Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
penetrate

failure to fix basic items

31 posts in this topic

You think changing the color of some boxes is a update? Why not fix the running through walls, players not being visible until after you are dead etc. (mostly the same unkillable players too) It is 2016 not 1999. Try to actually fix something to keep players.

Every time I return to this game because of fond memories it only takes about 1 hour to remember why I left and leave again.

I have an advanced computer and high speed internet and am willing to pay 20/mo for a good game. Too bad this is not it.

uhhhhh....? Buhhhh...ahhhh? Well...uh.

Come back in a few months when the new code base is out that helps resolve some of those if not the great majority of those issues.

Your timing was a bit off. Game is finally rising from the ashes. Developers are finally after many years ABLE to start making changes and are gaining more and more momentum every day now.

This was a minor update at the near end of this code base.

"failure to catch up on the latest development news" would be a better title. But you are entitled to your opinion.

S!

Edited by stonecomet

Instead of coming to the game and immediately complaining CRS isn't doing anything, why don't you talk around. And not on just axis side, they've got a small issue regarding outspoken negative views... I've tried to explain it time and time again, 1.35 will solve so many problems. The lagging, the excessive spawn delay after swapping targets, etc etc. It's not a failure to fix basic items, it's an inability to do so with what they've been given. The new 1.35 version will drastically fix a LOT of things, I promise you. I was part of the beta testing team and it was amazing how much was changed.

You have to realize this as well: these developers aren't full time employees. They're part time workers, and a few are even volunteers. This is a second job, but this playerbase demands the game have the team's full undivided attention all the time. Hell, this team even worked Christmas Eve into the night, and if I recall correctly Christmas day too! They sacrifice so much of their lives just to be at our beck and call..... They do what they can with what they can while they can.

S!

Edited by usmfan08
fleshing out response

You think changing the color of some boxes is a update? Why not fix the running through walls, players not being visible until after you are dead etc. (mostly the same unkillable players too) It is 2016 not 1999. Try to actually fix something to keep players.

Every time I return to this game because of fond memories it only takes about 1 hour to remember why I left and leave again.

I have an advanced computer and high speed internet and am willing to pay 20/mo for a good game. Too bad this is not it.

Short answer. CRS has both coders and artist/modelers. Artist do not do the coding, coders do not do the artwork/modeling. Both coding and modeling can be done at the same time, just one is much quicker to do then the other.

This lol.

Now you understand why I'm sometime impatient on those forums stone? lol

Offset bug apparently resolved or a lot less common in 1.35. Lets just stick around until then, ok?

Edited by Lob12

Instead of coming to the game and immediately complaining CRS isn't doing anything' date=' why don't you talk around. And not on just axis side, they've got a small issue regarding outspoken negative views... I've tried to explain it time and time again, 1.35 will solve [i']so many problems. The lagging, the excessive spawn delay after swapping targets, etc etc. It's not a failure to fix basic items, it's an inability to do so with what they've been given. The new 1.35 version will drastically fix a LOT of things, I promise you. I was part of the beta testing team and it was amazing how much was changed.

You have to realize this as well: these developers aren't full time employees. They're part time workers, and a few are even volunteers. This is a second job, but this playerbase demands the game have the team's full undivided attention all the time. Hell, this team even worked Christmas Eve into the night, and if I recall correctly Christmas day too! They sacrifice so much of their lives just to be at our beck and call..... They do what they can with what they can while they can.

S!

good post!

I give CRS a chance now. They have put out enough new stuff in the past 6 months that its worth it now to stick around and pray they pull off a nice recovery here in about a year or so.

:D:D:D:D Man I cant stop laughing!

Edited by kase250

1.35 will solve so many problems. The lagging, the excessive spawn delay after swapping targets, etc etc. It's not a failure to fix basic items, it's an inability to do so with what they've been given. The new 1.35 version will drastically fix a LOT of things, I promise you. I was part of the beta testing team and it was amazing how much was changed.

I hope you're right. I'm counting on it. I've promised myself... if it's as good as they claim it will be, I'm finally gunna go HERO. :cool:

I hope you're right. I'm counting on it. I've promised myself... if it's as good as they claim it will be' date=' I'm finally gunna go HERO. :cool:[/quote']

Yeah we put 1.35 through its paces and it held pretty steadfast. I did my own testing on the excessive spawn delay, and the results I got were: Initial spawn in times were usually betwen 1 second and 10 seconds, however upon swapping to brigade flags in another town with a different mission, the spawn in times sometimes exceeded 1 minute, averaging over 30 seconds if i recall correctly. Spawn in times for 1.35 initial was anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds or so, and after swapping to brigade flags in another town it averaged about 10 seconds or so, with max about 18 seconds if I recall.

Since axis & allies went down at gametable online, this is the only game I like. I hope this survives. It's like the axis and allies strategy game but you get to play the attacks in simulation....it's the greatest thing ever.

You think DOC will ever stop wasting time writing books, come back and make a pacific theater?

You think DOC will ever stop wasting time writing books, come back and make a pacific theater?

Only if he needs more of our money.... What little of it there is. :rolleyes:

If there is one thing that is a solid stone fact ... I was never in it for the money. That worked out well because there wasn't any great amount in the first place. ;)

Edited by DOC

If there is one thing that is a solid stone fact ... I was never in it for the money. That worked out well because there wasn't any great amount in the first place. ;)

What ever happened to the ole saying... "Do what you love and the money will come." :D

I'm sure some of you can relate to this. I remember a time long, long ago when the word computer felt alien rolling off the tongue. It conjured up images of a great room filled with massive machines; spinning tape and flashing lights. I even remember using punch cards in high school. Ahhh the soft green light of the old CRT screens. But before even that, if you wanted to play at war. You had to get a couple of your buddies and either have the run of the house or go outside and use your imaginations.

This is the only game that ever conjures up those same feelings of playing at war with some friends in the back yard or nearby fields and woods. Not only that but when I wax nostalgic while online it surpasses that feeling sometimes and transcends into something even more powerful and stunning in it's achievement. It's at those times that I say to myself, how luck I am to be able to experience this game. I think that is one of the main drivers for a lot of us old timers that stubbornly hold onto this one of a kind game.

LOL Penetrate, I am very sorry that you have had a rough life, are angry about yourself, refuse to identify yourself (probably because you can't bear to look at yourself in the mirror, let alone anyone else......) refused to read the game development plan that hundreds of us have worked on the last 2 years... and spent a total of 6 posts at this point to denigrate the game that you once loved.....hehehe

Get a Life! Enjoy your "advanced computer and high speed internet" somewhere else.

LOL Penetrate, I am very sorry that you have had a rough life, are angry about yourself, refuse to identify yourself (probably because you can't bear to look at yourself in the mirror, let alone anyone else......) refused to read the game development plan that hundreds of us have worked on the last 2 years... and spent a total of 6 posts at this point to denigrate the game that you once loved.....hehehe

Get a Life! Enjoy your "advanced computer and high speed internet" somewhere else.

You do realize this game needs every able body it can get right now, don't you?

To be honest, I just recently came back to the game myself after a four year hiatus, and the first thing that smacked me in the face was death by lag. I have my son signed up on a free to play, and have been wanting to play with him and maybe even get him to sub, or pay for it myself.

But not in the current state. I see the same as penetrate. Hear machine gun fire, die, only thing that reveals the killer is death cam, and he\she is behind me. Sorry but I'm better than that, and that aint braggin'. That isn't going fly if they hope to do a STEAM release. People, like my son. will play it for a week and uninstall it.

So be as smug as you will. But the simple fact of the matter is, this games client code needs serious work. Sadly, it was the one saving grace it had, but not anymore.

Sluggo

To be honest, I just recently came back to the game myself after a four year hiatus, and the first thing that smacked me in the face was death by lag. I have my son signed up on a free to play, and have been wanting to play with him and maybe even get him to sub, or pay for it myself.

But not in the current state. I see the same as penetrate. Hear machine gun fire, die, only thing that reveals the killer is death cam, and he\she is behind me. Sorry but I'm better than that, and that aint braggin'. That isn't going fly if they hope to do a STEAM release. People, like my son. will play it for a week and uninstall it.

So be as smug as you will. But the simple fact of the matter is, this games client code needs serious work. Sadly, it was the one saving grace it had, but not anymore.

Sluggo

well said

hopefully they will listen to you

1 person likes this

Sluggo

It's being worked on for 1.35. Reports from the Beta testers are very positive.

Keep the faith!

As for the lag and offset, testing shows that it's fixed in 1.35.

Worth sticking around for to me, but certainly worth coming back in for once 1.35 goes live and the concurrent bugs are addressed with that.

It's a great game, and the Rats are finally able to get more than just bug fixes done. I'm glad to fund a builder account.

Bingo.

Thanks for your support of this great game vas.

S!

I agree with you 100%.

I will also add that the lag death and offset wasn't around until the first patch that came around like 8 or 9 months ago. There hadn't been a patch in a long long time, and the first thing I noticed was that I shot an ei and he just stood there... then disappeared.

Then I saw tanks beginning toroll over and float, and thought, "OMG IT'S BACK TO THE 2006 VERSION!!!"

haha!

They've been working really hard to fix the game, and in the course of things, along with hiring developers and artists, they've realized that they have to essentially do the whole thing over again -it's just bug fix on top of bug fix right now.

The good, REALLY good news is that 1.35, (even in testing,) shows that the offset lag is gone.

Offset, (as explained by KMS to me,) is caused when the server thins your opponent is *here* but your screen shows him *there*.

the effect is that it seems you get shot "through walls" and you don't even see the person who just killed you until a couple seconds later.

It's so screwed.

People have been going berserk for months with cries of "lag switches!!!11!" and "WALL CLIPPING HACKERS!!!!" and "CHEAT!!!" but it's mostly server side lag and problems keeping track of who and what are where.

Now, I had a guy teleporting all over the inside of a cp I was capping, and THAT ain't no lag or offset -that's speed hacking.

When a character jumps ahead in pulses, and disappears between moves, it's a speed hack and should be reported.

As for the lag and offset, testing shows that it's fixed in 1.35.

Worth sticking around for to me, but certainly worth coming back in for once 1.35 goes live and the concurrent bugs are addressed with that.

It's a great game, and the Rats are finally able to get more than just bug fixes done. I'm glad to fund a builder account.

This is where I am.

I won't log in until 1.35 is up, running and totally playable. From today to that date i'll pay subs without game time.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0