Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sunsanchez

Spawn Delay

21 posts in this topic

It caps out at 30 sec (and even that is only if one side grossly out numbers the other). An annoyance yes, but tolerable. Stand up and stretch while waiting on it.

SD can be 6 fricken minutes, or it could have been more. Im just sayen it causes me to log off. I would rather fight against the 250 lag or whatever, Im still playing. SD limits my play time.

SD can be 6 fricken minutes' date=' or it could have been more. Im just sayen it causes me to log off. I would rather fight against the 250 lag or whatever, Im still playing. SD limits my play time.[/quote']

Swap to the underpop - no sd.

spawn the underpop is realistic? Why the response like this. I really am not asking for a player based response. I am asking for CRS to respond, they have in the past Im sure about this, but come on, its getting old. SPAWN DELAY SUCKS.

It's been here forever and it will stay, it HAS to stay until further down the road, just maybe, one day a viable solution is found and POSSIBLE to code.

Until then, 30 seconds is the lowest max SD we ever had and frankly if you have a problem with waiting 30 secs I don't know what to tell you.

You have problems if 30 seconds is too long to wait.

I hate SD as much as the next guy, but you are the first one to complain about it in months.

How many stop signs or red lights do you have on the way to work? It was 10 for me each way.

Lets say I stop for one minute at each light

20 minutes/day

5200 minutes/year (260 work days)

104,000 minutes over a 20 yr period.

or

72.2 days sitting at a light during that 20 years.

sry too much coffee.

spawn the underpop is realistic? Why the response like this. I really am not asking for a player based response. I am asking for CRS to respond' date=' they have in the past Im sure about this, but come on, its getting old. SPAWN DELAY SUCKS.[/quote']

it's a game if it were realistic we'd all only have 1 life per mapset. SD is intended to slow a side when it grossly outnumbers the other.

30 sec SD is far better than the alternative of having no SD.

You may like not having SD when you are overpop, but when you are on the receiving end of an overpop roll, SD is the only thing that may end up keeping you from logging off the game permanently.

As Capco stated it, only tool that is available atm. Truly hope theres better mechanism in works but meanwhile:

That 30 seconds is way too low, should be lot higher to make true effect with really steep curve after 1.5:1 ratio to encourage numberwise fair gameplay.

If you constantly play with 3:1 odds it takes fun away unless you like clubbing baby seals...

It also should take count on locational numbers, type of spawned equipment, kills made and what those killed unit operators do next...

respawn or log off and really punish fixed spawn camping with overpop

30 sec really does not hurt the game...

but also does not solve anything.

It does not serve to balance and does not disturb.

30sd simply useless!!!!!

30 sec really does not hurt the game...

but also does not solve anything.

It does not serve to balance and does not disturb.

30sd simply useless!!!!!

I think SD is a must!

1- 30Secs does help... It decreases the steamroll speed of the Overpopulated side.

2- 30Secs is a normal max time on multiple games like Battlefield. Over that it's too much and starts hurting gameplay for the OP.. An outnumber fight in this game can be a lot of fun, with further investment on PPOs it would be even better.

Yesterday Axis was very underpop but we managed to have some space to get our own kills and enjoy some battles that were already lost but would still provide some enjoyable content.

In contrast in the past we had unlimited SD which just broke the battle, even an overpopulated side could not win a battle because SD was equalizing the number of players fighting at one time in the world.

With no SD you would leave the battle much sooner because it was too easy and camping was much faster.

I think there isn't much you can do to fix this issue and this the best solution there would ever be, in a non open world game you could make maps that are more bias towards an underpopulated side, here you can't.

The other thing you can do is promote switching side when underpopulated with bonus XP etc.. but this can't never be mandatory for a seamless open world game like this.

Edited by pbveteran

SD sucks so bad, Im really thinking about switching to German for a while. Ive had all this time off this week and Im just not getting into the game because of it.

Not long ago, we were up to 300-400 seconds for spawn delay. That got reduced to 120, and is now capped at 30.

To reach 30 seconds spawn delay will require a pretty overpopulated side. If you can't handle that, you might be a twitch gamer :). But seriously, we're drafting plans for new game balancing mechanisms to work on sometime after 1.35 is deployed live.

We recognize the need to work on game balancing mechanisms and we're making genuinely good progress in terms of game development all around. Hang in there, be patient, or if you're not associated with a squad and are welcome to side switching, we encourage that you help the underpopulated side.

S!

Im definitely not a twitcher, I just find that the 30 seconds, even 10 seconds after the death cam roll for despawn and the possible brown screen of russian people getting killed little tid bits of reading (which I enjoy), it is much longer than 30 seconds to spawn in. I have a different opinion than others, thats all this post really was, I guess, maybe just a ***** (no fricken-where near the *****ing others have). Definitely ok with the game and all of that, I would prefer not to sit around and wait to spawn in. I ended up leaving my squad, (sorry allfor), and went to play German. A couple of people have greeted me there and so far I am happy with the switch, however its only been one afternoon.

This is quite enjoyable to spawn in without delay. SD worked I guess to get someone, maybe others to join the low pop side.

"I have a different opinion than others"

No, nobody likes spwn delay.

But intelligent players know something like that is needed to balance side population somehow.

30 seconds is very reasonable in this game. Unless you like spwning non-stop in a camped environment, 30 secs isn't much in a normal ww2online sortie.

Sorry Lob12 that Im not as intelligent as you. Id say a few other ignorant words as well, but Im sure I would get banned for it. This is always the case when it comes to these posts and why I refrained from them in the past. It always comes down to some online tough guy having to take it to this point.

Umtil igets meself sum merr brain cells, I will leave this up to u duh Lob12 guy. Lead the way.

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your insight to the matter, the world is better off. Just gonna leave it there. Damn.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0