• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tyrdaimp

**POLL** Tank Over Haul

7 posts in this topic

POLL #1

Do you guy think that Different Tanks should have different reload times? (YES) (NO)

For Examples:

M4a3E8 Sherman fires at 10.49 Rounds per Minute.

M4a1 Sherman fires at 7.45 Rounds per Minute.

M10 Wolverine fires at 7.08 Rounds per Minute.

Matilda fires at 17.65 Rounds per Minute.

ChurchHill Vii Fires at 18.63 Rounds per Minute.

Cruiser IV Fires at 17.86 Rounds per Minute.

Crusader fires at 24.29 Rounds per Minute.

PZ.kpfw. 38t fires at 17.05 Rounds per Minute.

PZ.4D Fires at 15.79 rounds Per minute.

PZ.4G Fires at 11.91 Rounds Per Minute.

Tiger Fires at 8.57 Rounds Per Minute.

Stug 3G Fires at 9.56 Rounds Per Minute.

PZ2c Fires at 92.78 Rounds Per Minute.

Somua S35 Fires at 15.54 Rounds per Minute.

POLL # 2

Do you think tanks should have more damage modules?

(YES) (NO)

Some examples are:

Turret Ring Damaged

Combat Optics Damaged

Loader dead | Loading time slowed 50%

POLL # 3

With the upcoming Medics for WWIIOL, Do you think there should be field repairs for vehicles?

(YES) (NO)

Some examples are:

Engineer | Sapper class slowly repairing Tank Tracks, or Turret Ring, Drive Train, or Engine.

Repair Truck Quickly Repairing all major components.

Please make this poll huge!! Lets make something of this!!!

If they do not already then yes. I have not timed them but I suspect they are different.

Yes, more damage modeling should be a good thing, no?

Maybe.

Only a special lightly armored engineers truck should be able to make field repairs to either track, engine or turrets of tanks. These repairs even with a truck should take some time. Minimum 3 minute timer. 5 minute timer recommended. This should be the case with bridge repair as well. Sappers or infantrymen should not in any way be able to repair vehicles or bridges if we ever get a repair truck. I'm OK with stretching the limit on AI tower repair by infantrymen but if we get a repair truck then engineers can only repair AI with their tools.

#1 YES, depended on real times

# 2 YES

# 3 YES, light repairs by tank crew (tracks only) or by engineers, heavier repairs only with trucks (truck must bring the tools to make bigger repairs: engine parts, turret ring, gun barrel).

The thing about the gun reload times is because when i was fighting a tiger tank at 1.6km, we fired at the same time until one of us ran out of ammo. which he did first, so i drove at him to fire off my last HE rounds.

1) Yes. This is something CRS should have done from day one. That it was not is embarrassing.

2) Yes. However, this would require more detailed models and thus more RAM. Until CRS gets out of being stuck in the previous century and goes 64bit we can continue to expect RAM limits to be used as the default knee-jerk dismissal of anything like this.

3) No. The average length of time is this game between a tank becoming disabled and it being destroyed is probably under 30 seconds. I do not see the point in allocating resources to a lost cause.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0