Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vasduten1

Resupply at Spawn Depots

11 posts in this topic

6. Ideas should be posted in detail

Add resupply in the garage area of spawn depots so that engineers, etc can get resupplied while standing in an OWNED depot and not just next to a truck or FRU.

6a. How does the idea work?

See above.

6b. How does it affect game mechanics?

Since the FRUS are now far fewer than before, and sappers, engineers and MG ammo is harder to resupply without respawning, this would help gve everyone more ammo if they are in town and close to an occupied spawn depot garage.

6c. What is the intended goal of your idea?

To resupply engineers, moistly. I was running around trying to get AI back up and ran out of repair kits, and then ran out of HE charges to keep a key bridge blown. There was on truck rolling around reloading tankers, but every time I ran up to him he rolled off.

I thought, "Dammit... why don't these depots act as DEPOTS and give us ammo and supply?!?!?

Hmmmm????

I would add that ATGs could also be reloaded in garages too.

Maybe even if a tank backs or gets a corner of his tank in there too.

A great idea, would help on city defense.

I despawn constantly to rearm, this would provide for longer missions on defense.

Vehicle Spawns (all) Infantry Spawns (all) and ATG/AAA Spawns (all)

SHOULD BE supply areas for each type it can spawn.

Add a short distance to the Inf. Tent at FBs, seeing as how

you cant get back into the tent.

It only stands to reason the place you spawn from should have SUPPLIES

to feed what has been spawned.

So if you are in a city you have infinite resupply?

Only if you can get your arse into the depot. I understand this complaint though. It might give defenders a bit of an edge. But if you require that all of the vehicle or person has to be in the spawn or depot I have little issue with anyone having unlimited access to ammo in those conditions. Usually in these cases the life expectancy of the vehicle or soldier is shorter than the need or benefit of resupply. Usually these conditions occur when the spawn is being suppressed.

So you would not just have infinite supply within the city, you would have to be within a spawn. I'm not sure what to think of that yet but it sounds reasonable.

So if you are in a city you have infinite resupply?

So standing next to a truck or having a truck parked behind a tank isn't a problem with you and infinite supply?

All I'm saying is that resupplying engineers and ATGs shouldn't be totally and completely dependent on a truck being nearby.

The truck gives you infinite supplies, so why not the spawn points?

Why should you have to despawn to resupply?

And no you wouldn't have infinite supplies as your life expectancy would

preclude that. So very few players would live that long.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0