Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stonecomet

Frustrated for the right reasons

69 posts in this topic

People who disagree with your changes are criers and whiners. That mentality is not going to keep subscribers.

Welcome back soldier brought me back. Allies were rolling and with the old fru system. Alot of axis players, like myself stayed. The next campaign started shaky, but we stayed. We wanted it more. The game seemed FUN. Reasonable walks to town and a fairer chance to cap a town and kill ETs. Now its a slaughter. LONG walks. Mowed down by ETs. ATG is not fun imo. Pushing and constantly steering only to get a 1st shot and not kill the ET or have a ei walk up and pistol you. ZOC sounded good. I voted for it without really really thinking about it. The only real way to set a fru is at 1500m and then walk, and walk, and walk. Then walk some more.

Lafere the other night was a fiasco. But what a sugar coating it got. I was there. I saw what happened. Aalst last night was the last straw for me. I was towing guns. We had frus. We had tigers. We had Pak guns. Tigers were quickly degunned. ATGs were slaughtered. Fru's went down. A well set up attack was over, really before it began.

Now my posts are being removed. Opposition silenced.

A game needs to be FUN. IMO it was fun, and more balanced with ML fru's. We both had them. Infantry could move, fru's could move, axis attacks could survive. Alllied tankers had to spawn inf to recap rather than sit and mow down incoming walkers like it is now. I could go on and on and on. I didn't here anything other than it will have to wait for 1.35 which is probably xmas 2016 away if not 2017.

Its QUANK now. Its NOT fun.

Your posts are being removed because they are not constructive criticism and are overly emotional.

It's quite clear that critical and negative comments are not only permitted but are being responded to and listened to as part of the debate and discussion the devs have made clear is in progress

I'm pissed. And I'll martyr myself for the silent axis players. No problem. Call a spade a spade. Its QUANK with bushes.

Your posts are being removed because they are not constructive criticism and are overly emotional.

It's quite clear that critical and negative comments are not only permitted but are being responded to and listened to as part of the debate and discussion the devs have made clear is in progress

That was a beautiful answer. Made me tear up a little. Sniff :)

Been around since 2002 and rarely post, but I believe that I need to voice my opinion on this matter. I am unhappy with the new FRU system and will not play game (boycott) at all for a few months. I hope it changes when I come back in the spring.

I'm pissed. And I'll martyr myself for the silent axis players. No problem. Call a spade a spade. Its QUANK with bushes.

It would be my pleasure to help you martyr yourself, in game of course.

Delusions of grandeur

This is a game forum. Martyrdom and self-sacrifice don't really exist here

I'd recommend you post your thoughts but try to keep them rational and try to contain your emotion

Is everybody forgetting that the FRU change is merely a test?

If anything it makes sense to have dropped it when they did - during high population of the holidays, and let it run through and into the lower levels of "normal" population we currently have.

At least then it can be observed how the game change functions in the different population levels.

We don't learn anything if everybody starts rage quitting because they are finding out they are not as good as they thought they were.

Edited by tuesday12

If anything it makes sense to have dropped it when they did - during high population of the holidays, and let it run through and into the lower levels of "normal" population we currently have.

At least then it can be observed how the game change functions in the different population levels.

We don't learn anything if everybody starts rage quitting because they are finding out they are not as good as they thought they were.

The effects were easily predictable before the patch. Things like making it easier to defend a town with armor/air, harder to defend with infantry, and curtailing server activity during lowpop were expected results and that's actually the point of this thread, to justify and celebrate them as positive changes.

Take a break ffs...to unsub because your losing is very ghey of you guys....i camped your towns

Test is over my friend, XOOM had already endorsed it.

It was a true display of what these changes are capable of bringing about. As I was out there doing each grinding (non-shooting task) it felt like I went back in time and started seeing some really awesome displays of what the game used to be.

• Logistics: Deploying FRU's & guns, re-supplying forward tanks or guns.
  • Combined Arms: CAS & CAP, taking out bridges. Infantry protecting tanks.
  • Teamwork: Comms and focused effort required to accomplish missions.
  • Paratroopers: Dropped in over the battle at its height.
  • Immersion: The sound of air planes flying over head, guns shooting and the whole battle in complete chaos.
  • Difficulty: You had to be consistent to keep your FRU up, a dedicated truck driver (or two+) will work well. You had to EARN the foothold.

I was really hopeful that for the first time players got the feeling of what it will take to make battles work. It's not the same, it is harder, but when it all comes together it's a fantastic display and immersive game play experience.

As one veteran mentioned to me last night, "We used to play like this, us vets just need to shake the dust off and remember how to do it, and teach the new guys."

We were on teamspeak together having a great time and coordinating the initial set up of the town, and we all had to work hard at it, but after we got it set up things really started coming together and the Axis PB really responded and got involved.

Kudos to the Allies for fighting back and pushing us out of town, we thought we had you. Until next time...

People who disagree with your changes are criers and whiners. That mentality is not going to keep subscribers.

Welcome back soldier brought me back. Allies were rolling and with the old fru system. Alot of axis players, like myself stayed. The next campaign started shaky, but we stayed. We wanted it more. The game seemed FUN. Reasonable walks to town and a fairer chance to cap a town and kill ETs. Now its a slaughter. LONG walks. Mowed down by ETs. ATG is not fun imo. Pushing and constantly steering only to get a 1st shot and not kill the ET or have a ei walk up and pistol you. ZOC sounded good. I voted for it without really really thinking about it. The only real way to set a fru is at 1500m and then walk, and walk, and walk. Then walk some more.

Lafere the other night was a fiasco. But what a sugar coating it got. I was there. I saw what happened. Aalst last night was the last straw for me. I was towing guns. We had frus. We had tigers. We had Pak guns. Tigers were quickly degunned. ATGs were slaughtered. Fru's went down. A well set up attack was over, really before it began.

Now my posts are being removed. Opposition silenced.

A game needs to be FUN. IMO it was fun, and more balanced with ML fru's. We both had them. Infantry could move, fru's could move, axis attacks could survive. Alllied tankers had to spawn inf to recap rather than sit and mow down incoming walkers like it is now. I could go on and on and on. I didn't here anything other than it will have to wait for 1.35 which is probably xmas 2016 away if not 2017.

Its QUANK now. Its NOT fun.

Kchip

I feel your pain. I haven't had much fun lately either. I remain optimistic that CRS will eventually find the balance though. Remember that this is not the old CRS team. It is a new team with new ideas and their own vision for the game. Give them some time to work it out. You have to admit there is more development now then we have seen in years.

If you really want to send a message. Just go allied. I mean it. I'm not joking. If enough axis players log in to the other side and the map is rolled over and over in the allies favor, CRS will find a solution. In fact, I would guess the solution would become a development priority for them. If you really are that mad, gather up other folks that are not happy and form an allied unit.

If you really want to send a message. Just go allied. I mean it. I'm not joking. If enough axis players log in to the other side and the map is rolled over and over in the allies favor, CRS will find a solution. In fact, I would guess the solution would become a development priority for them. If you really are that mad, gather up other folks that are not happy and form an allied unit.

Sure, if you have 0 self-respect or loyalty to your side/squad, go ahead :rolleyes:

wtf kind of talk is this.

You guys were bound to lose with an attitude like that.

You plan doing that every time you get rolled over?

BACK IN MY DAY!!!

We loaded up a truck with infantry and ran it in to town..... Just an idea

Sure, if you have 0 self-respect or loyalty to your side/squad, go ahead :rolleyes:

When you pay my subscription, you can tell me where and what to spawn. Until then, you may pound sand ;) .

I don't think this will happen. I think allies will get tired of fighting against nobody and will split their forces so they have someone to play with.

When you pay my subscription' date=' you can tell me where and what to spawn. Until then, you may pound sand ;) .[/quote']

Cool u guys come allied and we go axis and smack ya around from the grey side

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0