Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kchip

Crs: Mp40 revist

115 posts in this topic

I haven't forgotten that you called me an a55hole and said that the 4G is a superior tank to the Sherman.

You are clearly out of your mind.

4G isn't, clearly. It should be treated as a TD with secondary assault support, an M10 you can close the spawnable with if the flanks are covered.

IIIG is superior to Sherman 75 and M10, it's Tier 2 competitors, except for infantry assault.

Tiger should be up on the hill, killing everything that threatens either of the tier 2 tanks, or in the spearhead with supporting tanks to flanks.

Axis equipment requires a pro approach to things, that's just cold facts and a side effect of any kind of accurate modelling of the two equipment philosophies. It's harder, but you can do more with it.

It's harder' date=' but you can do more with it.[/quote']

Often been my own analysis too.

As far as tanks/planes go anyway.

Legit threads dont start off with

This thing is a turd. You can't hit a bus from 10 feet away.

LOL:D

Except for the fact that this thing is a turd, and you can't hit a bus from ten feet away :P

I do a pretty good chunk of CP grinding with the MP40, and recoil/dispersion is pretty silly. I'm not the world's best shot, but holding a tight pattern is pretty damn tough. Which it shouldn't be, in the confines of a CP.

A hundred yards away...sure.

I think I can qualify as not a whiner. I stayed axis and took the beating along with most of BK (think my KD was better with all the targets!). The MP40 isnt right, I've emptied full clips at less then 20m to get no effect. Dispersion is bad - BUT- I have no experience with Allied weapons (dont want to get my hands dirty) so it could be the same there. If it is, they should all be fixed. Im pretty sure Kchip didnt say fix the MP40 and nothing else. And the reason very few Axis post here Kchip is you are NEVER going to win this battle with this crew. Play the game, have fun, hope CRS makes it better for all!

Ce tried that years ago and got annihilated' date=' you're a subscriber you should be able to look it up in the forums.[/quote']

Ce led annihilated armor columns on the Allied side too. Man was more about drumming up enthusiasm and doing 'cool things' and less about proper tactical/scouting/prepping of the battleground.

Ce once organised and led a 15-20 panzers column from Charle FB to Launois and we capped that town in less than a hour after drying all their supplies.

Again, I'd be good with a review of the MP40, might as well since that's the only 'vehicle/weapon' changes happening anyway.

Just as long as the same modelling criteria is applied to all SMGs in that class.

Just wanted to take the time to say S!

Did you know AHC is currently recruiting? Submit your officer application today by visiting www.alliedhq.wwiionline.com

Also all of the back in the old days pre 2004 Smgs were like freakin lasers and no one ever spawned rifles.

If it's truly "nerfed" let's do some testing. PM and we can meet on the training server.

Edited by waver25

I think I can qualify as not a whiner. I stayed axis and took the beating along with most of BK (think my KD was better with all the targets!). The MP40 isnt right' date=' I've emptied full clips at less then 20m to get no effect. ![/quote']

What's important here is that the game sells itself on realism but something so basic is worse than arcade WW2 games. I don't know how people expect to market to the milsim community when the main infantry weapons aren't right.

The old dev team was horrendously incompetent, nothing should be taken for granted and everything should be reviewed. Just because the previous guys had bullets flying out of SMGs at bizarre angles doesn't mean that it was a good idea and that we should keep rolling with it.

I haven't forgotten that you called me an a55hole and said that the 4G is a superior tank to the Sherman.

You are clearly out of your mind.

I haven't said neither, noob.

27k sorties as allied, 21k as axis.

I play SMG a lot. 70% of my sorties maybe?

I prefer the allied SMGs for close combat. I think they are better for the indoor fights. Axis SMG is better for medium distance.

Facts? No, just my opinion. And ofc the player skills counts a lot.

Honestly the axis SMG is decent. I see no major problems with it.

Aside all of this, I'm starting to fear that with all of this "weapon audits" we take the risk to have, at the end, a too much similar perfomance among all of the equipment pieces. We have to be careful for not making all the gear to performs equal. We always had a heterogeneous bunch of units, each one with its own and genunine character, and imho that makes the game rich and enjoyable. Different. That's a part of the challenge of this game.

We should be able to keep the balance among equipments in general, not unit per unit.

It would be sad if we get to the day when it would really does not make any point to use A or B or C weapon since all of them performs exactly in the same way....

Just a thought.

Ok, just did a little informal testing. I spawning into the live server and did some aimed single shots against building walls to see how the graphic hit indicator matched with my sight picture and something definitely looked wrong.

Some of my single shots were wildly off my sight picture. It looks like the game is adding recoil to the first shot even though there was not a previous shot to cause the effect. Now of course I am simply going off what the graphics are showing which may or may not be accurate.

My short, unscientific test indicates that there may well be a problem with the MP40 accuracy.

Those who know me will know that I am a long time Allied player, although I do have an account that I use to play Axis.

Edited by cavalier

Ok, just did a little informal testing. I spawning into the live server and did some aimed single shots against building walls to see how the graphic hit indicator matched with my sight picture and something definitely looked wrong.

Some of my single shots were wildly off my sight picture. It looks like the game is adding recoil to the first shot even though there was not a previous shot to cause the effect. Now of course I am simply going off what the graphics are showing which may or may not be accurate.

My short, unscientific test indicates that there may well be a problem with the MP40 accuracy.

Those who know me will know that I am a long time Allied player, although I do have an account that I use to play Axis.

It works the same exact way with the original allied SMGs as well. Seriously I'm having a hard time understanding how people are just now figuring this out when all SMGs have been this way for years.

Ce once organised and led a 15-20 panzers column from Charle FB to Launois and we capped that town in less than a hour after drying all ttheir supplies.

Hey why not make a 'pining for Ce twank column' thread elsewhere this is about Mp40 gettit.

Edited by actonman

lol a bunch of children bickering over candy....i agree the accuracy of the sub machine guns needs work i have watched some allied training materials that state the mp40 had worse accuracy then the allied guns....then again it was allied training material and they were trying give the allied soldiers confidence...

27k sorties as allied, 21k as axis.

I play SMG a lot. 70% of my sorties maybe?

I prefer the allied SMGs for close combat. I think they are better for the indoor fights. Axis SMG is better for medium distance.

Facts? No, just my opinion. And ofc the player skills counts a lot.

Honestly the axis SMG is decent. I see no major problems with it.

Aside all of this, I'm starting to fear that with all of this "weapon audits" we take the risk to have, at the end, a too much similar perfomance among all of the equipment pieces. We have to be careful for not making all the gear to performs equal. We always had a heterogeneous bunch of units, each one with its own and genunine character, and imho that makes the game rich and enjoyable. Different. That's a part of the challenge of this game.

We should be able to keep the balance among equipments in general, not unit per unit.

It would be sad if we get to the day when it would really does not make any point to use A or B or C weapon since all of them performs exactly in the same way....

Just a thought.

LOL ok then make the tiger 1 what it really was :D go watch fury and tell me the tiger couldnt kill 4 to 5 shermans and the sherman could kill a tiger frontally from any distance

Yeah this gun is bugged since I think 1.33 or before, there was a patch that it said they had change the MP 40 cone fire or something, DOC said it was only the 1st person animation but doesn't seem like it since day 1 of that patch I notice this inaccuracy, since then I stop using SMG because I can't compete or guarantee the outcome of an engagment now I only use rifle and lmg both of these I have made over 30 kills sorties while the SMG the max I did was 8..

How to see it...

If you want to see it just go to practice offline star firing the gun in single shots at 50m< X against that vehicle garage.

You will start seeing wild shot that go probably up to 50% off the ironsight position, it's not the only gun that does this but is by far the biggest single fire spread infantry gun.

This also shows that spread on WW2ol Infantry weapons is not based on continuous fire...

Edited by pbveteran

There's no cone-of-fire bloom, so even if you fire once you'll get shots that veer off far to the side as if you were dumping the mag. Not only is this unrealistic it also makes for bad gameplay because there's little incentive to burst fire.

Now LMGs do have COF bloom, so this ancient engine does support that. For some reason though the MP 40 is screwed.

This is basic stuff, I wouldn't trust anything that doc or gopher or whoever did to the game.

I like it axis. Keep the feedback coming. Every 6-7th shot lands 1m to the right or left on the ground way short of your target. The recoil makes you wonder to what ammo is loaded, because it acts like .45

Not even .45 acts like this.

You should be able to pop-pop-pop-pop a four shot short burst and not see two of them fly 5 ft. to the right or left at a range of 5M.

One thing that DOES help is crouching while firing, but not much.

If theres something wrong with the MP40 then it should be looked at.

With all the Axis whining about equipment deficiencies as of late, how can anyone decipher whats true or isnt. Especially coming from the OP.

With all the Axis whining about equipment deficiencies as of late, how can anyone decipher whats true or isnt. Especially coming from the OP.

Yeah this.

I went offline to test it a bit, and yeah it wasn't super excellent at 100m...

Still able to hit the target.

All we are asking for is CRS to look into it. Crying/whining call it what you want. Squeaky wheel gets grease.

What I didn't understand is why they didn't audit the FG42 sights that seem to suffer from the same disease than the MAS40.

Even pulfer and me thought they should update it a bit.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0