make truck based FRUs viable AT ALL TIMES. It HAS to be viable at all times. This next campaign will be very interesting to watch. If anyone ever wins this one. You should, though. You have high enough population in Prime time to make hay while the sun shines. The rest of the time, there is no hay. Not since the patch.

My opinion' date=' the way things are, is that we don't have the player numbers to make truck based FRUs viable AT ALL TIMES.[/quote']

I hate to break it to you but slowing down the map outside of US prime time was the intent of the patch.

I hate to break it to you but slowing down the map outside of US prime time was the intent of the patch.

That is BS then, gotta cater to the Allied player base. If that was the true intent then it's crap and should be removed. Every side does not always play at the same time or with the same strength. I guess we can't have the Axis ever get an advantage whether through luck or the fortunes of war.

Who ROLLED the last 2 maps. Axos are just pissed because they can't wi them ALL.

It's all about numbers. You'll have them again I'm sure.

So quit with the "rage quit" whines. Geez!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I wasn't going to respond, but I owe Lob12 an apology for the removed comment. Was out of line.

I am not quitting. Nor am I going Allied. I tried that when I first got here, and...yeah, no. If I'm on, I'll be trying my best to keep you the hell out of our towns. I love the people on Axis, and am sad that so many good ones have moved to the Allies.

Stankyus, I know how good Lob is, and I also know he clears and takes a lot of CPs. I've seen the places he kills from, how he kills, been killed a few times myself by him, heard people screaming unheard insults at him. I even have a recent kill on him (My only one, I think, to a multiple of his)...IN a CP. If I'm on (work takes up a lot of time), I'm usually grinding CPs, or defending them.

My comments weren't meant to imply that he is a sniper type, only that lately, after this patch, and especially this last week and a bit, that killing Axis has been easy mode. We're disorganized, running around like chickens with our heads cut off, many of our best organizers and players have logged in disgust, so yeah...no wonder any Allied killer can maintain good numbers, let alone someone of your skill, or Lob's.

Try maintaining good K/D as Axis, lately.

Smythes: The AB camp is the one I am referring to. Here is how it goes: We get EWS, someone experienced immediately screams "get defense out NOW". We usually have a city elsewhere on the brink of being lost, or an AO making progress, and limited numbers, so the response is small. A few smart, dedicated, FREE people get ATGs out, one or two, maybe a tank or two, a scout or two. Then the Tank Zerg starts to arrive, and EI start capping. More people trickle in, but its too late. You can let EI cap everything, OR try and kill the tanks. Which one do you do? Hmm, let me think...

So pretty soon, you are confined to your AB, with nine ETs sitting in it, and more out in the countryside, snipers and cutters everywhere, and you die repeatedly, with ZERO options to break the camp, like we did have. You sure aren't getting a truck out, are you? You can run one from elsewhere. Good luck on that before your AB is capped.

If you DO manage to push back, clear out, establish your ZOC, you just gutted your P1, and lost your other city defenses. Win/win...for the side with enough population to carry it.

My opinion, the way things are, is that we don't have the player numbers to make truck based FRUs viable AT ALL TIMES. It HAS to be viable at all times. This next campaign will be very interesting to watch. If anyone ever wins this one. You should, though. You have high enough population in Prime time to make hay while the sun shines. The rest of the time, there is no hay. Not since the patch.

Let me ask a question, as I recognise genuine concern and consideration in a post when I see one - do you think the situation above is in any way different to how Allies felt last map? I remember having the exact same thoughts, the exact same feelings sat in towns stretching from Aalst back to Ashford.

The points you're making above are an entirely accurate depiction of what WWIIOL feels like when you're losing.

Last campaign it was us feeling that way, now it's you. That's the way this game, where only ony side can win works

Oh, we know it is. Why do you think there is so much anger? They gutted the game for everyone outside of US prime time.

Thanks Silky...I was under the impression that prior to this patch, the campaign wins were relatively equal. I can't swear to that, because I can't seem to find information right now. Odd that.

My concern isn't over losing. I honestly don't mind losing, if its a good fight. If you fight your best, and still go down, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Sure it hurts for a bit, but there is always the next campaign.

My concern is a bit different. When is the last time you saw much happen in US prime time for the Axis? We can/could defend mostly effectively, because EVERYONE was on defense, and we had defensive FRUs. The only time we made real offensive progress was TZ3, due to a higher population. That is now gutted, and the entire low population game is gutted. As someone forced to play mostly at low population times, it does not make me happy to be able to accomplish nothing of importance.

An addendum to that, and my other concern, is that anyone new logging in on the other TWO THIRDS of the 24 hour period, is going to go WTF?! and log right back out again. That, and tell all his gaming buddies that WW2 Online, Battleground Europe, is a wasteland, and not to bother.

Great way to get new people involved, especially on the back shifts, where both sides need them.

I hope we can balance the population, and have it grow, and I pray the Steam release saves us with a load of new players. The way things are right now, we need every one we can retain, because without a certain level of population, you aren't making any progress, or having much fun. Hell, even the Allied back shift is lower in numbers. Are you having trouble too, guys?

A PvP game, to be fun and retentive to a world gaming community, has to be Balanced (which yes, can be a *****), and playable at ALL times.

I hope that clarifies somewhat.

An addendum to that, and my other concern, is that anyone new logging in on the other TWO THIRDS of the 24 hour period, is going to go WTF?! and log right back out again. That, and tell all his gaming buddies that WW2 Online, Battleground Europe, is a wasteland, and not to bother.

Great way to get new people involved, especially on the back shifts, where both sides need them.

That's going to be a problem but a more immediate issue for CRS will the HC in off-prime hours not logging in. When HC doesn't log in then CRS is going to have to sub in their own employees.

Who ROLLED the last 2 maps. Axos are just pissed because they can't wi them ALL.

It's all about numbers. You'll have them again I'm sure.

So quit with the "rage quit" whines. Geez!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

lipton,

In the years that I've played this game I don't think I've seen the Axis side this upset. Honestly, it reminds me of the early days of the game before there were campaigns when the Axis used to dominate. The Allies used to come on these forums and vent about the problems they faced in game. They were right to do so.

Yes, the Axis rolled a few in a row. The Allies have done the same thing in the past. Yet when that happened there was not the level of contention we currently have. There are some players who have genuine concerns and they have just as much right as everyone else to voice them.

I don't think it's conducive to productive discussion to come in and essentially just tell the other side to shut up and quit whining. It only serves to make people actually pull the trigger on quitting the game. CRS has always been a company that is dangerously close to not making ends meet. They need all the paying gamers they can get. Just my two cents.

Oh, we know it is. Why do you think there is so much anger? They gutted the game for everyone outside of US prime time.

Thanks Silky...I was under the impression that prior to this patch, the campaign wins were relatively equal. I can't swear to that, because I can't seem to find information right now. Odd that.

My concern isn't over losing. I honestly don't mind losing, if its a good fight. If you fight your best, and still go down, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Sure it hurts for a bit, but there is always the next campaign.

My concern is a bit different. When is the last time you saw much happen in US prime time for the Axis? We can/could defend mostly effectively, because EVERYONE was on defense, and we had defensive FRUs. The only time we made real offensive progress was TZ3, due to a higher population. That is now gutted, and the entire low population game is gutted. As someone forced to play mostly at low population times, it does not make me happy to be able to accomplish nothing of importance.

I hope we can balance the population, and have it grow, and I pray the Steam release saves us with a load of new players. The way things are right now, we need every one we can retain, because without a certain level of population, you aren't making any progress, or having much fun. Hell, even the Allied back shift is lower in numbers. Are you having trouble too, guys?

A PvP game, to be fun and retentive to a world gaming community, has to be Balanced (which yes, can be a *****), and playable at ALL times.

I hope that clarifies somewhat.

even,

I keep seeing the drum beat message that the Axis can't compete in US prime time and that the only way they ever begin to move the map is on TZ3. The story seems to go that the Axis win in TZ3 until they break Allied morale, then they move the map west in all time zones. If that is in fact the truth and this patch has in fact adjusted the balance of TZ3 then I wouldn't worry about it.

If the above is true then it will reveal itself in time and the Allies will roll several maps. At some point, CRS will adjust the situation.

As for being playable at all times maybe some suggested solutions would help. Like for example, maybe cap timers could be adjusted based on server population for time zones where you simply can't bring 8 people with you into a CP. Maybe you adjust the maximum cap speed down to 4 people. I don't know. What I do know is that suggestions can't hurt.

saronin

I question the veracity of this statement. I cannot imagine that CRS's INTENT was to slow down the map outside of US prime time. It may have been an UNFORESEEN side effect. I see plenty of action during low population times it is just difficult to make the map move when there are not many on. That is the way it should be anyways. There are still battles and skirmishes they simply do not overly impact the game in the strategic sense.

To make the claim that CRS deliberately set out to do what you state or to make a change specifically to give one side a greater advantage such as Allies is just plain wrong and disingenuously presents a picture just to foment displeasure with the patch and CRS and the game in general.

I get that Axis has some issues with the new patch. Frankly I do not think they can point to one specific thing. Populations shift, real life timelines such as holidays conflict. Some old patterns and methods of playing the game are obsolete. Habits are hard to break. Please if you have a legitimate complaint that you can back up with evidence and experience then please make it.

All this post does is create a false impression of the development team and causes players to possibly falsely believe this claim and possibly leave the game or play less. And simply repeating your claim in different ways makes it no more valid. I validate your feelings but they are expressed wrongly in this case. At least from my point of view.

I question the veracity of this statement. I cannot imagine that CRS's INTENT was to slow down the map outside of US prime time. It may have been an UNFORESEEN side effect.

What are you flipping out about? The map moving when low numbers are online and consistently reversing the gains made by US prime time has been one of the biggest sources of complaints over the years. Like a lot of other changes to the game this was meant to address it. Simple as that.

There's going to be fewer instances of this now, but there will probably be other problems like a drop in participation and enthusiasm in off-prime hours.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0