• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
undercova

EWS range for trucks and guns lowered to 1500 meters

31 posts in this topic

The goal I believe, was to improve gameplay by keeping more people in the fight rather than guarding cities that don't need guarding.

I went over every forward base in game looking at distances to town. Here is what I found.

The absolute closest is Zeebrug to Oostende, 800m from the edge of Oostende. The farthest was out beyond 3000.

There are only 10 forward bases inside of 1500 meters to their target city, another 6 inside 1500 to airfields.

Add in 1500 to 2000 meters and that number goes way way up. I didn't bother counting there were so many.

So 1500 was a good place to start.

For me, its nice not having to defend a city because there's a guard at the forward base.

When I see EWS now, I know they are bringing the fight, and that's an improvement.

So how's it working for everyone else ?

When i see ews now they are already in the spawnable, all the other CPs and in the bunker and have the town surrounded, it`s a battlefield simulation not an iphone app.

Edited by actonman

The goal I believe, was to improve gameplay by keeping more people in the fight rather than guarding cities that don't need guarding.

I went over every forward base in game looking at distances to town. Here is what I found.

The absolute closest is Zeebrug to Oostende, 800m from the edge of Oostende. The farthest was out beyond 3000.

There are only 10 forward bases inside of 1500 meters to their target city, another 6 inside 1500 to airfields.

Add in 1500 to 2000 meters and that number goes way way up. I didn't bother counting there were so many.

So 1500 was a good place to start.

For me, its nice not having to defend a city because there's a guard at the forward base.

When I see EWS now, I know they are bringing the fight, and that's an improvement.

So how's it working for everyone else ?

I don't see the issue. It may develop over time, but I think anything that encourages PvP is welcome

Infantry ews has been increased to 1000m?

Yes.

Lets just see how this plays out in the next campaign.

We don´t have super organised squadplay anymore so it won´t be a huge issue i think. Might be even better because it gives an advantage to the attacker and attacking currently is too difficult.

I don't know... I like not having EWS get set off the second some idiot spawns a truck/tank/atg at the FB.

You're trying to set up on a town, and not advertise it to all of side chat, (spies!!!) and make a switch from a P1 to a new P1... Then some a55hat who either doesn't know any better or DOESN'T CARE, spawns a Tiger ans sits there to wait for the AO to get going. No, the a55hat isn't playing in a squad, he doesn't work with the team... etc.

Man. Having EWS get lowered helps things get set up, which is important to keeping a sense of cohesion going.

I'd compromise at say, 1,750M, but not if the 2,000M setting includes the FB in the sphere of detection.

Or... make little farmhouses and when you drive up to them the peasants rush inside and set off flares or build fires to let the town know the shetstorm is a'comin'!

hahaha

Not sure if you are responding to my post above yours. I though maybe 2000k would be better but Five's explanation changed my mind. 1500 seems like the magic number after he explained it all. I agree, I prefer anything spawning and within 200 meters or so of the FB to NOT set off EWS. I like EWS overall but understand the need for balance. I can live with it either way, I just do not like trying to game the system by being able to very easily set of false EWS conditions. I even cringe when leaders for a side call for this type of tactic. Actually moling a town to me is a different thing because you are engaging the enemy on some level.

EWS seems right now. Drive a defensive fru from a back line town if you want one or a town n or south of town you are defending whatever is possible.

I guess if you have EWS on a town' date=' then dont spawn anything because you've already lost:rolleyes:[/quote']

+10

fully agree. get ews on a town, town brigade is kicked. all the above astute armchair analysis PROVES that this is the case. just change the game to EWSOL and get on with it.

I just wonder what happened to all the old vets/squads were the best/ year one was the best no aos, no ews, no fbs, no frus, attack anywhere all the time people went.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0