Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tyrdaimp

Halftrack Mobile Spawn

16 posts in this topic

with the Axis utilizing the 251 as a mobile spawn.

Americans with the M5 Half-Track.

English with the Universal carrier.

French with the Laffly thing (SEE LINK) http://s169.photobucket.com/user/SargeSurfat/media/bg42_promo/Laffly2-News.jpg.html?t=1279792102

With those implemented ingame they should remain them selves as a MSP, meaning they're more difficult to kill. possibly add a ai unit on the vehicle too.

with the Axis utilizing the 251 as a mobile spawn.

Americans with the M5 Half-Track.

English with the Universal carrier.

French with the Laffly thing (SEE LINK) http://s169.photobucket.com/user/SargeSurfat/media/bg42_promo/Laffly2-News.jpg.html?t=1279792102

With those implemented ingame they should remain them selves as a MSP, meaning they're more difficult to kill. possibly add a ai unit on the vehicle too.

I am SO on board with this idea.

I am not trying to whine, but I feel that if one side has an armed vehicle that can set FRUs Both sides ahould be able to do so.

I get the balancing of vehicles and we'll get there. I do not like the idea of having the vehicle be the MSP because that requires a player to stay in the vehicle for long periods of time while his friends are spawning in for the fight. Staying in the vehicle to support the MSP should be a choice not a requirement from my point of view. Unless your talking about something different.

French with the Laffly thing

AMDLafflyS15TOE.jpg

The S15TOE is cute, but was never used in Europe. It was colonial only.

Better for the French to have the Lorraine 39 APC in T0:

lorraine020.jpg

lorraine041.jpg

GSZal10Aug08_015_zpsqpurh2pb.jpg

Edited by jwilly

Are you requesting that your half track becomes the "Fru" instead of placing one?

I think he is saying that. I think so that the armed one would be manned and defend itself or possibly so the unit being armored and acting as the MSP would be hardier. I think that should be the operators choice after placing the FRU. Besides we are getting a more fortified version of the FRU eventually. I, personally, just DO NOT want to be stuck in a vehicle acting as an MSP for the duration of a mission and I am an extremely patient player that does a lot of those non direct combat duties like scouting, supplying, replenishing FRUs a fair amount of the time.

I think he is saying that. I think so that the armed one would be manned and defend itself or possibly so the unit being armored and acting as the MSP would be hardier. I think that should be the operators choice after placing the FRU. Besides we are getting a more fortified version of the FRU eventually. I' date=' personally, just DO NOT want to be stuck in a vehicle acting as an MSP for the duration of a mission and I am an extremely patient player that does a lot of those non direct combat duties like scouting, supplying, replenishing FRUs a fair amount of the time.[/quote']

What im saying is that instead of playing a fru crate, the HT becomes the FRU, and if possible. The gunner becomes a AI unit. Back in the day, the axis 251 could deploy as a MSP. And with that, it should be more difficult to kill than a regular fru, and the Plus side of a HT deployed as a MSP, it can be deployed inside a church, or any type of terrain, like in the old days.

Based on the idea of having mobile spawn points something like this could be made to increase immersion and realism.

Right now you go to some place with the vehicle and deploy the spawn point.

Then players will be able to magically spawn from the spawn point.

To add more immersion to the game and to the transport roles, this could be made:

When selecting the transport vehicle to spawn, the player can add infantry to the vehicle, this infantry is selected between the ones available to players spawn as. This will be limited by the amount of soldiers the vehicle can carry.

Those infantryman will stay inside the vehicle immobile.

Instead of magically spawning on the game like we do now, the players will spawn as one of the infantryman inside the vehicle and control them.

This add immersion and instead the idea proposed on this thread, you dont need to stay immobile like a tree while you wait to players spawn. You go to desired location and after all the soldiers respawn, you will need to go back to base to acquire more soldiers and go then go back to the area you want to 'deploy' the soldiers.

This also eliminate the problem with transport vehicles, were players dont enter them because they would have to wait there for more soldiers join the vehicle.

Wait, are you suggesting that the 251 is somehow "armored"?

hahahaha

I suppose they are only resistant to small arms fire, and the Allies don't have anything like it, but still... they are death traps just the same.

Wait, are you suggesting that the 251 is somehow "armored"?

hahahaha

I suppose they are only resistant to small arms fire, and the Allies don't have anything like it, but still... they are death traps just the same.

Would it be OK to say they are lightly armored. I don't know I've never used one. They seem to stand up better to small arms fire, as you stated, than their counterparts. Before we start reading too much imbalance into it, I don't think they are OP or anything. We would just like one of those death traps of our own if the time and resources come about. Everyone likes to try out a new ride.

Would it be OK to say they are lightly armored. I don't know I've never used one. They seem to stand up better to small arms fire' date=' as you stated, than their counterparts. Before we start reading too much imbalance into it, I don't think they are OP or anything. We would just like one of those death traps of our own if the time and resources come about. Everyone likes to try out a new ride.[/quote']

It has a machine gun and better armour but the slower speed does make it a bit easier to lob a grenade into the compartment. I do think the Allies should at least get something with a machine gun such as the Bren carrier. I also like how the number of soldiers spawn depends on how many trucks/ht on the field and how occupied the said vehicles are, as it simulates the reinforcement waves available. However, the German army was never fully motorised so many soldiers actually went into battle on foot, so not sure how this can be simulated.

Are you requesting that your half track becomes the "Fru" instead of placing one?

Basically how the MSP/UMS system was.

Instead of placing a fru (boxes) the truck remains stationary and people can spawn in. The truck driver can then decide to despawn (UMS) or stay as a MSP so he can move it at will.

Best thing would be if you could somehow respawn into the UMS when needed. Give people the possibility to spawn a new truck at the "spawn location" while instantly destroying the UMS PPO.

Make HTs spawnable while on the move and/or do not put any range restrictions on the spawning.

But don't do it until the Allies have an HT because such an idea would be totally unfair for only one side to utilize.

holy Crap the allied French have the wacky laffy *moved to tier zero and there opel *the laffy could tow the biggest guns and place fru since trucks could place frus and have been enjoying this for years now has a problem cause the freaking axis have a mg on theirs ....cry me not a single tear

Get over it !

holy Crap the allied French have the wacky laffy *moved to tier zero and there opel *the laffy could tow the biggest guns and place fru since trucks could place frus and have been enjoying this for years now has a problem cause the freaking axis have a mg on theirs ....cry me not a single tear

Get over it !

The wacky Laffy can place FRUs? Really?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0