Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hierbart

How u like the new patch?

234 posts in this topic

Just curious, GSC mentioned the fru was introduced in 2010. I have no date or source to verify when it was introduced but my feeling is we have it for maybe 3 years now and that when I started playing in 2009 the truck MSP certainly was around for at least 2 years.

Anyone here know exactly when it was introduced and/or can provide the patch date ?

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/10-production-notes/7607-v132-open-test-read-me

Seems to confirm sometime soon after sept 2010

You were implying an equality of outcomes by how each side, ahem, "feels." I was pointing out that the outcomes haven't been equal, recently. That this current campaign turned around as a direct result of this patch makes the equality of outcomes, and how the Allies, ahem, "felt," last campaign, even less relevant.

VR

Think I'll just direct anyone reading this back to my original comment which was sharing my thoughts with a Even, who seems a constructive, considered poster

Think I'll just direct anyone reading this back to my original comment which was sharing my thoughts with a Even' date=' who seems a constructive, considered poster[/quote']

Its your story. You tell it any way you want to.

VR

Edited by csm308

You were implying an equality of outcomes by how each side, ahem, "feels." I was pointing out that the outcomes haven't been equal, recently. That this current campaign turned around as a direct result of this patch makes the equality of outcomes, and how the Allies, ahem, "felt," last campaign, even less relevant.

VR

What about trying to log in and win it? Mister 46 sorties lol.

You guys couldn't finish the map with +20% TOM. Only have yourselves to blame.

CRS "advised" Axis HC to trot in place prior to the patch being released

Shake off that Superiority Complex will ya...

Ah yes, the old, "you're not playing enough to be permitted to speak" meme. A well worn tactic.

As for "not finishing it," we were well on the way to doing so. We had fully recovered from the divisional cutoff and were capping towns in the North again when the patch happened.

The map was not at a stalemate as some Allied revisionist historians have said.

VR

Edited by csm308

Good find.

However back then Soon meant it probably was in by mid 2011 :D.

I am however surprised, it didn't feel so long to me and I always felt like I've played much more years on the MSP system rather than the FRU.

Maybe I've just been slacking these last years...

Good find.

I am however surprised, it didn't feel so long to me and I always felt like I've played much more years on the MSP system rather than the FRU.

I agree, thought it more recent than 2010

Good find.

I've done a fast check on this pc. I have an ingame screenshot which confirms that the FRUs were in use at least from February, 15th, 2011. Probably earlier, but I used a different computer so I have no screens on this.

Ah yes, the old, "you're not playing enough to be permitted to speak" meme. A well worn tactic.

As for "not finishing it," we were well on the way to doing so. We had fully recovered from the divisional cutoff and were capping towns in the North again when the patch happened.

The map was not at a stalemate as some Allied revisionist historians have said.

VR

Exactly what buckmawjr told me when I was whining about the state of the map before the holidays "you're not logging in".

Well I responded by doing a good 1300 kills since then.

I was pissed when he said it but he was kinda right at the same time.

You guys were fine with enjoying a +20% overpop when it was rolling for you.

Axis still have more TOMs than allies on a campaign-long scale btw. So cry me a river really.

None of our last victories were won with margins of overpop like that.

We don't even have a real CinC this map. I was forced to do the initial deployment at the campaign start, me a reserve officer who never did it before.

CRS didn't gave us anything for free. I had to make a comment on your sortie number because it shows that you don't really know whats going on in game tbh. Just your comment about the Rats doing nothing for the axis is so inaccurate. Xoom and Badger were playing allied this map and they personally switched. I know Xoom even tried to lead an OP to counter-attack in game. I never saw him do something like that on the allied side when we were losing.

Stalemate is a just a term. What was sure is the map slew down and we benefited from a population surge after Christmas. Thats it.

I played like a maniac after the 25th. I know exactly what happened.

Edited by Lob12

11 Oct 2010

So 1 month of fun ( but imbalancing and infantry focussed) unlimited fru's amd then the worst nerf bat in history (10 min timers)? :rolleyes::D

Exactly what buckmawjr told me when I was whining about the state of the map before the holidays "you're not logging in".

Well I responded by doing a good 1300 kills since then.

I was pissed when he said it but he was kinda right at the same time.

You guys were fine with enjoying a +20% overpop when it was rolling for you.

Axis still have more TOMs than allies on a campaign-long scale btw. So cry me a river really.

None of our last victories were won with margins of overpop like that.

We don't even have a real CinC this map. I was forced to do the initial deployment at the campaign start, me a reserve officer who never did it before.

CRS didn't gave us anything for free. I had to make a comment on your sortie number because it shows that you don't really know whats going on in game tbh. Just your comment about the Rats doing nothing for the axis is so inaccurate. Xoom and Badger were playing allied this map and they personally switched. I know Xoom even tried to lead an OP to counter-attack in game. I never saw him do something like that on the allied side when we were losing.

Stalemate is a just a term. What was sure is the map slew down and we benefited from a population surge after Christmas. Thats it.

I played like a maniac after the 25th. I know exactly what happened.

The patch happened, that's what.

VR

The patch happened, that's what.

VR

So for you the post-Christmas period has nothing to do with the pop surge uh?

Personally, I started playing again when I got the time to play. I would have played anyway. Patch or not

The FRUs changes affected both sides equally. I don't see how anyone not biased could say that its because of that the axis started losing.

What changed was the +20% TOM you guys were enjoying before Christmas. You guys took advantage that many of us allies were busy IRL, but that couldn't last for ever.

FRU or no FRU, the axis would have won if they had kept their +20% TOM.

But they didn't.

You guys got the best infantry weapon of the game in the last patch. You can't seriously pretend the last patch was advantaging allies in any way. Not with a straight face.

What you think happened in game from the height of your 46 sorties doesn't reflect reality, sorry to say.

We were up to 3 AOs nearly non stop from the 26th to this monday. Now you can already notice population is lower.

Edited by Lob12

You guys got the best infantry weapon of the game in the last patch. You can't seriously pretend the last patch was advantaging allies in any way. Not with a straight face.

Best? I'd have to use the fg42 in combat but I don't see it as being much better than the BAR or mg34.

Best? I'd have to use the fg42 in combat but I don't see it as being much better than the BAR or mg34.

This weapon is a deadly piece of metal for sure. I usually don't survive when someone starts shooting on me with it, contrary to other weapons.

Its much more accurate than the Bar. MG34 still better in close combat and range suppression. But the fact that you can shoulder the Fg42 suits my playstyle much better.

In the end, theres no question that the FG42 IS the best weapon that was added in the last patch.

They're being spwned first now.

Edited by Lob12

I was in HC for Axis at the time we mastered the Allies in MSP days and we never embraced ZOC, zoc only works with zerg which was 23rd and ANZACs cup of tea.

ZOC is actually a myth ( like `Antwerp can`t be capped` - rember the myth of Antwerp?).

Axis didn`t do ZOC we just learnt to defeat Zerg but that took a lot of hard work training the PB and a big Squad and HC roster.

To tow atg guns out early, assign OICs to all DOs and AOs, use HTs and 88s, cover the link CP, kill the 4 compass corner msps, set def msps, scout out, hit fbs on the DO, anticipate air quake, conserve supply pre TZ1, hold in TZ2, gain in TZ3, KGW nights, standing order `Hold at Breda`, .fallback etc etc..

We only managed to defeat the Zerg (which has returned) because we hated it and loved the game, which it was killing. Allies tankers took so many spankings they eventually gave up and Chenea also came Axis as elite infantry.

Like I said then 23rd will Zerg the game to death ( with all due respect).

I remember the Allied tank zergs, and learning out to stop them but that was defensive, 95% of ZOCs are primarily offensive... To say we did not adapt the allied ZOC which made the tank zergs of the allies so successful early on and explain it away as tank zergs only is choosing half of the story and raises suspicion of an agenda. Trying to get inside those tank zergs was very difficult for sappers because - they had established a ZOC with infantry.

Also when I was with the 3rd PZ, we established ZOCs. MB we did not call them that, but it was defacto ZOC. WE set up our MSPs behind our tanks and 88s so they infantry would flow through the tank and atg lines forcing the infantry to cover them as we advanced. It worked very well. Hell even when I was with Sango Roto we set up our MSPs and 88s this way. We had 7-8 active members but would set up where everyone else was set up. That was a ZOC, I don't ever remembering anyone use the term ZOC either with Sango Roto or 3rd PZ until my last 2 maps with the 3rd PZ. I was primarily TZ3 at the time. We formed up, set up a ZOC then fought each other to get a kill on the very few TZ3 allied players.

Almost forgot, you mentioned it already... the defeat of the Allied tank zergs. It was getting out early.. why has that obvious reaction changed with the MSP? Did the FRU make it so easy that slow reaction was not necessary? The FRU does alleviate some of the slow reaction. It also destroyed more aspects of the game then it brought to the game. Flak traps died off, ATG lines died out, ZOCs or what ever acted like a ZOC where wiped out, FB defenses where ninja sapped, ABs where much easier to ninja cap with a magic insta infantry brigade popping up 400m from the AB.

That ALL being said, It could be argued that the infantry FRU has a place but IMHO has to be very limited. I have given a lot of thought to the infantry FRU. TBH I dislike the infantry FRU a lot, but I think it could be utilized.

My idea would be to attach a Marine force to Navy HQs only. Their numbers would be somewhere between infantry brigade numbers, and Navy infantry numbers. The Marines can use the FRU but would be very limited on engineers and sappers. Mb 1 or 2 non FRU spawnable RPATs, but spawnable from the MSP. The Marines could spawn from the spawnable too. The trade off would be that they protect the Deepwater ports with all the DD supply or go to inland shallow water ports giving up the DD supply in the process. I think that could be an incentive NOT to do HQ stacking, and limit the HQ warp supply. It would open up Island attacks with the FRU without destroying the ZOCs, tanking or atg game. If you are attacking a Navy HQ, you have to be very wary that the Marines can infiltrate making going after an HQ actually dangerous.

Outside of some severe limits to bringing the fru back like I suggest above, I don't want them back, period. I think that's the only way I could justify the FRU.

So for you the post-Christmas period has nothing to do with the pop surge uh?

Personally, I started playing again when I got the time to play. I would have played anyway. Patch or not

The FRUs changes affected both sides equally. I don't see how anyone not biased could say that its because of that the axis started losing.

What changed was the +20% TOM you guys were enjoying before Christmas. You guys took advantage that many of us allies were busy IRL, but that couldn't last for ever.

FRU or no FRU, the axis would have won if they had kept their +20% TOM.

But they didn't.

What you think happened in game from the height of your 46 sorties doesn't reflect reality, sorry to say.

We were up to 3 AOs nearly non stop from the 26th to this monday. Now you can already notice population is lower.

The implication of your diatribe (and a desperate sounding one at that) is that overnight, the Axis completely forgot how to play the game and decided to suck. Got it.

VR

The implication of your diatribe (and a desperate sounding one at that) is that overnight, the Axis completely forgot how to play the game and decided to suck. Got it.

VR

Nah. We logged in on the 26th and smashed them by recapturing Lille and Arras. Thats what happened. I was there :)

With French and British forces even :)

Whats so hard to understand?

Or are you not capable of accepting the fact that we can make comebacks?

You say its because of the patch. But then how do you explain the comeback we made during sgthenning's campaign then?

You need to log in more than twice per campaign, and maybe I'll have to admit that your opinion somehow reflects reality.

At least when I lose, although being a terrible sore loser myself, I never accuse CRS of bias or whine about gear imbalance lol.

Now, the patch timing wasn't the best for sure. I admitted that a couple of times already. But this alone can't explain what happened to the axis side.

I don't know why you think I sound desperate. I'm not among those threatening to unsub...

I've been playing a lot this map (especially after christmas because I was super busy in early December). I got first hand knowledge of what happened and I just don't like seeing people who barely played this map say that CRS gave us the map because of the patch. That's some sore loser bullcrap right there. I worked my ass off and others too for that comeback.

I gave credit to the axis after they pushed us back from Liège last map... It was nice seeing the axis play in Buckeyes' honour.

Edited by Lob12

A very interesting post from Stank in reply to you Actonman - I think the Key thing is not as much establishing an official stamp as a ZOC but making sure your infantry flows in the right direction in the attack and with the tanks.

Amusingly, whenever anyone says 20 tanks and 1 infantryman I remember the days of the old tank zergs before our terrain was buffed with more cover and we had FRU's :)

The thing about defensive infantry FRU's with infantry is very very rarely would they be placed in front of the attack (that is I nthe firing line(!!!)) but someone would spend 10 minutes walking right around that attack axis so the fru popped up in he rear or flank, not in front of the attack. So as such I think the inability to get a "FRU" out is actuall a good thing because invariably a FRU out meant the enemy instawarping into your rear or flank, removing any semblance of a front.

That is why I hated FRU's because they made the game so unrewarding and turned it into a game that rewarded stealth not fighting and control of the ground.

Look i remember the couple of days when the 23rd came to be Axis to show us how to do ZOC :D Oh the lolz that ensued when they all turned tail and fled back to their Allied armour.

ZOC is a myth it doesn`t exist for Axis offence, because a whole towns defence can just face a ZOC and mop up incoming - as in Rosendaal last night.

I also remember the nerfing of the Tiger due to Allied whinefest and the nerfing of the 88 due to Allied whine fest `it shoots like a `lazor` they said so CRS made it lob shells lol.

So many whines , so many nerfs but Axis never did a ZOC and Zerg, it was just not possible to be honest.

Edited by actonman

Look i remember the couple of days when the 23rd came to be Axis to show us how to do ZOC :D Oh the lolz that ensued when they all turned tail and fled back to their Allied armour.

ZOC is a myth it doesnt exist because a whole towns defence can just face a ZOC and mop up incoming - as in Rosendaal last night.

I also remember the nerfing of the Tiger due to Allied whinefest and the nerfing of the 88 due to Allied whine fest `it shoots like a `lazor` they said so CRS made it lob shells lol.

So many whines , so many nerfs but Axis never did a ZOC and Zerg, it was beneath our contempt to be honest.

KGW/ASA operated with a ZOC/zerg system... get real dude.

@CSM : 46 sorties. You've got more whine posts than that this map prolly.

Edited by Lob12

KGW/ASA operated with a ZOC system... get real dude.

@CSM : 46 sorties. You've got more whine posts than that this map prolly.

Lies ! All the Axis squads had their own specialities I am 3pzg and you know what we were up to - having breakfast :cool:

Edited by actonman

Lies !

You can call it a different name but thats how they would operate. Occupy the terrain with panzers/ATGs and cover their advancing infantry with them. The problem was really the fookin SD back then. And 3DLM when it was playing allied :)

I've played with them many maps. Against them even more.

Edited by Lob12

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0