Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kchip

Crs: Mp40 revist

115 posts in this topic

This thing is a turd. You can't hit a bus from 10 feet away. How about a fix/revisit for axis on this? Certain other weapons were "patched " when certain other players were unhappy. Sights, recoils...enhanced. sure we got the "laser gun" recently, but they are gone super fast and not available in early tiers.

Make the sight seem closer, larger. And revisit the spread and recoil. Also, make it sound scarier. The audio (which is important) doesnt sound like...well real. There simply must be something that can be done here. Seems fair and only took you guys 2 weeks to "patch" the other weapons.

This isn't what we have ingame:

https://youtu.be/xFrM3PXOd9g

Edited by kchip

Mp40 used to be a good gun now totally nerfed it reminds me of a potato gun now, rage quit weapon.

Its a machine pistol not smg it should not have the flagrant dispertion.

My stats for last night were full of multiple mp40 deaths.

Maybe CRS can make it a throwing weapon instead and give the Stg 44 in tier 4.

https://youtu.be/5H8ZrY_Q4-o

Edited by actonman

This should NEVER be known as the MP40. Growing up, this was the Schmeisser. That was the only name or designation anyone used. I was born in the 1950s. In the '60s, there were plenty of vets around who had a lot to say about the war, especially to an impressionable kid who was very much into military history and militaria as a hobby.

If you asked most American European Theater vets if they feared/respected the MP40, they'd probably ask if it was some kind of can opener or something (which it is, coincidentally). :) If you asked them about the Schmeisser, they'd likely let out a string of curse words, questioning the legitimacy and parenting of every German soldier who carried one.

-Irish

This should NEVER be known as the MP40. Growing up, this was the Schmeisser. That was the only name or designation anyone used. I was born in the 1950s. In the '60s, there were plenty of vets around who had a lot to say about the war, especially to an impressionable kid who was very much into military history and militaria as a hobby.

If you asked most American European Theater vets if they feared/respected the MP40, they'd probably ask if it was some kind of can opener or something (which it is, coincidentally). :) If you asked them about the Schmeisser, they'd likely let out a string of curse words, questioning the legitimacy and parenting of every German soldier who carried one.

-Irish

But it was not designed/made by Schmeisser, which makes me wonder how that name managed to spread :confused: Going back on topic, I do find the MP40 to be really inconsistent, sometimes I can hit targets 100m away (which isn't exactly far) but many times I can't even hit the person right in front of me (<10m).

I have no problems with the mp40. Last days I killed inf about 50-100 meters ago.

It's not designed for distance fights :)

This thing is a turd. You can't hit a bus from 10 feet away. How about a fix/revisit for axis on this? Certain other weapons were "patched " when certain other players were unhappy. Sights, recoils...enhanced. sure we got the "laser gun" recently, but they are gone super fast and not available in early tiers.

Make the sight seem closer, larger. And revisit the spread and recoil. Also, make it sound scarier. The audio (which is important) doesnt sound like...well real. There simply must be something that can be done here. Seems fair and only took you guys 2 weeks to "patch" the other weapons.

This isn't what we have ingame:

https://youtu.be/xFrM3PXOd9g

so another unwanted weapon change made it in by accident ?

/facepalm

1 person likes this

Of course it isn't going to be good at long distance fighting. Your missing the point. IT STINKS at short distance fighting and long distance fighting.

Short bursts should be highly accurate up to 100-150m. They are not. Try to empty a clip into someone at 10-20m, you are dead....

And I'd like to revisit the "sound" of the MP40 as well. There is no fear inspiring crack,crack,crack. It sound like and instrument Emmett Otter used for his Jug band Christmas. Its a turd, and we need a fix. An AXIS HOTFIX.

Need a 2nd revisit yes.

Mas40 still bad at long distance.

Fg42 needs the aiming point after rightclick to be in the same spot.

Mp40 i havent played it but likely it is the same issue with the sight as the mas40/g41.

G41 needs sight closer as well.

Anyway how i understand it is that they have 1 guy who models all the guns on a voluntary basis so it wouldnt take away resources from 1.35 i hope. Just need to keep going in a continuous improvement cycle with revisits until the guns are 100% awesome.

I appreciate a lot what the developers are doing so please just see these comments as constructive feedback.

m1 garand is a good example of the required balance between historical "form" and playability.

Edited by monsjoex

There's always a reason. They found the time to fix the other weapons. They found the time to fix the beddy bug which has been around since, what 2001? I'm sorry, The wait till 1.35 is not acceptable. Not since the gun guy seems to have the time to fix/tweak the other weapons in only 2 weeks. I am not going to go after Mp40 lovers in its current state. You think its fine, the majority will not agree. I'd suggest a poll. Ask the axis PB if they think MP40 should have a hotfix. Incremental even is fine.

I have no problems with the mp40. Last days I killed inf about 50-100 meters ago.

It's not designed for distance fights :)

Even the low-quality Sten guns of WW2 were accurate out to 100m.

For whatever reason SMGs are comically inaccurate in this game, like most of the infantry combat it's just another bad decision that the old dev team made and the new one seems not to care about.

The MP40 is a turd in this game.

Even the grease gun is better after the last patch. Now, you can shoo it from the hip and at 5-10M it holds a body sized group without even aiming.

Plus, it sounds neat "cack cack cack!"

The MP40 needs to be adjusted for sound and recoil, period.

The SMGs are comically inaccurate hahaha

Ok, I have never fired a Mp 40 RL.

What I can share, is the experience of firing 1000s or 9mm parabellum ammo through a Swedish M45b. Its a similar weapon, firing the same ammo (the Swedish one being more powerful) with an open bolt full auto mechanism.

The modelling of the Mp 40 is way off i my opinion.

As a competitor (did both target and military style field shooting competition)

with the M45b, I could place 6 rounds inside a 4" circle at 80

m, or hit a full size Ei figure at 300m. There is no reason that the Mp 40 should not be able to the same accuracy.

Full auto the same, the recoil in the Mp40 model is way out of the Rl

9mm parabellum/luger experience.

This is the gun I have the above experience with;

https://youtu.be/73im_VBjM24

Edited by Hardlead

This is not the 1st "fix the MP40" thread. No fix. But other weapons patched. And quick. I say, WTF?

That's because the MP40 wasn't a "problem" until you needed to start looking for excuses as to why you lost.

The Grease gun fix was to make the recoil animation proportional to what was actually happening, instead of blocking the screen.

Sten gun fix corrected the hand size/position on the weapon so it didn't block the entire screen.

Does the recoil animation or hand size on the MP40 block the entire screen?

The modelling of the Mp 40 is way off i my opinion.

As a competitor (did both target and military style field shooting competition)

with the M45b, I could place 6 rounds inside a 4" circle at 80

m, or hit a full size Ei figure at 300m. There is no reason that the Mp 40 should not be able to the same accuracy.

Full auto the same, the recoil in the Mp40 model is way out of the Rl

9mm parabellum/luger experience.

All the SMGs are too inaccurate, I could understand unrealistically nerfing them so that they don't become too dominant but I haven't seen a reason given, and also rifles both have too much sway and the point of aim of the weapon does not stay in the center of the screen. So rifle combat at range suffers too when the low rate of fire and lag are more than enough to keep them in check. Infantry weapon feel and balance as a whole is just way off.

If the MP40 needs an audit to be ensure its effectiveness, so too do the older Allied SMGs.

I'd like to hear about this topic from some Axis other than the perennial whiners... like Eesti, Moe, BB, etc.

For years I've felt that the MP40 was the best overall SMG... but if there was some inadvertent change then it's worth a look at (just like the older Allied SMGs). I'm still not convinced though.

Nowhere in my posts does it say we lost a campaign due to mp40. Nowhere. The loss is self evident. We just suck. You know YSYS. You suck your stupid.

The disparaging FACTS remain Tuesday"13". This is NOT the first "please fix" the MP40 thread. Search it. Nothing done. FACT.

The MP40 is very unreliable in its present modeling. FACT. Its why so many guys LMG till they are gone, and then fg till they are gone.

Other weapons patched within weeks. FACT.

If the MP40 needs an audit to be ensure its effectiveness, so too do the older Allied SMGs.

I'd like to hear about this topic from some Axis other than the perennial whiners... like Eesti, Moe, BB, etc.

For years I've felt that the MP40 was the best overall SMG... but if there was some inadvertent change then it's worth a look at (just like the older Allied SMGs). I'm still not convinced though.

No need to offer insult.

How many missions have you played with an MP40 in the past two years?

No need to offer insult.

With all due respect, I take much of what you say with a grain of salt. You are very visibly jaded lately and that can have an effect on your objectivity.

That, plus the fact that I haven't used the MP40 very much over the past 2 years, is why I asked for other (more level-headed) Axis players to comment.

Nowhere in my posts does it say we lost a campaign due to mp40. Nowhere. The loss is self evident. We just suck. You know YSYS. You suck' date='[/color'] your [you're] stupid.

The disparaging FACTS remain Tuesday"13" [tuesday12]. This is NOT the first "please fix" the MP40 thread. Search it. Nothing done. FACT.

The MP40 is very unreliable in its present modeling. FACT. Its why so many guys LMG till they are gone, and then fg till they are gone.

Other weapons patched within weeks. FACT.

Yes, please keep telling me that " suck, [i'm] stupid" and calling me names like "mooseprik" on the website.

I never said the loss was due to the MP40, nor did I insinuate that - you certainly have trouble interpreting what I write. What I actually said is that I saw no complaint threads about the MP40 until you started losing - same thing with Axis armour.

I like how much you personally attack me in your posts, even so much as trying to belittle me by not even getting my username right. I'm sorry you have to be that way!

FACTs are FACTs.

Level headedness is called into question now? You know, its just a video game. You want spawnables, warping, 1000mm armor, santa claus.....but not a fair/balanced approach to the player base.

AXIS are people too ya know. We need to see/feel like our concerns are being recognized. Your guns were fixed. But my credibility is questioned?

Done here.

FACTs are FACTs.

Level headedness is called into question now? You know, its just a video game. You want spawnables, warping, 1000mm armor, santa claus.....but not a fair/balanced approach to the player base.

AXIS are people too ya know. We need to see/feel like our concerns are being recognized. Your guns were fixed. But my credibility is questioned?

Done here.

Our guns have not been fixed. Thompson and Mas38 are still what they used to be. But we're fine with them. I've played with the MP40, nothing wrong with it.

No need to offer insult.

Stfu gimp.

Your allied KD this map (0.85) is worst than your career KD (0.99) AND you were taking part in the gangbang. So please.

Go learn to play and stfu you useless noob.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0