• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kuronyra

A newbie, a plane, and that game. Your experience?

9 posts in this topic

Multiples times I have been joining this game again. Taking breaks and returning for short period of times. But not this time!

This time, I will stay until I FINALLY accomplish my goal:

What goal?

- Win a freaking dogfight!

I won't lie when I tell it's the Air Combat that really interest me. (It is not exactly easy to do something on the ground with a ping of 150 average.) and the planes are the only element I can actually do something. (Managed to get rank 3 and managed to shootdown some planes. But mostly by luck.)

When I fly, it is usually alone (I've recently started to go on the teamspeak to go with the other pilots. Already a much better experience. :D )

I've read everything I could in the wiki about the advanced combat manoeuvers like the Yoyo, Hammerhead and etc.

Slowly I'm progressing, I know it even if I can't do sh!t against a good pilot even if he's in a HAWK.

And here is why I am creating this thread. To ask this question:

Do you "feel" when you have finally become a good pilot. Is it like you have passed an obstacle and every thing feels more "fluids"?

Could you tell your experience? And if you have the time, give somes tips? :)

From a French Pilot AKA Fromage qui pue.

|KuroNyra|

I had that after crashing 50 times with lifting off with mouse and finally making it in the air! Then after I knew how to do it and now its kinda easy.

Same goes for dogfighting :P

Multiples times I have been joining this game again. Taking breaks and returning for short period of times. But not this time!

This time, I will stay until I FINALLY accomplish my goal:

What goal?

- Win a freaking dogfight!

I won't lie when I tell it's the Air Combat that really interest me. (It is not exactly easy to do something on the ground with a ping of 150 average.) and the planes are the only element I can actually do something. (Managed to get rank 3 and managed to shootdown some planes. But mostly by luck.)

When I fly, it is usually alone (I've recently started to go on the teamspeak to go with the other pilots. Already a much better experience. :D )

I've read everything I could in the wiki about the advanced combat manoeuvers like the Yoyo, Hammerhead and etc.

Slowly I'm progressing, I know it even if I can't do sh!t against a good pilot even if he's in a HAWK.

And here is why I am creating this thread. To ask this question:

Do you "feel" when you have finally become a good pilot. Is it like you have passed an obstacle and every thing feels more "fluids"?

Could you tell your experience? And if you have the time, give somes tips? :)

From a French Pilot AKA Fromage qui pue.

|KuroNyra|

Jump on TS on Zulu channel all the way at the bottom usually someone on more than glad to try and help.

This is a really good document on flying if you're the reading type: http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/lento_ohjeet/inpursuit/inpursuit.pdf

But the best teacher is experience. Especially a shared experience. Try to fly with others on TS as often as you can.

I'm not a good pilot so I can't tell you about feeling like one, but I do know that I no longer feel like a noob. You will know you are at this stage when you feel comfortable taking on other any other aircraft... as long as you know they aren't one of a handful of pilots that should always be avoided (jester, makoshark, zippy, shifty, etc.).

That's a nice goal. It takes a special skill and lots of exp to shoot another decent pilot down. I read guides like the one above, know all the moves, settings right, but still takes practice to get that kill shot. Fly with Zulu and on ts would up your odds tremendously I'm sure.

I've shot down more ea with tailgunners than fighters lol. However, on just my second allied fighter sortie, ages ago, I got a dogfight kill..mmmm. Much respect for our Axis fighter pilots!

GL! on that kill

Been flying for 2 years and still below average pilot. Still getting shot down a lot and having serous difficulties in hitting anything.

But... I am geting moments. Moments like today when I did a rolling scissor and managed to gain an upper hand to spit that was behind me. Or some time ago, when I won an in an out of clouds 1-1 fight with F4 in a Hawk.

Just keep on fighting and you will learn. Trying other games or changing sides some times will help. I play war thunder simulator battle weekly with a friend. Has helped a lot and reduced frustration that you some times get here. There you can also spectate how the good pilots fly. But i still think air game is better here when the numbers are good.

And invest in TrackIR. It is just an awesome controller. Will help your SA a lot. An also fun to ride with tanks when you can look around with it.

Edited by fbucker

And invest in TrackIR. It is just an awesome controller. Will help your SA a lot.

TIR is for knewbs.. and those hats make u look funny. ;)

Very useful if you can get used to it. Not my cup of tea on my normal flying condition...

I did it! :)

Fought a Hurricane near Ath (I think) and managed to get him all on my own. With a allies watching over. :)

Minutes laters I destroyed a P322!

Now I am currently flying with Allies and trying the spitfire. We just had a massive battle over Bresken. Sadly couldn't do **** since the AA guns were up. (Not mentionning the 3 DDs. :D )

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0