• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kchip

Crs: Mp40 revist

115 posts in this topic

What I didn't understand is why they didn't audit the FG42 sights that seem to suffer from the same disease than the MAS40.

Even pulfer and me thought they should update it a bit.

I said something as well including about the g41, I'm guessing it just wasn't as high priority as the new allied weapons because the sights weren't as obtrusive.

Maybe one day they'll do a complete audit on the firing characteristics of SMGs but everyone needs to realize that currently all SMGs have an inherently random, inaccurate firing pattern that is not really based on recoil, firing in bursts, or anything of the like. The first generation of SMGs have this dialed to 11, which is why it's important to fire in bursts and hope that one of the 3-5 shots land on target.

I said something as well including about the g41, I'm guessing it just wasn't as high priority as the new allied weapons because the sights weren't as obtrusive.

Maybe one day they'll do a complete audit on the firing characteristics of SMGs but everyone needs to realize that currently all SMGs have an inherently random, inaccurate firing pattern that is not really based on recoil, firing in bursts, or anything of the like. The first generation of SMGs have this dialed to 11, which is why it's important to fire in bursts and hope that one of the 3-5 shots land on target.

I would imagine that CRS wishes they had the time and resources to audit all the weapons and vehicles in the game. Death lag, offset and giving the code the ability to make these changes easier is higher priority now. Yes they have made some changes recently to allied weapons but they have to pick and choose these days and sometimes that appears as an imbalance if you look at everything from a side-centric point of view.

Hey why not make a 'pining for Ce twank column' thread elsewhere this is about Mp40 gettit.

Bitter much? I can get it after such a disgraceful lost.

Bitter much? I can get it after such a disgraceful lost.

Lost what ? we already won Campaign 120 at Xmas when CRS had to gift it to you, the rest was just us tickling your toes :D

Edited by actonman

What I didn't understand is why they didn't audit the FG42 sights that seem to suffer from the same disease than the MAS40.

Even pulfer and me thought they should update it a bit.

Yoo hoo it`s about the MP40, nice try at deflection from OP tho.

I would imagine that CRS wishes they had the time and resources to audit all the weapons and vehicles in the game. Death lag' date=' offset and giving the code the ability to make these changes easier is higher priority now. Yes they have made some changes recently to allied weapons but they have to pick and choose these days and sometimes that appears as an imbalance if you look at everything from a side-centric point of view.[/quote']

Time and resources? Just how many values and lines of code do you think govern the MP40's accuracy? It is the way it is because they don't think it's a problem.

I don't see how you can even begin to compare searching out and fixing bugs within an undocumented netcode and server client with this, reminds me of they way doc would always claim that some minor issue was immeasurably complex and couldn't be fixed.

Edited by david01

capco is the one in the middle fyi

Most definitely.

Healthywealthy.jpg

Edited by capco

All we are asking for is CRS to look into it. Crying/whining call it what you want. Squeaky wheel gets grease.

With black out bug players had to make videos of the instances where the bug was prevalent and send those in to crs.....so get your guys fraps up and show the recoil/inaccuracy of the weapon and send it in....might want to show it in comparison to other smgs to show any real inconsistency

With black out bug players had to make videos of the instances where the bug was prevalent and send those in to crs.....so get your guys fraps up and show the recoil/inaccuracy of the weapon and send it in....might want to show it in comparison to other smgs to show any real inconsistency

Exactly.

Many people here are saying a lack of accuracy is present in all of the original SMGs.

I took the time to make two comparison videos. They are pretty new so they might still be low resolution...

OLD SMGs:

/watch?v=Z0Cam4qkv1Q

Conclusion: The MP40 performs just as good as the two allied guns at 30m range when using short bursts. The MP40 has about the same recoil as the Mas38, the Thompson has massive recoil and must use short bursts at range over 30 metres. Close quarters however the Thompson is super effective.

Edit: I noticed that i was standing up when shooting the Thompson, just tested shooting it crouching and it had slightly better results, however still shooting the last 10 rounds on the roof top of the veh spawn. Sorry for this noobish mistake.

NEW SMGs:

/watch?v=HIGcOvxF_Dw

Conclusion: Very hard to see any difference between the weapons. They perform equally.

Hope that helps.

Edited by pulfer

Pulfer....man....

We are talking about fixing Mp40 man. Start your own thread :)

I'm trying to help. :) Got a new video coming up with the LMGs. I was surprised by the result to be honest...

LMG Comparison:

/watch?v=PUgq1K8-Clc

Conclusion: Although the MG34 has 50 rounds it is not very accurate shooting from the hip. Actually the allied LMGs perform a little better here, but they aren't very accurate either shooting from the hip. The rate of fire on the MG34 is insane, and is certainly helping at close quarters. To me it seems the MG34 is a bit overrated, but I'm not that type of player who would use it anyway... An expert can do a better video.

And obviously, the Americans doesn't even have an LMG.

I also did a test comparing the FG42 to the BAR and they are about equal to be honest. The sights on the FG42 is slightly annyoing. It's too small. They have about the same spread emptying a clip.

Edited by pulfer

I am really getting pissed off at both sides' craptastic insult posting here, and may I remind the posters that this goes out to the whole internet as opposed to the premium private stuff?

Check your attitude and your privilege.

Free accounts shouldn't be a ticket to insult. Neither should a premium account as we need to attract people who are sitting on the fence about subbing.

People have concerns.

Some can be ridiculous. Others can be legit.

Sometimes it takes a clash in a forum to get closer to the truth of which it is, but we don't need to get nasty while hashing this out.

Name calling is so 9 year old. Leave it back at the elementary school with your childhood, and try and act like the adults you theoretically are.

@pulfer

Use single fire on smg always on ironsight standing I have some videos that bluntly shows stupid close combat misses but never got to upload, will do so on when I leave college.

Ok, 10-15m. Short burst, historically all rounds should be in the black circle of target. They are not. She rides off and you get the wild bullets that on some occasions miss this target altogether. Almost like, a girl is shooting it :). Lets assume its a 25 y/o male with decent strength and eyesight. I don't like the allied smgs either, but y'all need your own thread for that.

https://youtu.be/heUxXhSUnZE

I am really getting pissed off at both sides' craptastic insult posting here, and may I remind the posters that this goes out to the whole internet as opposed to the premium private stuff?

Check your attitude and your privilege.

Free accounts shouldn't be a ticket to insult. Neither should a premium account as we need to attract people who are sitting on the fence about subbing.

People have concerns.

Some can be ridiculous. Others can be legit.

Sometimes it takes a clash in a forum to get closer to the truth of which it is, but we don't need to get nasty while hashing this out.

Name calling is so 9 year old. Leave it back at the elementary school with your childhood, and try and act like the adults you theoretically are.

Everyone hates you i`m sorry me too.

Not remotely true but if you wanna act like an 8 year old u should post in ot its very boring there and you would fit right in i am sure

I don't really care whether you or anyone else does, I never sought the affection of anyone in the game besides my squad members and esteemed colleagues.

What I do want is a recognition that we need each other, that this is a valuable game and community, and for the game to give everyone equal opportunity to win (but not equal red vs. blue), only the quality of their play affects the outcome.

You can hate me all you like, if I have the above that's all I would want out of these exchanges or your emotional reaction to me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0