• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stonecomet

Frustrated for the right reasons

69 posts in this topic

The Axis were rolling so hard prior to Tuesday of that week I did not even write about the campaign in the community report. I had figured it would be over before the community report was published. I write the reports starting Sundays. The map stopped on Monday. I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday that the unit was sent to training. Many towns bounced back and forth prior to Thursday's patch release day.

This is actually normal and predictable, what I call the Strategic Calendar- times of the year where one side or the other is pop advantaged.

Allies are typically pop advantaged between Christmas and New Years.

Freeplayers should sub up or shutup

My opinion:rolleyes:

The General Discussion is there I think precisely for F2P to talk and perhaps be persuaded to sub, or not, and let their experience/viewpoint be known as to why they are not subbing if that is their decision.

As such, crapping on them in forum is likely not helpful in increasing subs.

For all those complaining about population nose diving' date=' how do you explain the consistent 3 ao's we've had the last week? [/quote']

(2010) Campaign #61: 9.218.710 TOM; 58 days; ≈159.000 minutes played per day

(2015) Campaign #119: 2.878.609 TOM; 33 days; ≈87.000 minutes played per day

I picked a random campaign of 2010 before the FRU implementation.

Obviously there is more to it but I'm not one to right a damn book on the forums.

Everyone saying work as a team, work zoc.....there are too many times you can't do this because of lack of teamwork, population.

How about the lone wolves ? They pay to play this game as well.

Most everyone knows where I like to play....in the field searching for armor, my game is gone. Who cares ? nobody really I will just find somewhere else to spend my money.

It sucks to see you unhappy with the patch Sal.

If hunting armor is the name of your game, maybe you should try to ATG a bit more. Since the patch I've had a couple fun sorties just pushing ATGs and AA out from town/FBs and working my way around the fields of our DO/AO.

I think if you gave the new ATG game a chance you might really like it! :)

The General Discussion is there I think precisely for F2P to talk and perhaps be persuaded to sub, or not, and let their experience/viewpoint be known as to why they are not subbing if that is their decision.

As such, crapping on them in forum is likely not helpful in increasing subs.

You know as well as i do that the F2P accounts here complaining arent new players on the verge of subbing.

Are you that naive?

How about blowing fb's ? I set a fru 1500 out from a fb yest. only for it to go down before I walked into the fb. It is total BS with the truck frus !!

How about blowing fb's ? I set a fru 1500 out from a fb yest. only for it to go down before I walked into the fb. It is total BS with the truck frus !!

So your plan was to make 8 trips to your FRU 1500m away to blow the fb? Was unlikely to work anyway imo :/ unless you had 8 engs.

Now FBs = hotdrop or big battle that requires suppression. One or the other.

Always make defensive missions for FB now.

All I want really want now is FRUs to be more solid. Sucks that they still go down to 1 nade.

Edited by Lob12

So there were no existing missions up before you drove to the FB?

You didnt see any friendly tags?

So your plan was to make 8 trips to your FRU 1500m away to blow the fb? Was unlikely to work anyway imo :/ unless you had 8 engs.

Now FBs = hotdrop or big battle that requires suppression. One or the other.

Always make defensive missions for FB now.

All I want really want now is FRUs to be more solid. Sucks that they still go down to 1 nade.

This must be why you don't help when I call for help at fb bust, way to go !!

You missing the frikin point

This must be why you don't help when I call for help at fb bust, way to go !!

You missing the frikin point

I'm on my way to a FB bust right now bro, this is really unnecessary.

Tbh, you've been raging a bit too much lately (no offense, I really appreciate you overall and I'm also subject to raging..). Maybe you need a little break. You keep logging off after yelling in caps lock in the side chan after somethings doesn't go like you would have liked.

Like the other day at Gent. Well, we took the town later...

I always come to help when I'm available. I'm often not...

And I didn't miss your point. All I'm saying is deploying a FRU 1500meters from a FB bust is bad tactics now with the damage threshold as it is.

Edited by Lob12

Obviously there is more to it but I'm not one to right a damn book on the forums.

Everyone saying work as a team, work zoc.....there are too many times you can't do this because of lack of teamwork, population.

How about the lone wolves ? They pay to play this game as well.

Most everyone knows where I like to play....in the field searching for armor, my game is gone. Who cares ? nobody really I will just find somewhere else to spend my money.

If this was true how are the allied side playing as a team?

You know as well as i do that the F2P accounts here complaining arent new players on the verge of subbing.

Are you that naive?

No, but I am stating what I believe the business reason was for having an Open forum in the first place. I have no inside knowledge of that, only posting what makes sense to me.

The other reason would be to attract critics here where the Rats can selectively respond.

Most of the things I suggest for the game is all about that First Hour people play, that's when you hook em or lose em, for reasons unknown to me the Original Rats intentionally or otherwise didn't focus on that, I'm hoping New Rats really pay attention and is a large component of future dev.

Edited by Kilemall

I bet i can go back in these forums and find a lot crying when the FRU's came into the game

So very true!!:D

And as long as they can play the intown, capture, run and gun game for free...they'll not resub.

Edited by boudreau

1 - The problem with a 51% majority is that pretty much 50% is ignored

2 - This is suppose to be a public test not a feature.

3 - The game lived and people play with FRUs, good tankers were still good tankers, ATGs and AA were used more by the defenders(a loss but in real life they were also better in this roles plus ATGs look ugly and are pretty buggy and sitting ducks against infantry, it's not wise to shed much light on this side of the game). Forcing another divisive feature in a already small player base is not a smart move.

1- In this situation the reverse is also true. For many years 50% has been ignored and I'm one of them although I came into that 50% not long ago.

2- It is a public test and CRS has been closely monitoring the situation and will continue to do so. The public test should probably run more than a partial campaign before decisions are made. Especially if the change is not more detrimental than before the change.

3- I've seen plenty of some of the best tankers in the game leave because of the infantry placed FRU. In addition the current spawn system makes tanks more accessible to the rest of the player base with lesser skills than the ones that honed their skills against the infantry placed FRU. It's easier to tank now. Fun. I also know plenty of players that love their ATGs. It is the same divisive issue, its always been there since the introduction of the infantry placed FRU. No one is forcing a new divisive issue into the game.

Having an all damage HP is bad since you can comfortably destroyed at distance without generating any content and will required few to no teamwork.

As you may know taking down an FB requires teamwork and coordination and/or skill, some FB's are only possible to destroy with combine arms.

This basically adds some of that FB gameplay to the game, since it's closer to town the defenders will be able to experience and more easily organize a combine arms push cuz AB is closer.(Having a combine arms push/progression is definitely where this game shines)

And even in real life "ZOCs" could be bombed and shelled but this would only disrupt rather than eliminate them.

I'm flexible on this point but disagree for now. Mainly because from my point of view the MSP is different from the ZOC. The ZOC should be centered around the MSP but are different things altogether.

Ideally the max should be 1 Gun and 1 AA but I think having not the full access to the supply list has been said by rats to be difficult to implement. So having more brigades with less supply would limited that negative impact, the min FRU distance could be increase to 400m as well(this is the most efficient solution)

The problem with FRU's is that most of the time it can be harder to tow an ATG or AA to defend the FRU.

Allowing an ATG or AA to spawn makes it easier to defend the FRU from Air and Tanks and players can spawn them when it's secure or when there is a need for it requiring less players and more generate more content to experience, with trucks you can more easily reposition those ATGs that spawn.

*It's pretty bad gathering a handful of guns with players expecting to enjoy some content but have them all killed by a lone flanker.

(The ideal system for me would be that each gun by pressing a key would spawn a truck that the player could control. It would add a more realistic life to the battlefield, more targets, more flexibility and no 10+Guns being towed by a single truck. But this is beyond CRS capabilities.)

I agree with some of what you say here especially the idea that ATGs spawn with there own trucks. The lone flanker is much more rare under the new spawn system because it is more difficulty for them to get in position now. The lone flanker was much more prevalent under the old system, which is why the ATG game got to where it was. Since trucks are being used much more now the chance of getting a tow are greater than ever for ATGs.

This game is very very far from a small coop or singleplayer game.

This is the most accurate definition of the game strength:

"Massive Combine Arms Fully PvP Non-Instanced Game with some Depth"

You should never force in a game a style of play you should promote it,

the more people you can include with the more styles of gameplay without compromising the game strengths the better, since you have more players you have more money and generate more content.

Good teamwork does not require a mic or TS, these are required because there isn't good enough tools to allow teamworks. In other games I can said easily what I'm going to do with 2 keys, set a waypoint or draw my plan of attack on a map.

My point was that this is not a single player or small coop game. My point was that the game is an intense, time consuming, military simulation of WWII in an MMO. My point was that the spawn system should not be used to accommodate casual play or short term sessions. We agree that it is not that kind of game then.

The strengths you just listed are what is actually occurring in game right now even more so because of the change. From my point of view the infantry placed MSP directly compromises the games strengths as you describe. I am promoting the new play style.

The ML has all those tools you just described and if I can get a good team on my mission I use Mission Chat and the markers (one key stroke and a right click drop down menu to place) to do the things you say cannot be done in this game. If I am with my squad then I get to enjoy some voice comms, but I still use Mission Chat and ML Icons primarily as the ML because there may be other players not on channel in the mission.

Obliviously but in some AO with some age you will be killed 99.99999% of the time. 70%+ Is quite high and I'm imagining that particular time was against an U.P. Side.

Really? Are you telling me that most steam users have the patient to be killed over and over again 70% of time or spawn in a camped FRU or trying to deploy a FRU in hot AO 1km and Run 1km to get in a CP and be one-shotted. Doubt it but negative feedback will come from many more other aspects of the game.

I haven't seen what you describe here. I have yet to see anything close to a 99% death rate for trucks during a hot AO that has been running for hours. You also have it backwards my survival rate in a very small sample of experience is 70%-75% in a truck during a hot AO and I was being nice, my survival rate is probably higher than that. My death rate in a truck under those conditions would be 25%-30% but honestly because of the type of player I am it is most likely 20% or below. Unless the FB is being suppressed, in which case I would stop spawning trucks. You should not be running in to town anymore. What soldier runs 1k directly into an enemy town? We became used to straight line infantry movement because of the infantry placed FRU. Flanking, one of the major tenets of sound military operations will now rule the day.

I do not expect the vast majority of STEAM users to have the patience for this game. I expect that there are a solid amount of players that will appreciate the strengths of the game for what they are. We cannot nor should try to compete and capture that part of the STEAM market because there are way too many games out there that right now do the capture twitch gamers much better than we can. We should focus on capturing what we can, as much of that small demographic of players that appreciate this style of game. STEAM is more about exposure to our small demographic not trying to capture as many of the twitch gamers that we can from my point of view.

...but... who the hell has that kind of time to devote to a fuggin video game?

I stopped playing Life is Feudal for the same reasons. I CANT spend half my week online gaming.

The game change back to the old style of play , truck spawn fru with tanks and at guns slugging away, who has the advantage(axis or allied)i dont really care . what i care is now as an infantry players with limited time there is much less action. We need more fru . i let the usual suspect show up and show off there wisdom. maybe there can be something else that can help truck fru create more spawn points, just an idea

The unfortunate part about a Steam release is that a compromise had to be made somewhere.

If we wait until the release and then prepare the game for the change in pop, we may have quicker action in the short term, but in the long term we are likely miss our chance at getting those people to stick around since the development would take time.

If we prepare for more pop before the Steam release, we stand a better chance at retaining a larger portion of the pop influx. However, until the Steam release comes, we may have issues with casuals finding action from time to time. The one good part about the timing of this release is that it coincided with the holiday season, and so currently the truck based FRU is flourishing. All we need now is to sit tight until the Steam release and I can almost guarantee that fun will be found a plenty.

Just give it a chance! Let this rule set live until Steam comes. When we get the pop increase that comes with it, there will be enough action going on created by the hardcores that the casuals will still have a chance to have fun with minimal time.

(2010) Campaign #61: 9.218.710 TOM; 58 days; ≈159.000 minutes played per day

(2015) Campaign #119: 2.878.609 TOM; 33 days; ≈87.000 minutes played per day

I picked a random campaign of 2010 before the FRU implementation.

Interresting numbers. But i'd say we generally had a higher pop back then, yes?

Spawn an Opel or Laffy, pick up some friends. Drive a FRU out. Then do a truck hotdrop at a spawnable after placing the FRU. Quicker action, less downtime. And there's a fru set up for those that die to come back.

Edited by forrest

Interresting numbers. But i'd say we generally had a higher pop back then' date=' yes?[/quote']

Yes back in days and it will NEVER get up again only one down the hill and said the CRS not listen the players the pay and still pray.

And some in CRS has good intention still BUT very few.

The unfortunate part about a Steam release is that a compromise had to be made somewhere.

If we wait until the release and then prepare the game for the change in pop, we may have quicker action in the short term, but in the long term we are likely miss our chance at getting those people to stick around since the development would take time.

If we prepare for more pop before the Steam release, we stand a better chance at retaining a larger portion of the pop influx. However, until the Steam release comes, we may have issues with casuals finding action from time to time. The one good part about the timing of this release is that it coincided with the holiday season, and so currently the truck based FRU is flourishing. All we need now is to sit tight until the Steam release and I can almost guarantee that fun will be found a plenty.

Just give it a chance! Let this rule set live until Steam comes. When we get the pop increase that comes with it, there will be enough action going on created by the hardcores that the casuals will still have a chance to have fun with minimal time.

We're currently at 20% of the server capacity and 1.35 increases it with 2.5 times. I think server wise it won't be an issue :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0