Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chry

How do you move INTO a town? (warning: dumb question)

12 posts in this topic

This *might* sound incredibly stupid, BUT....

I logged on for the first time in probably a couple of years or so, and realized that I have no idea how to travel to a town that we are ATTACKING

When I played regularly, I tended to defend all the time, but last night there was only the attack on Berry-au-Bac to join, so I logged onto the brigade screen for the units that were fighting there

The nearest missions were at the FB from Laon, the AB at Sissonne and the AB at Dizy...nothing in Berry itself

as I say, I don't recall EXACTLY how it used to work, but didn't we used to

be able to spawn at CP's in the town if we controlled the linked FB?

What about mobile spawns? do they still exist? didn't we used to be able

to post a mission and drive a truck to the outskirts of town and spawn there?

Are there still trucks? We used to be able to ride on them from the FB into town...

Must say it was a pain having to jog back into Berry from the FB every time I got whacked... how does this work now? Did I miss something when I logged in?

If the attackers owns the same cp as the fb they can spawn in at that depot in town.

Otherwise people can make msps nearer to town using trucks and boots can spawn at these. You see a tick at the mission screen for an msp.

Generally recruits or greentags run to town from the fb.

That's how I thought that it worked, but (it seemed that) there was no way to spawn at the town itself...the only missions that were up were based at FB's or neighbouring towns....

It seemed like we lost the town and A/F because we couldn't spawn any inf

locally, having to travel all the way from the FB took too long

Who decides where the missions start and stop?

Do the players still post missions, or does the host create them?

Sorry for asking dumb questions, but I can't find any information on

how the game works now, so my apologies

If there is a manual or how-to guide, I'll just shut up and read it...:)

Anyone can make a mission, except FreeToPlay, so you would need a mission made at the CP in the town to spawn in. But you would need to own that CP and the linked FB if an attacker.

True there is not much info on such a fundamental thing as making missions and CPs. A lot of new players don`t even realise you must click the town name on the map to see the flags so they dont even know where or what cp is.

You should use the ingame-chat (brigade/mission/side/ or help channel), you allways going receive help from the players.

Use the theater map tab, rightclick on a nearby town, join brigade.

Try out multiple brigades like this and you can find one that has a mobile spawn up.

Otherwise use the active battles tab to get to a fun mission.

You may have just experienced an attack that was stalled or being recalled.

If there is an AO on a town and we own an FB for the attack you have to create a mission from the FB, get a truck and place an MSP near the town. Doing this alone these days is a risky proposition and placing one too close to town alone is just futile. Best thing to do if there are no missions up is to create the mission yourself.

Go to main map.

Right click on a linked town we own and join a brigade from that town.

Press the mission creation button on the map. (Left hand side)

Left click on FB or AB or CP depending and select it as your origin.

Left Click on the town you are attacking and select it as your target.

Once you have done that spawn in a truck and start calling for ATGs or armor support or even some infantry to ride out with you. If you get support move out and find a good spot 800-900m from town where you can start pushing towards town. If you do not get support and you want to play the stealth game then place the MSP > 1K. You have greater travel distances but that only enhances the stealth experience from my point of view.

Good Luck

S!

Good Info, thanks guys!

I suspect stonecomet might be right, after thinking about it for a while, it occurred to me that we might not have owned the town, even though

all the flags were Allied, so that might explain why we couldn't spawn from

the AB's

I'll try those suggestions, thanks for the advice!

S!

-chry-

If you're logging in during the late evening or night, Canada time, you also may just have experienced one of the long lulls we have now, as we drive in and place MSPs, they get destroyed, drive in more, etc. Its generally quite a bit longer process than it used to be, with a lot more boredom between waves.

Getting the ball rolling with your own mission during these times, as pointed out above, is the best way.

In this day and age.....with youtube and all......someone should make small clips on how to do the basic stuff and post them here or on the wiki.

In this day and age.....with youtube and all......someone should make small clips on how to do the basic stuff and post them here or on the wiki.

Think sascha has a channel with one of his videos teaching new players how to warp.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0