Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
undercova

@CRS: Awareness range change

30 posts in this topic

Any reason why the awareness range got reduced down to 2000m only ??

Vehicles now disappear at 2000m range. in the past you were able to see them up to 3000m

P.S.: im not the only that recognized this change and its a serverside change. nothing to do with client patching

Edited by undercova

performance' date=' if i recall correctly.[/quote']

performance ??

server side ?? we dont have that many players online at all

and if its a client thing then you should be able to reduce details on your own pc for your own client. but not decrease something vital like this in the game for all

Ground unit visible distance has been 2.5k for many years (5+?). Are we saying this has changed recently?

The render distances should currently be :-

Infantry - 700m.

Ground units - 2.5k.

Ships - 6k.

Planes - 3k? (never really sure about that one)

Ground unit visible distance has been 2.5k for many years (5+?). Are we saying this has changed recently?

The render distances should currently be :-

Infantry - 700m.

Ground units - 2.5k.

Ships - 6k.

Planes - 3k? (never really sure about that one)

Yes its 2km.

I was sat over watch on an allied fb recently. Measured to distance to the veh tent at 2020m or something. But I saw no vehicles until they moved out a few meters.

For the second or 3 time in the campaign I caught a tiger in the city north of Houffalize and prepared for the walk.

I stopped the 2k N Houffalize ..

lots marks ets

they said that Tiger has to get the long distance

I did it

lots marks ets ...

I saw nothing ..

15 minutes (noob) later I decided to move 200m

magic!

I saw some ets ...

why throw tiger is not ve anything else?

very late

I entered the range of efrus..

sappers!

Tiger sux!

(sry translation)

Edited by kareca

so why did this really get changed to 2000m ??

just because some ppl still didnt upgrade their PCs since launch of the game ?? lol

1 person likes this

This got changed in 1.3x (2010-2011?) patch because of stutters and all kinds of crap performance.

Perhaps in 1.35 they can up the limits as they once were, would be nice to see inf at 1k(900?) again :).

This got changed in 1.3x (2010-2011?) patch because of stutters and all kinds of crap performance.

Perhaps in 1.35 they can up the limits as they once were, would be nice to see inf at 1k(900?) again :).

uhm nope. a few months even weeks ago as far as i can remember it was possible to see enemy tanks/vehicles past 2.000m. so it got changed lately

1 person likes this

This seems odd, not buying it. Been 2.5k for years (far as I know); no way the reason is performance, CPUs faster than ever today. Why wasn't this an issue 3 years ago, or 4 years ago?

If anything, need to up the infantry vis range from 700m to 800m, or even 900m or 1000m maybe.

Lowering the range really cripples axis Tiger and 88, of what little use there is for them already.

I'm pretty sure a couple of weeks ago it still was higher than 2k if not by much. Like some say officially it has been 2.5k for a while now.

I'm pretty sure a couple of weeks ago it still was higher than 2k if not by much. Like some say officially it has been 2.5k for a while now.

shells disappear at 2.6km distance

visual ange was like 3-4km i would say

1 person likes this

shells disappear at 2.6km distance

visual ange was like 3-4km i would say

Shells timeout (disappear at different ranges). Each shell type has a timeout set on it after which the shell disappears. Of course this means that the same round shot by guns with different velocities will travel different distances.

Destroyer 5" shells will travel up to 10K, useful for shelling a factory, but not much use on other ships as EDD's only render out to 6k.

ya, it shouldnt have changed from the 2.5k that it's been for a while now. if you are noticing something different, please report it in the bug forum along with your testing that you did to come to this conclusion.

I should've been clearer in my post, what i ment was they changed INF vis to 700 from 900-1000m few years back because of lag / performance issues.

I'd reckon 2.5k still is good today for the tank game, but im more of a inf soldier then tanker so..i might be wrong on that.

If the draw distance has changed in the last year then I'm pretty sure it's a bug: At least as far as I'm aware, nothing related to view distances has been touched, intentionally or otherwise.

Assuming it's real, one possibility is it might be related to the network issues 1.34 has been having. In that case, all I can offer is "Wait until 1.35". Sucks, but I can at least say we've been making some decent progress on that front in the last week or two. smile.gif

From another thread

Currently 1.34 continued to give us unexpected "features." We do not tell it to, and yet it decides to do it. We have seen some side effects from the latest patches, and this one is something that came from the last one based on the forum posts lately.

Victarus mentioned to wait till 1.35 which is a more stable code platform that fixes many issues, like the offset, the lag, and many other issues. While we are excited about 1.35, we also are trying to not overstate and making it a miracle patch. We do believe that it is a much more stable code, and that we are seeing many improvements in many areas, not only on game play issues, but also help with development in the future.

Right now, our primary focus as a team is the 1.35. The more resources we put on it, the faster we can get it into beta testing. If we divert resources from it, it makes it slower to get into beta testing, and slower to release.

As players, we can not wait for 1.35 to get out since what you see is what we see too. It affects our gaming experience as much as it does yours. Everyone member of our team plays the game. Xoom has started his Hero Builder push to help increase funding to increase the team size. Which since taking the reigns Xoom has increased the team size many times over. The team is made up of primary volunteers and part time employees. They utilize their professional skills to help move our game forward. Looking at the past months, you can see the increase in forward momentum as more patches have been released. The team has been able to study the guts that make up the game, and have been able to push forward.

Er... Ahem...

Well, I looked into it, and it turns out someone may have miscounted the number of commas in a config file, which might have meant that all of the EWS changes were actually being made to the distances that models show up at. We're not going to name names, but I think we can all agree that, regardless of who may be at fault, blaming Xoom (instead of, say, me) is probably the best option available. :D

Fixed for the upcoming patch, and things are in place so this kind of error won't happen again. (On the plus side, this means that the infantry load distance has been increased this whole time; we'll be sticking with the new ranges there.) :)

Er... Ahem...

Well, I looked into it, and it turns out someone may have miscounted the number of commas in a config file, which might have meant that all of the EWS changes were actually being made to the distances that models show up at. We're not going to name names, but I think we can all agree that, regardless of who may be at fault, blaming Xoom (instead of, say, me) is probably the best option available. :D

Fixed for the upcoming patch, and things are in place so this kind of error won't happen again. (On the plus side, this means that the infantry load distance has been increased this whole time; we'll be sticking with the new ranges there.) :)

Monday's patch?

But I thought the ews changes would only come with the new patch?

There are some more adjustments in this one, but we also made some EWS changes with the last patch as well. (Well, we meant to, anyway.)

Monday's patch?

That's the current plan, I believe. :)

Er... Ahem...

Whew! I was fearing my eyes had really got worse as I can't hardly see anything when bombing unless I'm dead close...as in so close my bombs kill me.

Whew! I was fearing my eyes had really got worse as I can't hardly see anything when bombing unless I'm dead close...as in so close my bombs kill me.

I just started bombing again but that might have plagued me as well.

Still pilots like rans seem to do just fine bombing, how i don't know.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0