Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
throggy

Launch day returning player....

31 posts in this topic

Don't expect them to explain to you everything that happened, or didn't happen, in the last 15 years lol. Damn boi. Nice blue, underlined text btw. Very flashy.

CRS is mainly composed of volunteers now, so really all this "gimme gimme" attitude is just frustrating for them and thats prolly why Xoom snapped a little bit lol. I actually like him more when hes like that haha ;)

It always amuses me that a player feels entitled to come in and tell the developer and the community what they think is wrong with the game in very frank (and sometimes inaccurate or just superficial) opinions but rapidly retreat behind the "you can't talk like that to a customer" defence if the developer is anything other than grovelingly accepting of the players comments.

Word.

I've always loved how CRS, usually at least, gives you the accurate picture on any issue. Very little sugar-coating.

Also, not sure it was a good idea to give posting rights to F2Ps...

Edited by Lob12

LOL Throggy!

ya think you are just pissed off at life in general? Go play one of the games that is NOT around anymore.......you didn't even bother to read the game development plan that is available for everyone.....

I've been waiting to post on this thread. I'm just not sure what to think of it. Yes you are a valued potential customer and we would love you to join our community and provide constructive feedback.

I mean you are either a master troll and Xoom stepped right into it or you do not care to take the time to present your case in a civil manner. I'm not even going to go into the veracity of any of your statements as all of it was simply presented poorly from my point of view.

The development team 15 years later is a new development team comprised mainly of community members that played the game and stepped in before the game completely died. If you took some time to get to know the community again and the new development team, my guess would be you would be apologetic and ashamed of how you presented yourself. You have every right to post your concerns if you feel what you are paying for is not up to your standards. It's really about the way you present it.

As for Xoom. Yes, he should have taken it on the chin and responded with a bit more civility, I could even tell that he was holding back a bit. What you have to realize is that we are a community and Xoom is not some customer service personnel on a different continent. He is someone who we relate with every day and he is human. I've seen him take it on the chin many times. I'm sorry you were offended by his curt response even though I understand how it could have happened.

So why don't you play some more and get to know the community, although I'd say you've kind of started on the wrong foot and might have to mend some bridges. CRS is making the changes and eventually they will get the different starter accounts straightened out. More importantly read some more around the forums and get to know the new development team before making harsh judgments. I sense a bit of entitlement from you because of your "day one" status. That's great, but honestly from your post, it doesn't really impress me much.

I think giving and getting feedback is utterly critical and has a lot to do with why I have never signed an NDA.

I've said things here that likely would have got me banned from most game forums, but since I say them in the context of making a better game and with all due respect to what the game is even right now, I don't get hammered and hopefully they listen to at least some of it.

One thing you cannot do though is post nastily. That gets you a fast trip to the trash vault and mod action.

The OP didn't do that per se, just a little mean and got a response, just saying that in general the Rats have always accepted a lot more then most game publishers, but they do have a limit which can be avoided with just a little self control.

Another is demanding this or that feature and expecting it to happen.

I can go into the resources vs. incredible scope and courage of the game features, even 15 years later, and that's valid.

But a bigger issue is even if CRS had a $10 mil annual new content budget, the game will NEVER be exactly what any specific person wants.

Including any given Rat.

Because of competing agendas, WWIIOL has to get into features of what the game NEEDS rather then what Johnny Wants and Sue's Must Haves.

The risk is not strongly appealing to just tankers or just air guys or just inf.

The reward is a combined arms mix that no one is going to touch for another 10-20 years, until game PCs are powerful enough to just crunch through an insanely complex engine.

I believe DOC stole XOOMs account :D

Anyway, does this game have a lot of problems ? You bet. Is this the best game ever ? No. Are the Rats (past and present) the best ? haha ... no.

This is still a (really) great game and I think lots of people hate it, but keep on coming back, because deep inside they know that they actually enjoy playing it (and the potential this game has is also undeniable).

So throggy mate ... get out of the closet and assume that deep deep inside you actually love it. We wont judge.

Edited by saintj

As for the Pacific Theater, budgetary constraints led to staff reductions which prohibited anything but keeping the doors open for a while. We'd all love to see different theaters, but it's just been this last year that the game has gotten back on its feet and we are now able to release new content.

Patching has become more frequent and the company is more responsive to user feedback than it has ever been (June 2001 player here). I feel really good about the prospects of the game right now, and it's all because we have a great community of players that have stuck with us through thick and thin. There may be 'better' games out there (in some peoples' opinions), there may be bigger dev teams, but NO game has the community that WWIIOL does. We've been through it all together and though we biotch and moan, we hang tight as a group. That, IMO is the best thing about this game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0