Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

ATG'S flip over

cooperhawk

One thing that's been a issue for some time and really needs fixed is atg's flip over after the driver goes over a bump to fast.

If we're going to lower ews and encourage players to tow atgs on a attack AO first, then we need to fix them from rolling over only to never turn right side up.

Also inf need to be less like to fall off if the truck is bumped.

====

goes over a bump to fast

====

Hmm, actually, that might be a reasonable outcome - your ATG was damaged.

I'm guessing trucks didn't tow ATGs quickly over bumpy terrain or bumps.

Some of them are really annoying, like the American M5 3 inch (76.2 mm) gun. Nothing I could get done would fix it, although some improvement was made it was nowhere near enough. Was never given any code support however. With the new crew it looks like that can finally happen.

The reply we were left with (I was left with) was realistic but unsatisfactory. That would fall under the "towed too fast" category of response. Ever towed a heavy object at high speed on undulating ground using a flat hitch ? Very dangerous. Good way to jack knife the towing vehicle as well.

The unfairness of this of course, is that the other towed ATG's don't suffer the same fate.

Now that it appears coder support is available for such things ... maybe this too will finally be fixed. Lord knows I wish that had been the case when I was there. I tore my hair out over that issue for way too many years.

• 6 months later...

had similar problems with Kerbal Space Program's rovers, the fix in that game was putting the center of mass lower and making the wheelbase wider. or making the wheels stickier...

doc probably tried this but i needed something to say other than "bump".

2lber still wants to tip over forward while pushing. Mle34 still blacks out sometimes while pushing. Pak36 still has it's ridiculous 13x sights. M5 still flips while being towed.

Long list of ATG problems, almost all of them need some sort of fixing :/