Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Sign in to follow this  
kchip

Crs: Mp40 revist

Capco
FACTs are FACTs.

Level headedness is called into question now? You know, its just a video game. You want spawnables, warping, 1000mm armor, santa claus.....but not a fair/balanced approach to the player base.

AXIS are people too ya know. We need to see/feel like our concerns are being recognized. Your guns were fixed. But my credibility is questioned?

Done here.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the recent audit and what you are suggesting are two different situations. The recent audit was done to properly implement brand new weapons. What you are asking for is an audit on something as old as the game itself that has no record of being altered lately.

So far in this thread, there are some people saying the MP40 was nerfed, two of which are you and vasduten.

There are some people saying that all the SMGs need an audit to be accurate beyond 100m.

There are also some people who saying there is no issue at all with the gun itself.

Nothing about that breakdown screams out "FACTs" to me.

actonman

It is obvious to any Axis player who uses mp40 regularly that it was nerfed in recent patches.

Anything the allied nooblets wanted on their wishlist they got for their stolen campaign win.

End of story on to the next one.

smythes

There are no facts in this threads - just opinions, and just like orifices everyone has one or some.

Lob12
It is obvious to any Axis player who uses mp40 regularly that it was nerfed in recent patches.

Anything the allied nooblets wanted on their wishlist they got for their stolen campaign win.

End of story on to the next one.

I CTD'd while camping your FRU yesterday... was mad haha

vasduten1
With all due respect, I take much of what you say with a grain of salt. You are very visibly jaded lately and that can have an effect on your objectivity.

That, plus the fact that I haven't used the MP40 very much over the past 2 years, is why I asked for other (more level-headed) Axis players to comment.

You're right, I've been really jaded lately, and I stand by my conviction that Axis armor is tinfoil and not up to the task of forming up columns, ZOCs, etc.

The MP40 isn't very reliable as a close combat machine gun.

Go play with the MP40 exclusively in the intermission; the server is back up.

Keep a pen and paper handy and write down how many times you either wing or miss an EI.

Just go try it for a few days and see for yourself.

I much prefer the grease gun honestly... it holds a sweet pattern now.

Also, I'm going to reiterate how happy I am now that Blob and Pulfer are on the ignore list -I don't have to read their crummy comments or even see what they say ingame.

So glad to have that feature available.

kchip

Sorry man. BS. I call BS. Proper implantation? Uploading the FRAPS now. Somewhere I remember the rats posted about the game needing audits from time to time, as things get stale. The MP40 is stale. Very unstable, shots ride down - not up, recoil makes impossible to keep aimed. Sounds like shaking a half empty cereal box. Yes, perhaps best used when you can actually throw it a an enemy. 50m prone seems ....ok. But standing, is next to impossible to hit your enemy. There is no stability standing, with aim. It should ride up, but it rides side to side and even down.

And most AXIS posters here are either :

a) afraid to post so we never hear from

B) quit the game so we never hear from

c) a small circle of what you call "credible"

Lob12

Also, I'm going to reiterate how happy I am now that Blob and Pulfer are on the ignore list -I don't have to read their crummy comments or even see what they say ingame.

Who cares; I can still destroy your credibility for all those who care at least one iota about objectivity.

You came here with the intend of "proving" that our gear is "uber" so it would get "balanced" thats all youre here to do. So everyone who reads your crap has to take that into consideration.

All you whiners love to biatch about gear but when we start questioning your skills, we automatically become all mean bullies lol.

How do you explain that your KD so far is uglier on the allied side then, uh? Even though you joined while we were "winning" and played mostly with top-end gear? I guess ignoring me is easier than trying to answer those factual questions ? Silence can be considered as an admission of guilt btw.

Nothing about gear; its about who's using it. In this instance, you didn't come over with the intention of discovering the other side. Something I would have welcomed. No, you just come over to fake to realize how our gear is «uber» after making barely 50 kills lol. Like you didn't believe that before anyway :rolleyes: Could've stayed axis and save us all a lot of time.

Both you and kchip need to get better. Simple as that. I won't be as mean to kchip as he really played hard for his side and got my respects for that. Contrary to you spineless gimp. I've got good hopes for kchip. He kept playing hard even though he lost and I'll cut him some slack because its normal an involved players gets angry lol.

Plenty of axis inf players pwn me over very good distance with their SMGs. Use it right.

If I was axis, I'd get the same performance or even better. Been there, done that. My career KD is nearly the same than my allied one, I just didn't play in a long while and I got much better now :)

Edited by Lob12

pulfer
You're right, I've been really jaded lately, and I stand by my conviction that Axis armor is tinfoil and not up to the task of forming up columns, ZOCs, etc.

Keep a pen and paper handy and write down how many times you either wing or miss an EI.

I bet you a yearly subscription that AEF could easily get a 15-20 axis Panzer column going and camp the **** out of any town. In any tier.

Lob12
I bet you a yearly subscription that AEF could easily get a 15-20 axis Panzer column going and camp the **** out of any town. In any tier.

this

kchip

I'm sorry. k/d is irrelevant to this discussion. The more capping you do, the lower the k/d. Its just how it goes. Calling skills into this is also unnecessary when we have lag/offset issues that leave cappers dead having not seen anyone run up the stairs. How can you call someone a bad player in this regard. Jonhare comes to mind immediately. 400-500 cap, k/d .55. Is it his fault he dies a lot? I doubt it. We have had many encounters and I respect his attack/cap mentality.

The question here is about historical accuracy of the Mp40 and what we have in game. Maybe its just having a good gun in the fg. That's fun. Spoiled us some? The MP40 leaves you dead more often times pounding the keyboard saying "wtf" is wrong with this POS. While defending a fort AB bunker a few days ago, I'm laying prone when American rifle runs through gate and towards the door of the bunker. I am looking at his BACK as he runs...... At 10m, a full clip, while prone he doesn't die. He stops turns around, and rifles me. This is pure crap. So is it that I suck, the gun sucks, a combination, or I just need 1.35 and all my game issues will disappear?

How about the rats just say, hey, yeah, will give it a look.

Lob12

386 caps this map baby.

and I don't whore the resets like some.

You're right about Jon and other people who make excellent contribution without having good KDs.

But they also don't insinuate that the enemy gear is superior. Or not with the same vehemency.

I admit I prefer allied SMGs than the axis ones. But then you guys got your LMGs and the FG42 now too... They are really superior than ours.

This game ain't red vs blue, but overall, it balance itself out.

Edited by Lob12

Hardlead

And after all hot air, the mp 40 is still not close in the modelling compared to RL 9mm SMG. Mow THIS is a fact.

(this might be true to other SMGs in game as well?)

I game, if thats intentionally or a mistake that will be corrected is a different thing.

Jsilec

I like the axis smg....good at close quarter combat and in the proper hands can be deadly....ofcourse with the lmg in supply i would grab that first in a heartbeat because its superior close and distant....what exactly is the problem with it?

david01

Ce tried that years ago and got annihilated, you're a subscriber you should be able to look it up in the forums.

kchip

Notice every 5-6 shot land at the ground both left and right. With "controlled" bursts. It even worse if you hold the trigger down. It rides down and right, back to target and it rides left and. Its 9mm. Not .45.

https://youtu.be/xFbhD8WR2a0

david01
And after all hot air, the mp 40 is still not close in the modelling compared to RL 9mm SMG. Mow THIS is a fact.

(this might be true to other SMGs in game as well?)

I game, if thats intentionally or a mistake that will be corrected is a different thing.

There's no official position, that's the thing. I think it's obvious that SMGs are nerfed to ridiculous levels in a poor attempt to balance the game but there's no info just players making claims.

For instance what's the bloom of SMGs per shot? What's the starting cone of fire? What's the moving cone of fire? What are the values for hipfire? It's all deliberately hidden as if the devs think giving out critical info is going to harm the game.

Lob12
Ce tried that years ago and got annihilated' date=' you're a subscriber you should be able to look it up in the forums.[/quote']

Lol he got sick of all the crap in axis side chan and the negativism more than anything else.

KGW/ASA did it for years too.

kchip

Go ahead pulfer. Get your buddies and give it a whirl. Enjoy

sw25th

I would be ok with CRS looking at youtube videos of the MP40 and seeing how accurate it really is.

I do believe it could be more accurate.

vasduten1

hahaha AEF in a Panzer column... try it in ANY tier.

Put your money where your big giant mouth is and play Axis for an entire campaign.

Please.

Try the MP40, try the Panzers.

Try the SuperUperDuper charged 88MM.

Be sure and post your KD first and then again after the campaign.

I haven't forgotten that you called me an a55hole and said that the 4G is a superior tank to the Sherman.

You are clearly out of your mind.

Lob12
hahaha AEF in a Panzer column... try it in ANY tier.

Put your money where your big giant mouth is and play Axis for an entire campaign.

Please.

Try the MP40, try the Panzers.

Try the SuperUperDuper charged 88MM.

Be sure and post your KD first and then again after the campaign.

I haven't forgotten that you called me an a55hole and said that the 4G is a superior tank to the Sherman.

You are clearly out of your mind.

Your KD was worst this map as allied than as axis.

Your whole shat is falling appart dude.

david01
Lol he got sick of all the crap in axis side chan and the negativism more than anything else.

KGW/ASA did it for years too.

No KGW would setup ATGs on a good spot around town, then get infantry and bofors to protect the ATGs while they tried to drain the spawnlist. Tanks were saved for the final push because they were so vulnerable and wasted otherwise. Sometimes late tier when 3Gs and 4Gs came out something would be put together but no one was charging in to Sedan with tanks.

Ce would look at where the axis attacked during EU time, then rush those towns with a literal blob of tanks as fast they could spawn. Regardless of whether the rush was successful he would switch to another town, rush again and basically wreck supply along the frontline on both sides.

He got memed on by axis vets because his strategy only works with good numbers of strong medium/heavy tanks and depended on the opponent literally sitting still for the next eight hours while flags resupplied. A huge element of the "TZ3 problem" was US prime time wrecking the lines and then logging off, something AHC tolerated but pissing away supply was not looked upon fondly by OKW.

Lob12

They would bring tanks too... there always a squad that did tanks.

My squad (3DLM) would do it from time to time and we were the whole 30 guys in armor. It was always awesome operations.

We also use ATGs in our ZOCs... but sure keep only seeing the tanks.

Took plenty of towns this map without big armor push.

Btw I thought this was a whine thread about the MP40, not the "panzers" :rolleyes:

Edited by Lob12

Jsilec

Actually ce tried pz columns with various axis players/squads, AEF never went axis with him nor did the 23rd

Kilemall

I have personally seen absolute crushings of Allied positions by Axis tanks and very recently too, little as 1-2 campaigns ago.

What Axis tanks need however are numbers, equal or advantaged because they are definitely weaker in the flanks.

If the Axis tanks roll out without cover, they die.

The return of the ATG with the FRU change accentuates this situation.

As for the Axis SMG, I am always in favor of any denerfing and returning to as close to weapon spec as possible. The MP40 always was #1 SMG, not sure what could have changed in the meantime.

My definition of modelling is a bit more aggressive and so I would want the weapon failures to be modeled too, something that CRS did a little bit of back in the day and largely backed off of due to the crowd that wants the weapons to work as perfectly as test conditions.

Edited by Kilemall

Sign in to follow this